Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I agree, it's a very strange choice for lead single. Frankly, I think most artists are pretty bad at choosing singles.

It appears to be being very well received from what I have seen

• Like 1

I like it more each time I listen to it, the lead single is rarely the best song on an album but this is a nice cover. This has the potential to be Slash's best album in a couple decades...

I'm looking forward to seeing what this Bluz Band lineup plays on tour, hopefully they play near Vancouver.

• Like 1

I like this single a lot. A classic blues song that is a solid pick. And the music video with Steven Tyler popping up in the middle without being listed is awesome. Kinda wish I hadn't seen from an article he was on the track, would have made the video more of a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Watching that video I see this become grammy winning at least Performance wise

The video must really do it for you, you went from "I don't like this one", "Brian sounds annoying" to "I see this winning a Grammy" within 24 hours lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do not feel this song. Words are kind of forth grader homework. Like AI generated blues lyrics. Also I have issue with voice of Brian. Its sounds more like friends jamming and this is exactly how I will approach it. 

46 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The video must really do it for you, you went from "I don't like this one", "Brian sounds annoying" to "I see this winning a Grammy" within 24 hours lol

You will see :slash:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

I like the vibe of this! And love Steven Tyler's "yeeaah" screams in the middle of the harmonica. Why can't GNR make simple yet enjoyable music videos like this...?

Because Axl.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

I like the vibe of this! And love Steven Tyler's "yeeaah" screams in the middle of the harmonica. Why can't GNR make simple yet enjoyable music videos like this...?

Daddy don't?

• Haha 1

I really like it, it’s a fun listen with some nice guitar work and I like the vocals from Brian. Not a fan of the album title “orgy of the damned”, it sounds like something from a really bad metal band

• Like 2

19 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I guess you're right it would be cool if he was the full time harmonica player for the album, from the press release we know the Iggy Pop song also has some on it. Still kind of a bummer, maybe this was recorded when his voice was still injured since last fall so he couldn't do it

Wasn't this album announced before then? I suspect it was mostly done before the GNR June '23 tour...

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I can't help thinking that if Brian Johnson could sing this song in his lower register and sound this good, Axl could do that, too.

Exactly. I'm sorry but I don't believe it. If Tyler's in it and his name wasn't mentioned I'll keep dreaming Axl will be too.

For years I've thought it would be so cool if they had some sort of project like this together. I don't know why but I just love Wichita Lineman and it opened my eyes for what else he could sing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Wasn't this album announced before then? I suspect it was mostly done before the GNR June '23 tour...

The Steven question was answered with that video interview Blackstar posted, Steven was only in the studio randomly and not invited as a guest singer, he just wanted in on the song once he heard it, he was never planned to be on anything.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Great tune with Brian. Totally awesome to see two members of my favourite Bands working together.

It's funny and strange after seeing Axl and Angus, we get the opposite crossover universe of Brian with Slash

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2