06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

28 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I be nervous :nervous: just hope it show not be Apocalypse to Axl/GNR.

They will be fine 😉 I don’t think it will be any worse than Reading and Leeds 2010.. as great as they played the critics and British crowds crucified them. 

for example.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manfisman said:

So is this broadcasted online or only in the UK? Actually is this live broadcasted at all or posted afterwards?

It will be watched by Millions in the UK on the biggest network. Do you get BBC America? Or worldwide? Perhaps it's on there. VPN iPlayer is probably the way to go on the BBC website. It is being broadcast at a max ultra HD which will I'm sure appear as a download in the days/hours following....

It's gonna be perfect weather. Warm but not too hot....just need the guys to give a decent performance now...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There's a difference between being a 'fan' and saying something complimentary though. People always confuse that as everything has to be an extreme now. 

I accidentally watched Robbie Williams live on TV the other night. Thought it was a great show, he came across as a decent guy and I enjoyed it. I can't stand his music though and would never dream of buying or even listening to it normally. 

Yeah I saw him at Isle of Wight fest on TV. Was impressed actually. Angels is obviously an all time great song, but he's a good showman for sure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I wondered how long it would take grumpy old Noel to chime In with his opinion....honestly if Fernando had half a brain, he would collect all these articles, ping Axl and give him a greivance, a point to prove. Axl has always given more when he's backed into the corner with the world against him sorta thing (see Axl/DC as recent(ish) example...)

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/noel-gallagher-no-idea-why-070000655.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHvKThEz83Tyi9vVKf3Wg8wAz4RTtHfcAaKprdplfJv-uKCRZD53skKiUFm0DCWMjuOCl45Zo05ITTJTrkaX3wykw3QbkFW2tP_h1GVQscOED6a42zvRadixdiTg4-jtwE_-k_FatpYTduZ7BblpukbqPEaLhH0phWfVWb-Pd6XS

It's unbelievable how this attention seeking c*** is still getting some mainstream spotlight in 2023 :facepalm: 

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

They will be fine 😉 I don’t think it will be any worse than Reading and Leeds 2010.. as great as they played the critics and British crowds crucified them. 

for example.. 

I was at this gig. They crucified him because he came on just over an hour late, and made absolutely zero effort to engage with the audience at all. he won them back during This I love, but then came all the superfluous band solos even though it was obviously going to be a shortened set, and then they cut at midnight so the set was less than 90 minutes, 20 minutes of which had been dizzy solos bumblefoot solos etc. The actual vocal and musical performance from the band was brilliant. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I was at this gig. They crucified him because he came on just over an hour late, and made absolutely zero effort to engage with the audience at all. he won them back during This I love, but then came all the superfluous band solos even though it was obviously going to be a shortened set, and then they cut at midnight so the set was less than 90 minutes, 20 minutes of which had been dizzy solos bumblefoot solos etc. The actual vocal and musical performance from the band was brilliant. 

I was there too and completely agree. I remember saying at the time (and stand by it) that if Axl had been on time and had Slash and Duff behind him it would’ve been hailed as a triumph.

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

I was there too and completely agree. I remember saying at the time (and stand by it) that if Axl had been on time and had Slash and Duff behind him it would’ve been hailed as a triumph.

100% agree. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

for example.. 

So many fucking idiots with big fuckin mouths in this video.

• Like 2

While Arctic Monkeys' set on the Friday is being shown on BBC2, GNR's performance is being shown live on fucking BBC1  - you couldn't get any bigger exposure in the UK - there will be literally millions of people watching this.

Going to be funny seeing unaware parts of the country's reaction when they come out to Its So Easy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

So many fucking idiots with big fuckin mouths in this video.

Yeah. And probably they all were the first to buy tickets when the reunion came around. And those are the people the band relies on to charge the prices they now charge.

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

While Arctic Monkeys' set on the Friday is being shown on BBC2, GNR's performance is being shown live on fucking BBC1  - you couldn't get any bigger exposure in the UK - there will be literally millions of people watching this.

Going to be funny seeing unaware parts of the country's reaction when they come out to Its So Easy!

Odd - I have just set it to record at 10pm on BBC2?

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

for example.. 

Oh Jesus! That's a flashback...I remember clicking on NME the next morning and watching this...first time I've seen it since...plenty of reasons to get at the band, some of these twits should try being fans such as us!

Anyone watching Glastonbury coverage on BBC2 now...first show of 2023 festival....just previewed sets and showed Sweet Child video to showcase guns...getting close folks! 

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

It’s the other way around. Arctic Monkeys are on BBCOne 10:30pm-12:00am Friday and Guns N’ Roses are on BBCTwo 10:00pm - 02:00am Saturday.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

We are gonna get a high quality source of footage for video/audio which is great! 🥳

Also...I feel like I used to work for the Eavis's with all this praise...but in all the festivals I've watched over the years, some dodgy sound and editing comes to mind...honestly, mostly the camera work, shots and sound is 2nd to none at Glasto for a live event!

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

So should we expect Axl singing Wonderwall? 

So maybeee
Tomorrow’s gig will be lazyyy 
And after all 
We won’t play Perhaps at all 

Soooo Beta can wait 
She knows it’s never too late 
As she rakes in new dough 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1