The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

22 hours ago, Free Bird said:

IMO Hard Skool benefits from Slash’s guitar during the verses a lot. It makes the music sound like GNR. I've never fell in love with his slide guitar. Always preferred the first half of the solo.

I agree the re-worked song sounds more like the classic GN'R, I just felt it would have been better if they had attempted to improve upon what was already there, instead of trying to get it to sound like it came from the Illusions or earlier. 

57 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I agree the re-worked song sounds more like the classic GN'R, I just felt it would have been better if they had attempted to improve upon what was already there, instead of trying to get it to sound like it came from the Illusions or earlier. 

maybe it wasn't a calculated decision for the rerecorded tunes to sound like material from a specific era of Gn'R or classic Gn'R, could be it's just how they sound like together (Slash and Duff with Axl)

• Like 4

New Fortus interview:

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertainment/local/music/st-louisan-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses-finally-makes-it-to-biggest-hometown-stage/article_48d6409a-48dc-11ee-8ab3-2731484c4382.html

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music,” he says."

If I am interpreting this quote correctly, then it is EXACTLY what I want to hear. Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps etc are clearing the way for ACTUAL new music and will NOT be included on any future album. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's finally happening.

That's right, the release date has been announced. By the end of this month we'll finally hear what we've all been waiting so long for, even if we didn't know we needed to hear it.

September 29, mark the date on your calendar's now.

Then get ready for the epic, incredible new sounds of......

DJ Ashba's ex wife. :headbang:

IMG_3005.jpg

Didn't know that ashba was married with a Thai ladyboy! 😳

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Haha 3

On 9/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's finally happening.

That's right, the release date has been announced. By the end of this month we'll finally hear what we've all been waiting so long for, even if we didn't know we needed to hear it.

September 29, mark the date on your calendar's now.

Then get ready for the epic, incredible new sounds of......

DJ Ashba's ex wife. :headbang:

IMG_3005.jpg

Holy moly those things look fake. Why women do that to their chest unless they had some type of health issue is beyond me. She looks ridiculous topless in that jacket due to the obviously fake boobs.

• Like 4

On 8/29/2023 at 10:21 AM, Blackstar said:

The fact that Perhaps has been a significant improvement in the production, mixing and mastering front, is an indication that GN'R took the related complaints about Absurd and Hard Skool into account, and that's why they worked with different people for mixing and mastering. So there's hope that the 2021 tracks have gotten a new mix, too.

Could that be why Axl and Slash were in the studio a few months back?

• PERHAPS 1

21 hours ago, Jim V. said:

Santo cielo, esas cosas parecen falsas. No entiendo por qué las mujeres se hacen eso en el pecho a menos que tengan algún tipo de problema de salud. Se ve ridícula en topless con esa chaqueta debido a los senos obviamente falsos.

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Obviamente le encantan las cosas falsas. Quiero decir que estaba casada con DJ Ashba. :jajaja:

Shut up DJ Ashba IS GNR

On 8/28/2023 at 4:13 PM, Voodoochild said:

Would love to know. Maybe The Blues and CD or Madagascar? Back in 2000 the album was basically the Village demos.

Was relistening to annold Appetite For Distortion podcast with Sean Beaven and he mentions that it was his idea to bring in Bob Ezrin. Maybe if he comes on the podcast again @Gambit83 could ask him if he heard about Ezrin's feedback or if he ever spoke to Axl about it after the fact.

• Like 2