11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

I think the live version of the General was pretty good, must have been magical to experience live. 

They have soundchecked it once and played it flawlessly and Axl sounded good enough here, Monsters will be tougher challenge especially on the bridge. I guess the verses and chorus might actually be easier than the General, but cant see how he could do the bridge there,,,,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Look for it during the next dozen times you watch the clips. 

Fine. Spend it on things that inevitably disappoint you lol. Seems healthy. Logical too. 

I also agreed with how the sound gets better as the show goes on, it's not that I don't enjoy it, because I always will, it just should be better and can be with more preparation.

Again, stop berating me for having a perfectly valid opinion verging on fact, and less of the dick riding

Edited by kanecrescente

48 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Gasps? They take 2024 off and tour in 2025 and they’ll still fill venues around the world no matter what. It’s so strange to be on a message board for fans of a band, and witness some of these angry posters predicting and/or wishing doom and gloom. You should really find something you DO enjoy to follow. It would drastically improve your daily attitude and quality of life.

Take your chill pills dude. Get help.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don’t think he needs to pack it in lol. I just think he needs to change things up. Song lower instead of the weak falsetto all the time. Go down a half step on some songs. That kind of thing. 

Robert Plant was younger than Axl at the last Led Zeppelin concert and they down tuned some songs. It’s totally fine

Yup, play shorter sets with songs that are easier to sing (PTU, Bad Obsession, The Garden, Down on the Farm, etc.), and don't play two nights in a row. After London 2022 I was sure it was gonna be a struggle at these two Hollywood Bowl shows. Even Seattle to Vancouver was tough with one night rest in between (but Axl was clearly already sick at the Seattle gig, blowing his nose, etc.). Doing 3+ hour shows from June to November is tough going at any age.

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

What’s the point of lying when there’s literally video evidence of slash jumping up and down during the song? Is that “static” to you? 

Not only that, he was fucking jamming by the third chorus!

Great performance from Axl, you can feel it really means a lot to him!

Loving the song more and more, can't wait for them to play Monsters live

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don’t think he needs to pack it in lol. I just think he needs to change things up. Song lower instead of the weak falsetto all the time. Go down a half step on some songs. That kind of thing. 

Robert Plant was younger than Axl at the last Led Zeppelin concert and they down tuned some songs. It’s totally fine

He needs to relearn how to sing the songs instead of dialing them in with falsetto mickey.

Also would probably be better for his voice doing a 1.5 or 2 hr tight set and less shows per week.

I think the band knocked it out of the park this tour. Switched up the setlist, three new songs (one of which being the fucking General), and a music video. In GNR land you cant ask for much more. Great year for Guns. I hope they keep it going.

Oh and fuck me, they sounded good on The General. Axl went for it. 

Edited by MJRoses23
  • Like 2

One of the takeaways here is just how much the crowd seemed to have enjoyed it. Surely the smaller venue helps amplify the effects of the crowd reaction, but it seems The General was very well received following the performance. Hopefully it encourages the band to continue playing it and upload it to streaming sites.