anybody else pissed off by Izzy?

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't like the cornrows at all, but balding was not the reason he chose to wear them. He would have just worn a wig.

How did a (rather pointless) thread about Izzy turn out to be about Axl's hair? Only on mygnrforum :lol:

Yes, he wore the fake hair in an attempt to look cool. Which is odd because apparently only buttrock dudes like Slash and Izzy do that.  Axl just naturally evolves 🤔 

23 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

The dude is wearing a rug on his f’ing head. That isn’t his real hairline. I just wish for you that he could’ve evolved naturally and not kept trying to be cool. It’s so boring.

9A28F004-4D93-49EC-942B-4C51D9AFC185.jpeg.f6b8a88301c8f2c3c24047f085bf92c5.jpeg

You're so bothered by what I said and it shows. Making multiple comments crying that I called Axl "cool". Deal with it man, somebody has a different opinion than you.

Edited by meadsoap

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

But weird that he appeared many times on stage with Nu-GNR but has never got on stage once since Duff and Slash got back with the Mac Daddy! Does he have beef with either of those two? Or just regarding how much De Niro?

NuGuns was a long time ago though. Anyway, he allegedly soundchecked with them, so it's doubtful.

More likely to just be a case of Izzy being Izzy

On 8/25/2023 at 11:57 AM, whatashame said:

now this might come as a shock to people, and to be honest, me included, but the last couple of years I can't stop thinking about how Izzy pisses me off.

Yeah, a sacrilege, and nothing you'd like to read about, but I've been binge-reading about GNR and any book, interview, article or publication you pick up, it's always "Izzy was cool and easy going, a real rocker, and couldn't stand Axl being late, listening to Elton John and being a prima donna".

Well, here's a news flash

Axl played a gazillion shows more than Izzy ever, probably in the last 5 years alone. On time and no cancellations.

Izzy is sitting at home making fun of Axl sitting at home 96-06 in the press.

Axl did a tour with AC/DC, Izzy, a rocker at heart hasn't done shit in 20 odd years, other than a single cameo with Aerosmith for Mama Kin in 2012 or 2014.

And my number one, Izzy makes fun of Axl for being easily offended and throwing tantrums, while it's Izzy who emerges from shadows when other GNR members make an effort do something cool, rides a coattail for a song or two, puts everybody's hopes up and then just leaves.

I'd say Izzy has disappointed way more than Axl.

This is easily the dumbest post I’ve read on this board, and I’ve been around long enough to remember that Volcano fool :jerkoff:

Edited by DTV88
  • Like 1

Axl wore cornrows because of all the shitty nu metal bands he loved at the time like Korn and Limp Bizkit. Hip Hop was the #1 genre at the time, this was the era of Slim Shady. He thought the corn rows would modernize him and make him hip. This is in line with the post-93 period. The fixation on following trends. It was a tragic mistake. He actually looked really cool (mostly) at the House of Blues and Rio in 2001.

As for Izzy, I am starting to agree with the people who said this band is very fan-unfriendly and that goes for Izzy as well. I used to think it was just Axl who was that way but I think it's the whole band really. They see the fanbase as just an ATM and a means to an end. I'm sure Izzy wanted to show solidarity with Axl by not showing up for the rock n roll Hall of Fame, but he should have been there for the fans. Throw the long suffering GnR fans a few scraps man. Yes, ofcourse he left with his integrity intact - he was associated with the best era of GnR and left before it became uncool. That said, it does seem that all of these guys are exceptionally greedy and do not understand the meaning of fan service.

• Confused 1

Izzy left 32 years ago. Why be pissed? Of course it'd be nice he appeared at some shows but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

Remember when he was jamming with Slash, Duff n Matt before it evolved into Velvet Revolver. As soon as he knew it was about to become a huge band like Guns he bolted. He'd rather ride his dirt bikes, live the quiet life and collect his royalties. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yes, he wore the fake hair in an attempt to look cool. Which is odd because apparently only buttrock dudes like Slash and Izzy do that.  Axl just naturally evolves 🤔 

Axl has made a few bold or strange fashion choices, some of which I thought were bad. But ultimately, just like with Izzy or anyone else doing what he thought best with his life, I don't have a problem with what Axl chooses to wear or how he has decided to deal with hair loss - Steven wears a wig, Slash wears a hat, Axl does what he does.

2 hours ago, lost un the jungle said:

I remember reading in this forum that in 2001 he was wearing a wig!! is that true? It seems because his hairline changed from 1993, thicker hair, etc. 

