LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Posted (edited)

Same discussion for almost 30 years now!

The band never needed a new single to launch a tour or to be considered the greatest band in the world.

People are still trying to read or to find hidden messages in everything that they post.

People are just hoping for the future and forgetting to enjoy the present.

We already have 20 leaked CDs full of "new" music, why the band should care about releasing anything?

Edited by Legendador
  • Sad 1

Can we not just continue to discuss the toilet picture? It is infinitely the most interesting news about this band in twenty years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Same discussion for almost 30 years now!

The band never needed a new single to launch a tour or to be considered the greatest band in the world.

People are still trying to read or to find hidden messages in everything that they post.

People are just hoping for the future and forgetting to enjoy the present.

We already have 20 leaked CDs full of "new" music, why the band should care about releasing anything?

20 discs worth of Buckethead instrumentals and a few rough take Axl vocals? Oh, haven't we been spoilt!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Well nice timing regarding that recent bombing

I'm sure the fire in Australia would be the better choice there.

Edited by Tom2112

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is one of the many reasons I stopped following anything to do with GNR on social media. 

Whomever made that post knows its worded that way and they're just being an asshole, IMO. 

They really are one of the worst bands for meaningless posts, I unfollowed them or stopped them from my news feed a long time ago. Blocking your favourite band on social media... pretty sure GNRs marketing / management team is not going fo that :P so that's a clear fail :D 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Can we not just continue to discuss the toilet picture? It is infinitely the most interesting news about this band in twenty years.

Slash has the best toilet position, because when everyone's shitting at the same time, he's automatically the center of attention. Maybe they have some sort of rotation in place:question:

5 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Slash has the best toilet position, because when everyone's shitting at the same time, he's automatically the center of attention. Maybe they have some sort of rotation in place:question:

What I noticed is that Duff needs to mediate between Axl and Slash even while they drop deuce.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, soon said:

What I noticed is that Duff needs to mediate between Axl and Slash even while they drop deuce.

This made me giggle!

Wouldn't there already ne any huge,  cryptic billboard poster,  all around the globe? 😄

Website logo removal is interesting. Text reminds me of CD era but looks placeholder. Ill still not get my hopes up for new music as such, but it points further in the "whole new show" direction for the tour. Maybe a style revamp?

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Website logo removal is interesting. Text reminds me of CD era but looks placeholder. Ill still not get my hopes up for new music as such, but it points further in the "whole new show" direction for the tour. Maybe a style revamp?

What do you mean? I still see the same logo on the website.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:43 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Imagine being a shitty manager and having everything handed to you in life because your mother was a rich person's housekeeper.

Do you really think Axl would have hired a manager that he didn't believe in? I doubt Axl would put his career and the bands' career in someone who wasn't capable of doing his job.

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

love the sarcasm here!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Remember that terrorist attack on that nightclub in Orlando, Florida? GNR had a scheduled post the day after about the band 'unloading near you' or some such shit, which they pulled after an hour or so.

I'm not even surprised, GNR's capacity of managing a social network died in 2014. Any fanpage can do it 10 times better.

Posted (edited)
On 30/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Imagine being a shitty manager and having everything handed to you in life because your mother was a rich person's housekeeper.

Not sure what that has to do with anything interms of what Beta did in the past. But hey if you want to treat housekeepers with little respect or not wanting to appreciate a person who wants to do better in life, than that's up to you. I would suggest that's more of a reflection on you than Beta or her family. It might actually be the case, that Axl has people around him, who he believes has his best interests in mind not self-interest. I would also suggest that's why Niven,Goldstein, Mercuriadis, Azoff and McGhee were shown the door by Rose. 

I would suggest, when you have been mislead and taken advantage of, you surround yourself with the people you trust

Its the natural thing to do in life for any situation that involves trust issues. 

Of course, it might be possible, that the current band management in place, his kept the bad influences at arms length,  that has resulted in the much happier and content Axl Rose we now see on stage. That Axl Rose appearing and that time line seems to fit in, with when the current band management team took over from past managers shown the door. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything interms of what Beta did in the past. But hey if you want to treat housekeepers with little respect or not wanting to appreciate a person who wants to do better in life, than that's up to you. I would suggest that's more of a reflection on you than Beta or her family. It might actually be the case, that Axl has people around him, who he believes has his best interests in mind not self-interest. I would also suggest that's why Niven,Goldstein, Mercuriadis, Azoff and McGhee were shown the door by Rose. 

I would suggest, when you have been mislead and taken advantage of, you surround yourself with the people you trust

Its the natural thing to do in life for any situation that involves trust issues. 

Of course, it might be possible, that the current band management in place, his kept the bad influences at arms length,  that has resulted in the much happier and content Axl Rose we now see on stage. That Axl Rose appearing and that time line seems to fit in, with when the current band management team took over from past managers shown the door. 

Come on.

Beta was the housekeeper/nanny for Stephanie, and soon latched onto Axl. If it wasn't for her position, she would never have made it into Axl's inner circle, let alone become his manager, with her son later to follow. Fernando is lucky he popped out of Beta and not some other housekeeper. It's as simple as that. 

