The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Someone on that GnR Fanspot FB group said that apparently Slash told one of them (within the last few days or so) that they are in fact planning to hit the studio after this tour. Did anyone see that? Didn't see it mentioned here.

Is the source “trust me bro”?

• Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Someone on that GnR Fanspot FB group said that apparently Slash told one of them (within the last few days or so) that they are in fact planning to hit the studio after this tour. Did anyone see that? Didn't see it mentioned here.

Well this seems the plan as he pointed on his last interview, also the tour manager confirmed the same 2 months ago more or less

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The post on fb is so vague that it could very well be just a reiteration of what Slash said in interviews a while ago.

I see that someone in the comments said that they heard the same from Frank Sidoris, so who knows.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

yeah sorry that was me. By hitting it in the studio they mean hitting dat ass.

Edited by GNR4Ever2024
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I really don't like that plan.

I mean, I understand that for some reason this seems to be the only way for them to do it, but one song at a time is difficult to enjoy for me.

Perhaps for example, that's a solid album track, would be kinda cool between two rockers on an actual album.

As a stand alone single it's just...there now. 

This was likely the only way we were getting new music. Much easier to release a song once in a blue moon than to actually negotiate an album release with the label.

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Does people actually listen to albums anymore? 

I do.

7 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

its only "legendary" to a handful of people on these forums.  Most fans have never heard of it.  And i am 100 percent sure that when released, most on this board will complain about it

The general public doesn't even know or care it exists.

They think songs like Locomotive and Bad Obsession are new songs.

13 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

It’s really just the kick drum for me. SO LOUD. Wonder if it was on purpose or not 

It sounds like a re-sample to me, the kick drum sounds fairly beater-heavy and present for sure.  Perhaps sounds way more organic sounding in its mix compared to both Hard Skool and Absurd

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

SMKC were also supposed to play in Europe in 2024. Has there been any news on that? I haven't read anything.

Slash could write/record for GN'R on the road before joining them in the studio.

14 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

But does I dream that Slash said "he have some new music on my Iphone and also other sounds for "Slash and the conspirators" ? (ps:  for me "4" was the worst Album they made)

Yes, he said in an interview (last year or so), that he hast different folders on his phone, where he saves some ideas. Some riffs for SMKC and another one for GNR.... As for the Studio plans: doesn't it make sense, to write the songs, BEFORE hitting a Studio? I mean... A studio is for recording sessions, isn't it? Maybe we are closer to new album than we believe we are... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slugworth said:

They think songs like Locomotive and Bad Obsession are new songs.

Why should they? It's more than ovious these are old tracks. They might don't know them, but I doubt they think these are new tracks. Most likely they don't even know that GNR still releases music at all

• PERHAPS 1

26 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Yes, he said in an interview (last year or so), that he hast different folders on his phone, where he saves some ideas. Some riffs for SMKC and another one for GNR.... As for the Studio plans: doesn't it make sense, to write the songs, BEFORE hitting a Studio? I mean... A studio is for recording sessions, isn't it? Maybe we are closer to new album than we believe we are... 🤷‍♂️

He said that in the early days of the reunion, but said something contrary more recently. Iirc he said, when he's on tour with SMKC he only has them in mind when writing music and the same with GNR. But really I don't know exactly what he said.

Edited by Free Bird