DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE Has Come Up With 'Some Magnificent Stuff' For New GUNS N' ROSES Album

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This would be  far, far more exciting and interesting than having Slash and Duff throw some generic riffs around Axl's melodies. Axl's material is what pushed the band (especially Slash) to their best - November Rain, Estranged.... I hope Slash adapts to something outside his comfort zone on at least a few songs.

Yea I’d agree with that. I just don’t want Axl to be like “hey I really would like if you play it like bumble did here” I want Slash to have full creative freedom to play it how he feels or thinks it should sound 

8 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I don't get it....why is cool and fun not know what to do next?

For fucks sake Duff...

Because that's how the boss operates so they have to say it's really cool when we all know that's NOT how Slash and Duff would do it if they were they were in charge, but they're not in charge so... 

Despite that I still believe the album quality will be better done Axl's way even if I'm a pensioner by the time it drops! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Old, new, I don't care, as long as there's a reworked and final version of "Crash Diet" (The best GNR track by the way), I'm up to anything!

As far as my knowledge goes (or as I understood) Crash Diet was never a GNR Track...or never meant to be used, just like "Sunny lovers day" n' "martyr of the 20th century".
Source :

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The last Van Halen album proved to me that I can love OLDnew lol

Yep, how you put it is more what I mean when I say "leftovers" 

Im perfectly fine with ADKOT approach to a GNR album. Take Axl's best songs, and some stuff from Duff and Slash, rework and rerecord all of it, and it could be a great record

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

An album of only CD-era tracks would be ideal. Save all the NITL ideas until there's enough for their own album, I don't really want 1 or 2 NITL tracks sprinkled in among 10-12 CD-era tracks.

Theres no way we will get 2 more GNR albums lol. This one is stretching it

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea I’d agree with that. I just don’t want Axl to be like “hey I really would like if you play it like bumble did here” I want Slash to have full creative freedom to play it how he feels or thinks it should sound 

You can bet that the second Axl did that, which he won't, Slash would probably be gone.

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think Slash will have full creative freedom. Look how he is changing solos for CD songs live. If Axl has nothing against it, I doubt he will have something againt it in studio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

And thats why Izzy, Adler, Sorum and Gilby won't get a chance. Axl is super afraid of a situation where he has to deal with a 'band' and different interests. it only worked like that til 93. since the ngnr is axl's property.

Aside from Izzy, Slash and Duff would be the hardest ones to keep under compete control. Them all getting along and seemingly being in the same page doesn't make them "yes men". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Theres no way we will get 2 more GNR albums lol. This one is stretching it

Fair enough lol. But, we know there's at least one finished album of material sitting in the vault - throw Slash and Duff on it and there's 1 new album without a ton of work. It's not impossible to think they'd keep 3-4 CD songs, work on some new songs and record a few covers for a final NITL record (AKA, not CD 2).

Edited by Gordon Comstock

27 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Duff can redo Tommy's vocals on Goin Down

Probably the best song i heard from them in the last 5 years

I wish, but I don't think that's one of the songs that will be reworked.

It was probably written by Tommy for his 2003 solo album and given the Guns treatment (Axl's backing vocals, Bucket & Bumble's guitars...) because Axl liked it.

I like it a lot, but I can't see it being used without Tommy. And I can't see Oh My God or Silkworms (or any other "too weird/industrial" tunes we don't know about) reworked either.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1