06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

10 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Gutted I won't be able to watch live. Finally on TV in the UK and I'l be flying back from a friend's wedding in Greece instead.

Still, knowing it's less than a week to go before Hyde Park more than softens the blow

Finally back, although thanks to a delay, I was able to watch until halfway through Jungle.

Anyone got a link to where I can catch up? I'm not seeing it on iPlayer and the BBC News stream I was watching has gone.

EDIT: It's on iPlayer now

Edited by DoMw94

16 minutes ago, alfierose said:

138 posts since 2006. Do we all smell or something? :lol: 

Hell no! Well, at least not as much as I was smelling last night after Motley Crue's show. You guys rock, keep holding the torch around here 😉

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Haven't seen a second of tonights show. Is it really that good or is it the usual MyGNR overexaggeration where he still Mickeys his way through everything but it's somehow conceived not as bad?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/guns-n-roses-review-glastonbury-festival-b2363553.html

• ABSUЯD 1

Rock in Rio 2022 sound mixing was so much better that tonight's. Besides the problems with mic levels, I could barely hear Duff's bass on Pretty Tied Up intro and the drums sound was weird during the entire concert. Axl's performance was more consistent tonight tho.

Listening to the show now and the band sounds fantastic, Axl included.  The reviews seem great too.  Not sure how the rights and everything work but this seems like a great show to release on a blu ray.  Outside of like one review it seems like mostly everything was mostly positive.  Proud of the band for stepping onto one of the biggest stages and showing why they are one of the biggest rock bands going.  Nice to hear the band live in good quality instead of someone's shitty cell phone recording too.

Fuck all the haters.

• Like 1

See the BBC review saying the bands set had too much obscure music in it. Including Slither in that line up. I guess for a Glastonbury set, it is a little front loaded with less "greatest hits" stuff. I think it probably would have been a good idea to go into Jungle second and leave Bad obsession to the middle of the set, if at all. GNR just do not give a fuck🤣 "this is our set, like or lump it!" They don't mind the crowd dwindling. They probably should have brought out some of the fireworks too, although again... it's kinda cool that they forego the easy pop from the pyro.

Just listening here. Jungle was not great you could barely hear him. But almost everything else so far is surprisingly decent. The mix is a little wonky too, Duff and Melissa do a lot of backing vocals and they can barely be heard. Same for the piano

Slash really cocked up the Estranged solo🤣 Axl sounded pretty great on the outro of Estranged.

Rocket Queen vocals... verses he was struggling, but he pulled the old Axl out of the bag for that outro

Reckless life, Patience, Knocking on heavens (it was actually enjoyable🤣) were the most consistent songs vocally of the night by a country mile. There were other songs in there that were decent too, and some that were on the not so great. What I did like was that there was fuck all down time, they were lorrying into songs, so the energy didn't drop to badly 6/10 

Wow i knew this Glasto thing had that stupid hippie connotation but i didn't knew it represented that far end of the spectrum... maybe that's why (as some people said here) nobody gives a shit about this in America.... and don't even bother reading any reviews, there are some very angry cunts ranting about how shameful it is that they got the most macho heavy rock act possible to headline their precious Glastonbury, i just read one where they called Slash a plumber? and also that Axl sounded like a lawnmower or something

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Listening to the show now and the band sounds fantastic, Axl included.  The reviews seem great too.  Not sure how the rights and everything work but this seems like a great show to release on a blu ray.  Outside of like one review it seems like mostly everything was mostly positive.  Proud of the band for stepping onto one of the biggest stages and showing why they are one of the biggest rock bands going.  Nice to hear the band live in good quality instead of someone's shitty cell phone recording too.

Fuck all the haters.

It would need to be remixed and edited to bring Axls voice right up front before it could be released as a blu-ray.... but the biggest hurdle to that is that this was boradcast live, everybody already has it so nobody is going out to buy this besides completists. 

I think there's a better show for a blue ray, but if they ever get around to releasing a live best of from the current line up, then there's a performance or tow here that wouldn't be completely out of place.

The crowd singing SCOM was electrifying, have to say and even Axl sounded better than normal.

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

See the BBC review saying the bands set had too much obscure music in it. Including Slither in that line up. I guess for a Glastonbury set, it is a little front loaded with less "greatest hits" stuff. I think it probably would have been a good idea to go into Jungle second and leave Bad obsession to the middle of the set, if at all. GNR just do not give a fuck🤣 "this is our set, like or lump it!" They don't mind the crowd dwindling. They probably should have brought out some of the fireworks too, although again... it's kinda cool that they forego the easy pop from the pyro.

Just listening here. Jungle was not great you could barely hear him. But almost everything else so far is surprisingly decent. The mix is a little wonky too, Duff and Melissa do a lot of backing vocals and they can barely be heard. Same for the piano

Slash really cocked up the Estranged solo🤣 Axl sounded pretty great on the outro of Estranged.

Rocket Queen vocals... verses he was struggling, but he pulled the old Axl out of the bag for that outro

Reckless life, Patience, Knocking on heavens (it was actually enjoyable🤣) were the most consistent songs vocally of the night by a country mile. There were other songs in there that were decent too, and some that were on the not so great. What I did like was that there was fuck all down time, they were lorrying into songs, so the energy didn't drop to badly 6/10 

But they didn't, which means, to them it's just a gig like anyone else, maybe a little special, because it's televised, but other than that they did what the always do. Not give a fuck and play their set.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

But they didn't, which means, to them it's just a gig like anyone else, maybe a little special, because it's televised, but other than that they did what the always do. Not give a fuck and play their set.

Are you still ranting on about this?🤣 

Listen to the broadcast. Axl is absolutely beaming that they are playing Glastonbury. He thought it was a big deal. You don't have to though😄

Just now, GoForJMark said:

Wow Paradise City whistle was on time. 

I know I almost spit out my drink😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Great quote from presenters saying they knew someone who was a 'massive' GNR fan who played them a song they'd never heard called Estranged and they were all shocked they'd played it tonight. 

Fucking hell. It's on the bloody Greatest Hits and they've played it every night for decades! 

'Massive fan'. Sure. 

Estranged is not on the greatest hits album…

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:
Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

I literally googled “guns n’ roses” 5min ago and this was the first article that popped up under “news”. I haven’t heard a second of tonight’s show and it’s from the Independent but… damn. This review is BRUTAL. 

Edited by IzzysMissy
SpellingSpaz
  • Like 1

I can see why casuals don’t dig his voice. It isn’t what it used to be. He’s 60 and singing very demanding music. 2016 was an (awesome) Indian summer. I’m glad he seems to have found some more use of his lower register and that he can still nail some screams and higher parts. We’re all used to his current voice so we can tell when he tries more. Works for me

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 4