Axl has his own Website now

On 5/5/2024 at 4:02 PM, allwaystired said:

Yep that's the one. I thought there was another incident too, but absolutely can't remember when/where. 

This was definitely the one I meant though. It's either 'wife' or 'life', and the latter doesn't make much sense.....strange. 

I think you mean the LA airport video where Axl attacks the photographer

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl solo album seems ridiculous to even type out, but the chance is not 0% anymore like I always thought before. Maybe not a full album, but just a song or something seems likely, I mean what else would he upload on there that wouldn't fit on the GNR youtube channel?

It's about time he finally goes the Buckethead route - releasing full albums that are 2-8 tracks each, all instrumental. :devilshades:

• ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

IF (and that's a huge IF) he will release some music, it would still be possible to be just an instrumental piece. 

What I find weird is how most of this was created some months ago, and nothing really happened. 

Did you try to find anything that could hint at something on credits and publishing data bases like ASCAP?

Very Axl style, always mysterious.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2024 at 6:54 PM, Karice said:

I don't get it. Justin and John look NOTHING alike. 😵‍💫 I could have understood if the picture was of Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20 and you said you thought he looks like John Mayer, but not Justin and John Mayer. 

Not normally, but he looks quite gaunt there, and the hair and headband are Mayer's style.

celebrities-wearing-gnr-t-shirts-v0-1iez1e0faf08cf3c7b16c06eeffb7401eef2.jpg

• Confused 1

On 5/8/2024 at 5:46 AM, evilfacelessturtle said:

At what part in the show?

... Jesus Christ, man.

*intended*

I love when the people who yell "Speak English!" make elementary grammatical errors.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:04 AM, Rovim said:

your language skills as a British guy with English as his first language are not exactly good enough to criticize others are they?

I think your original post highlighted the critic more instead of actually focusing on the reason it happened which was, as I said, to comfort Axl.

haha, touche. fair enough, clearly i meant 'intended' but as an english native with a journalism degree and a job in creative writing, i should have noticed the error. 

But nonetheless, Axl was not being comforted by Tommy, he was being insulted and ridiculed publicly. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Draguns said:

Wtf is this comment about????  You are implying that having autism is such a bad thing. Autism and other types of disabilities are not a bad thing. I have a physical disability.  I am more successful and productive than most people. 

You come on here every single day and whine about something. Rather than whine  and be miserable, how about enjoying life? Maybe then you won't come on here every day moaning about something. 

10 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

My oldest son has autism. It's not something people suffer. A lot of people who are autistic are actually very intelligent. As are most people with disabilities when supported. What the fuck is it with people who imply someone's autistic or have some other form of disability like it's an insult?

Actually, I was giving him an excuse for his misunderstanding, as autistic people I know do not understand sarcasm or changes in tone of voice and take things literally as said, rather than the intent behind them. 

Your misunderstanding of that is rather ironic. 

And please do not lecture me on physical or mental disabilities, I assure you I have a lot more first hand experience of them both than 99.999% of the people on earth. And do not conflate the use of something like autism as being an insult, or a comparison to people with physical disabilities. that is insulting. and with such experiences in the real world, I have plenty to come here and moan about and will continue to exercise that right. I will also not let people here with no experience let axl hide behind supposed conditions he may or may not suffer from as a reason for his lack of creative output. 

To confuse the use of autism as an insult shows your own negative bias towards the word, because as you say autistic people can and often are incredibly intelligent. It can then also mean that they can confuse things in the context tommy was using. A simple 'English isn't my first language, so no i didn't get that' or 'I am autistic therefore i didnt pick up on that' will suffice next time. The same way that is something was said in russian I would not expect myself to be able to grasp the meaning and tone behind words.

But please continue fighting battles over two of your own misinterpretations. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

haha, touche. fair enough, clearly i meant 'intended' but as an english native with a journalism degree and a job in creative writing, i should have noticed the error. 

But nonetheless, Axl was not being comforted by Tommy, he was being insulted and ridiculed publicly. 

that's bullshit, you just can't read what was really happening there. it's honestly obvious by Tommy's tone of voice that there was no ridicule, critic, or insults and why would he do that when just before that, like another poster mentioned previously, Tommy said he was enjoying himself before saying that Axl didn't sing for a year.

instead of trying to see what you want to see maybe try and pay more attention.

• Like 2

coming out of my cave. So he now has a web site, youtube channel, tiktok channel, twitter account and an instagram! Curious to see why.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, riot said:

coming out of my cave. So he now has a web site, youtube channel, tiktok channel, twitter account and an instagram! Curious to see why.

Maybe Axl has good things up his sleeve coming like a new album coming out or a book. Like other Posters have surmised. 😀

24 minutes ago, riot said:

... not that he uses any of these things... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

At what point in the show was this?

The website itself is at least better looking than the official GNR one

I'd say it's definitely merch, also from a PR standpoint it was weird for a guy with that following to have absolutely no online presence aside from a stupid Twitter account, two 8-year-old reunion interviews, and a couple of 15-year-old comments on a fan forum, now he has an official communication channel which he can also capitalize from, nothing wrong with that, so I say it's merchandising + somewhere to post relevant stuff aside from Twitter

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, riot said:

For the next solo album! :lol:

Or just he have another manegement??? Haaaa

Edited by axlvai

27 minutes ago, axlvai said:

For the next solo album! :lol:

Or just he have another manegement??? Haaaa

I could see Fernando being fired over the Kat Benzova fiasco, but maybe not since the Kat Benzova thing went nowhere fast. 🤔

9 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

The website itself is at least better looking than the official GNR one

I'd say it's definitely merch, also from a PR standpoint it was weird for a guy with that following to have absolutely no online presence aside from a stupid Twitter account, two 8-year-old reunion interviews, and a couple of 15-year-old comments on a fan forum, now he has an official communication channel which he can also capitalize from, nothing wrong with that, so I say it's merchandising + somewhere to post relevant stuff aside from Twitter

Im going with the PR firm theory. The fact that this site comes out during the sexual assault lawsuit makes me think it’s to capture Google searches. 

• Like 2