Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

32 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Probably means nothing, but all leaked versions of the Perhaps 2000 demo have been scrubbed from YouTube. Up until yesterday there were still at least two versions up.

Intentional, because there is a lot of leaks on YouTube, except Perhaps.

• Wow 1

8 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

As someone that has worked in marketing and promotion on the radio side over the years: everything is internal until you want it to be released. It’s marketing 101.

Someone authorized that link fire page to go live. That was NOT an accident. 

Accidents do happen though. Every news organization has obituaries written up for celebrities. The company that I work for  is very strict regarding data and news. One of  the news reporters had written an obituary for Steve Jobs while he was alive. The reporter accidentally published it and it hit all the websites. Apple's stock went down. My company had to issue a retraction and apology for it. There are safeguards in place, but things can  happen.  

• Like 1

This reminds me of 2006, when it was announced that “Better” would be featured in the new Harley Davidson commercial/campaign and then it was released for like a day before it was yanked because it was an “unapproved demo”. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Is there any chance that the August 11th is just when the presave and little promo was/will go live? If it's the 18th, theres gotta be a few days before it releases or what's the point in a friggen presave...so maybe at least we find out it's the 18th today...

Anything can happen. Nothing was officially promoted or announced by the band.

I’m very shoc….. no wait I’m not actually. I was initially happy that a new song was being released but didn’t get my hopes up and said if it’s there it’s there and seems like I might have been right  to have lowered my expectations. It’s a shame that I am I’m sure others have to do this, but again this shouldn’t be very hard in 2023 to organise this stuff, but most band aren’t as badly run from a business stand point as GNR and I hate saying that. 

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Is there any chance that the August 11th is just when the presave and little promo was/will go live? If it's the 18th, theres gotta be a few days before it releases or what's the point in a friggen presave...so maybe at least we find out it's the 18th today...

You would hope that the song being delayed means there's something worthwhile happening. I think the minimum that that could be would be a performance video of the song and some interviews... But if the Interviews were planned for the day like Howard Stern or whoever, then the announcement would probably be made by now. There's that or they actually have physical copies this time that they want to release at the same rime and they were delayed slightly.

I cannot think of a reason why they need to wait an extra week besides the above though... 

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Slash should leave the band

Why? This has been discussed to death. He has his own band for creative output. GnR as creative band ended back in the 90s for him. He gets paid very lucratively for touring with GnR. There is no reason he should or would want to leave. 

10 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why? This has been discussed to death. He has his own band for creative output. GnR as creative band ended back in the 90s for him. He gets paid very lucratively for touring with GnR. There is no reason he should or would want to leave. 

Exactly. You would have to be insane to leave that situation. It’s a license to print money

Last GNR songs came out midnight here in Aus. Time passed, I went "Meh" and went to bed. Why get upset about a new version of something we've heard that wasn't promised not being released. Just pretend it's before the internet when we didn't hear leaks or know release dates until they were formally announced. Or is my age demographic shrinking faster than I thought 🤔

It won't come out at midnight EST. It doesn't add up with the pre-save campaign plan.

But it will come out and I believe it will be next week. Everything points to that, the linkfire link still redirecting to the website, videos of Perhaps still being pulled etc.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, Tom2112 said:

Yeah but we're talking hundreds of people knowing vs millions of people being aware of the Chinese stuff. When November rain came out, the media wasn't "shelved AFD song reworked for UYI". It already is that way for Perhaps

It was definitely known in the media pre album release that the Illusions albums would have some Appetite era material on it. Axl I believe said it to the media, he made a remark about Nov Rain saying something like “it wasn’t ready” for Appetite, I think he also mentioned YCBM & Don’t Cry in that interview also. Don’t forget TV & Music print media reached millions of people back in the days the same as websites do now. (It just took wayyyy fucking longer to get info) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It won't come out at midnight EST. It doesn't add up with the pre-save campaign plan.

But it will come out and I believe it will be next week. Everything points to that, the linkfire link still redirecting to the website, videos of Perhaps still being pulled etc.

The least they could do is officially announce at Midnight that the song will be released next Friday. Would be good promo and also they wouldn’t be leaving their diehard fans twisting in the wind for once. Unlikely, I know. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

It was definitely known in the media pre album release that the Illusions albums would have some Appetite era material on it. Axl I believe said it to the media, he made a remark about Nov Rain saying something like “it wasn’t ready” for Appetite, I think he also mentioned YCBM & Don’t Cry in that interview also. Don’t forget TV & Music print media reached millions of people back in the days the same as websites do now. (It just took wayyyy fucking longer to get info) 

Also the information didn't get to every corner in the world like it does now. And although many people read music magazines back then, it can't be compared with the number of people websites reach.

I think I had heard about November Rain and that Axl interview (although not the details, e.g. that it was piano driven), but not about Don't Cry or YCBM.