Yeah, there's been a lot of speculation about that. Fans on forums have spent a lot of time speculating about Axl's hair and appearance in general.

Edited by Blackstar

53 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Axl wore cornrows because of all the shitty nu metal bands he loved at the time like Korn and Limp Bizkit. Hip Hop was the #1 genre at the time, this was the era of Slim Shady. He thought the corn rows would modernize him and make him hip. This is in line with the post-93 period. The fixation on following trends. It was a tragic mistake. He actually looked really cool (mostly) at the House of Blues and Rio in 2001.

Or maybe he just liked them. He kept them for 5 full years, long after they stopped being a trend.  He got plenty of shit for it, so I'm sure he knew people didn't like them. He didn't care, and he was right not to care. The people who still grumble about what Axl did with his own hair on his own head are the real tragedy.:facepalm:.  Like get a life please, it would be healthier for everyone.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

Nah. I got enough of my own shit to deal with to be bothered about what someone else is or isn't doing. 

I do think its a shame though that he didn't put himself out there more. He is definitely talented enough and good songwriter that he could have had a very respectable solo career if he cared to. But he basically retired as a touring musician like 25 years ago and decided to release stuff lowkey and wash his hands of it. It is, what it is. 

• Like 1

About people saying that Guns N'Roses are very Fan unfriendly, I have seen only TWO incidences where Axl was unfriendly to Fans, one incident being much worse than the other. Incident one, Axl was in an Airport getting ready for a flight to go to a show and he was being hounded for Autographs and Selfies and he had a look of,"I'm being hounded by my fans! Help! "😱😳 Those emojis express his face in that video succinctly.

Incident two, Axl was CLEARLY in a rush to get somewhere and he had Fans hounding him for Autographs and Selfies when he once again was CLEARLY in a rush to get somewhere. He cussed the Fans out and ran away! 🤣 The other thing about Axl is while he's happy to do Selfies, he usually looks unhappy( jaded, pissed, shocked, sad, or scared. )It's rare to see a Fan Selfie where Axl is SMILING, although there is a fan VIDEO where a Fan did an impromptu meet and greet backstage where Axl is smiling but implied he has no idea what the hell the Fan was doing backstage so late. Luckily he was in a good mood because this impromptu meet and greet could have went REALLY badly. He even hugged her. 😀 He apologized for her being a fan of his since she was 9, LMAO! 🤣 

Steven has some happy looking selfies with Fans. I haven't seen too many selfies with Slash and Izzy, and I've never seen any selfies with Melissa, Frank, Richard, Dizzy, Matt, Buckethead, Robin, etc. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 4:38 PM, allwaystired said:

No. That will be why I said 'presumably'. 

ok, I ll tell you a secret.

Last time anyone has heard of Iz was the time he complained because he wanted BACK in HIS band, that playes songs he co wrote, but that wasn't the way the loot spreaders wanted to spread the loot.

That to me sounds like he would be much happier back on stage with GNR moniker, earning a $ million per show.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

ok, I ll tell you a secret.

Last time anyone has heard of Iz was the time he complained because he wanted BACK in HIS band, that playes songs he co wrote, but that wasn't the way the loot spreaders wanted to spread the loot.

That to me sounds like he would be much happier back on stage with GNR moniker, earning a $ million per show.

Great. 

Glad we now know Izzy isn't happy with his life. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

There we all were thinking him removing himself from the public eye and living a private life might have been through his own choice and desires. 

How wrong we all clearly are! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

he complained because he wanted BACK in HIS band

Where did he say this? He didn't. All he said was "they didn't want to split the loot equally".

That's not him clamouring for a return, it's him receiving an offer, not liking it, and then getting on with his life.

If he was desperate for a return, he'd either actually open up a dialogue and negotiate, or take the offer on the table.

It's a huge reach to get "he complained because he wanted back in" from his short, throwaway statement about money...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I can't believe I'm sitting in my kitchen reading an argument between two adults over the finer points of cornrows and whether they are an effective way to cover up balding....

How did my life come to this?

It could be worse. I started a thread cussing out Evian Critics for saying that Evian water tasted like water that was wrung out from a dirty sock. Evian water is one of my favorite water ever, so I was livid and said the Critics should run full force right into the nearest wall for writing that scathing review about Evian water. 🤣 That thread was a popular thread going to like SIX pages and Posters were like,"I can't believe a thread about Evian water reached SIX pages. What in the world? " 🤣

• Haha 3