I don't disagree that Axl may be content with Team Brazil. In fact, i think it is clear that Beta was an emotional crutch for Axl during and after the band's collapse. However, this has no bearing on the fact that Team Brazil are shitty managers and have no community engagement skills. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Come on.

Beta was the housekeeper/nanny for Stephanie, and soon latched onto Axl. If it wasn't for her position, she would never have made it into Axl's inner circle, let alone become his manager, with her son later to follow. Fernando is lucky he popped out of Beta and not some other housekeeper. It's as simple as that. 

I don't disagree that Axl may be content with Team Brazil. In fact, i think it is clear that Beta was an emotional crutch for Axl during and after the band's collapse. However, this has no bearing on the fact that Team Brazil are shitty managers and have no community engagement skills. 

And Axl started out as a juvenile delinquent slumming on the streets of LA.  Experience counts and these folks have a lot of it.  They been in the business since the 90's.  Since Beta/Team Brazil took over management, Axl's on stage, on time and Slash and Duff have rejoined.  Big things all those other managers failed at.  One of them a pretty big Assoff in the business.  Just because they don't participate in online communities doesn't mean they are lacking in ability to make this band a success.  Obviously with the tour records they hold, they don't need  that area to support what the band is accomplishing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It is a real shame that TB's amazing influence hasn't resulted in GNR doing what most bands do, release music more than every 15 years

You know it is bad when you can say that Tool has given their fans more worthwhile stuff the past 15 years than you lol but it is true.   GNR are essentially a Kiss-type band now with merch over new and worthwhile content.  And that is what I give TB credit for

Edited by WhazUp

By the criteria of releasing tatty expensive merchandising and delivering-up comically inept public/media relationship silos, Team Brazil have been stupendously successful. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

1) Just because they have been associated with Axl since the '90's doesn't mean they were working in a business or management capacity since then. Team Brazil was instituted around 2011/2012, and Beta had some influential capacity prior to then.

2) Axl had issues before and after Team Brazil were instituted. It's not like they were immediate cures for Axl. In fact, Beta forced his hand by threatening to quit unless Axl stopped hiring third party managers. She says so herself.

3) Axl was the one who told Fernando he was going to contact Slash. It's not so hard to pick up a phone and hand it to Axl, is it? After all, that's what Fernando done prior to becoming manager - he was a personal assistant to Axl (another gig he just fell into by virtue of being the son of Beta). Guns N' Roses, since then, has been represented by three parties (Axl, Slash and Duff) with three different managers. They have at the very least overseen the touring, and will likely oversee a future album release too. While Team Brazil deserves some credit for negotiating a reunion, to give all credit to them is disingenuous. In fact, before the reunion, Guns N' Roses was playing entertainment centers at best and amphitheaters at worst. Axl was reportedly in some financial trouble as well. Does that really sound like fantastic management?

3) Team Brazil may be able to negotiate successful tours, but they are terrible marketers and promoters. A band needs both to survive. You say community engagement isn't important for what they are doing. I will say that is true for the reunion tour, but sooner or later, that steam will run out. They will require professional marketing and PR then. 

Excellent post.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

So Melissa has to use the same bog as Dizzy Reed?

What if Dizzy has the Guinness Shits?

What if Melissa has the sugar squirts?  I’m feeling more sorry for Dizzy actually.

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

1) Just because they have been associated with Axl since the '90's doesn't mean they were working in a business or management capacity since then. Team Brazil was instituted around 2011/2012, and Beta had some influential capacity prior to then.

2) Axl had issues before and after Team Brazil were instituted. It's not like they were immediate cures for Axl. In fact, Beta forced his hand by threatening to quit unless Axl stopped hiring third party managers. She says so herself.

3) Axl was the one who told Fernando he was going to contact Slash. It's not so hard to pick up a phone and hand it to Axl, is it? After all, that's what Fernando done prior to becoming manager - he was a personal assistant to Axl (another gig he just fell into by virtue of being the son of Beta). Guns N' Roses, since then, has been represented by three parties (Axl, Slash and Duff) with three different managers. They have at the very least overseen the touring, and will likely oversee a future album release too. While Team Brazil deserves some credit for negotiating a reunion, to give all credit to them is disingenuous. In fact, before the reunion, Guns N' Roses was playing entertainment centers at best and amphitheaters at worst. Axl was reportedly in some financial trouble as well. Does that really sound like fantastic management?

3) Team Brazil may be able to negotiate successful tours, but they are terrible marketers and promoters. A band needs both to survive. You say community engagement isn't important for what they are doing. I will say that is true for the reunion tour, but sooner or later, that steam will run out. They will require professional marketing and PR then. 

When they started there was a clear decline in gnr happening. Now, you can't blame that on them, at least not entirely! Axl had lost his voice in Rio... which was broadcast all around the world, then he lost it again at bridge school... broadcast all around the world. I mean, that's bad publicity! 

The upswing has been since 2016 and like you said, you can't downplay Slash and Duffs managements role in all of this. Tb are doing things, but judging by experience alone I'd say they are the face of the management team like a president is, and then there's the VP and other advisors... the ones that really run the show.

But... even with the best management if the artist refuses to do certain thi gs your hands are tied! Not suggesting tb are the best management😄