Slash - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Again, cool video! 

I really like that the fucking top hat seems to be completely absent for the blues thing XD

Hopefully he leaves it at home for the tour. But he won't lol. The footage from the videos are from the studio where he never wears it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Again, cool video! 

I really like that the fucking top hat seems to be completely absent for the blues thing XD

He's wearing that for the afterparty video lol

21 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

really cool video. The screen being spilt in to 3 reminds me of like an intro to one of those old 70's cop shows

Yeah, some blackexploitation movies too. Cool shit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Best thing slash has done since world on fire. Wouldn't be disappointed if he just stuck to this sort of thing for the remainder of his career. 

That would be very smart, actually.

I don't think there's another guitar player around that could do these "all star singers" thing as a permanent thing. Slash is regarded as a guitar god at this point and absolutely EVERYBODY in the music industry seems to love and respect him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'll listen to it later.

I am getting fed up with both Slash & Duff turning into snowflakes in their older years, though.

Go ahead, tear me apart.:lol:

It's normal? Usually people don't stay the same person they were in their 20s when they're in their late 50s. You in your 20s is just one version of you.

Also yea, what does this have to do with anything? lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

Slash is cool as fuck in the video.  Music good, video good but I wasn't feeling it from the singer.  Good singer but the emotions weren't coming across strong enough.  The lyrics originally conveyed shock, shame, longing, questioning the truth and it came across as accusatory and if you're going to accuse somebody in a song, get pissed off, really pissed off.  Feel what you're singing about.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 3:05 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's normal? Usually people don't stay the same person they were in their 20s when they're in their late 50s. You in your 20s is just one version of you.

Also yea, what does this have to do with anything? lol

Absolutely, everyone changes with age.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Well the "S.E.R.P.E.N.T" acronym is a bit meh .  Some of the organizations he is raising money for are suspect. Like the one that was founded by Colin Kaepernick in my opinion. He isn't driving it down anyone's throats though and I have my doubts about how much Slash was really behind all that anyway.  He really hasn't mentioned it at all and describes the festival as a nod to Blues music.  I always admired Slash keeping things about the music. I think the most political thing he has ever done was his save the elephants crusade lol. 

What is wrong with Kaepernick’s organization?

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If people talked more about their mental health we'd be a better society.

No one is ever 'targeted' for being happy, content and not depressed. 

Utterly ridiculous, as is the idea of them being 'snowflakes', or that Slash's adult and doubtless sincere thoughts on topics impact on an album of blues covers. 

This, exactly this. 

• Like 2