NITLT 8 New dates Announced

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Extortion is when you're being forced to do something.  Nobody is forcing you to see a GNR show. 

Yea, poor wording on my part, but it's more a case of: now the people who really want to see the show will have to pay high-roller ticket prices. It's blatant gouging.

$1k for a box set could be viewed as fuck you to the fanbase.

$750 VIP seats, the only means of sitting in the first seven rows, during the NITL tour could be seen as a fuck you to the fanbase. 

The fact that we're now on year three of a tour without any hint of new music could be considered a fuck you to the fanbase.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but just where do you want to draw the line here? 

For me it's in line of what this tour and band has been about for the last three years: maximizing income.  I don't doubt there aren't interpersonal and music reasons for it happening, but let's not kid ourselves: this is an operation to make money. 

I know it's about the money first and foremost but that's why the regular NITL tickets are understandable, both in regards to profit and dealing with scalpers. Shit I paid what was (at the time) one of the highest GNR ticket prices when they announced the Vegas 2016 shows, I got whatever the cheapest VIP package was that came with a pit ticket because I figured it'd still be a better deal than buying an aftermarket pit ticket. It wasn't $750 but still a lot of money. But these 'small venue in Vegas' prices take it to a new extreme for the band.

Tbh I'm not sure where I draw the line, I don't even think there's a line to draw because I don't really expect anything from the band at this point. I just want them to not out-do themselves in terms of fuck-ups. Pit tickets starting at $1000 is worse than the L&L box starting at $1000 - at least you can re-play the music in the L&L box. But both things come across as a 'fuck you'.

As they should be, since outside of the Troubadour and Apollo shows they haven't played smaller venues.  How much more expensive?  Well, I suppose that depends on the person.

Axl + Slash + Duff + Small Venue + Vegas (playground of the fuck you moneyed) = Insane Ticket Prices

Axl + a bunch of guys nobody has heard outside the fan forums = moderately priced tickets

I mean, they played an 8,000~ capacity venue in Japan with regular prices, which is basically the same as 2 nights at a 4,000 seat venue. But yea it's rare that they play to small crowds.

I feel like at this point, it's basically all about the novelty of saying 'I saw Axl [and Slash and Duff] in a small venue in Vegas' or just having something to do while you're in town, and that's where I think the current band is comparable to NuGNR. I still don't think the prices are reflective of the novelty, though.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Considering dio is looking at doing a hologram of ronnie dio for upcoming shows, that could eventuate once queen work out how to do this with freddie.

They've already taken the Dio hologram on the road. Touring with it now.

3 hours ago, Mysteron said:

There should be no criticism anywhere. Going with Russ' point. The tickets are for the people who see value in the prices. There are other venues, and other tickets for other people 

Ok, but what if the other venues are too far away and Vegas is the only reasonably close one? That's my situation. If I had the option to go to a different show I would do it.

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Look, for years artist would charge “fair” prices for their tickets and scalpers would sell them at inflated prices because that’s ultimately what the market will bear.  Artists have decided to be their own scalpers since they figure they should make the most money from their performances rather than an independent scalper.

It is what it is. 

Is it crazy for the average Joe like myself. Yep. Makes zero sense. But I don’t have fuck you money. It’s the same reason I don’t get too upset at not being able to afford to have GNR play my birthday party, when other people can and have.  

If the market will bear $2k seats in Vegas, then so be it. 

If not, well, be prepared to see some pretty hefty  price cutting closer to the date. 

We’ve seen this at many GNR concerts as well as last year’s Locked and Loaded Box set. 

Guns N’ Roses is a business first and foremost. This should be apparent to anyone paying attention the last twenty years. Not ideal for us fans, but as I said before, it is what it is. 

It's a band that had 3 albums worth listening to. And not one since 1991. But those are legendary. The gigs wouldn't sell any more or less if they made any new music.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

now the people who really want to see the show will have to pay high-roller ticket prices. It's blatant gouging.

Only for people in Vegas.  For anyone else there are other shows.  I'd love to see them, but not at that price.  I'm fine with that.

But these 'small venue in Vegas' prices take it to a new extreme for the band.

Yeah, they're next level pricing.  No argument there.  But what if they can sell out at those prices?  Plus, I have to think there will be discounting if they misjudged ticket demand, so I wouldn't say all hope is lost.

it's basically all about the novelty of saying 'I saw Axl [and Slash and Duff] in a small venue in Vegas' or just having something to do while you're in town

Bingo.  They're banking on enough people (well, 4000 per show in fact) to pay sky high prices for the caché.  With all the high rollers who play $5k a hand at blackjack, what's $1k for a ticket?  It sucks for everyone else, but this is the business of Guns N' Roses.  And it's been a business first and foremost for a very long time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

The gigs wouldn't sell any more or less if they made any new music.

Maybe not the shows in Vegas.  People paying $1k-$2k per ticket aren't interested in new material (unless they have another massive hit in them).  

But as a whole, new material would certainly bring out a lot more people who saw them in '16 and '17 and want to hear what a new Guns N' Roses album would sound like.  I don't have any doubts about that.  

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

It's a band that had 3 albums worth listening to. And not one since 1991. But those are legendary. The gigs wouldn't sell any more or less if they made any new music.

Just curious, wich UIY album is not worth listening to???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

With all the high rollers who play $5k a hand at blackjack, what's $1k for a ticket?

Must say, it is a great comparsion - people spend thousands in Vegas just for fun, why do they should be bothered by the price on one of the biggest show acts in the world? And it has nothing to do with band's intention to rob ordinary fans.It goes not like "well, our fans can pay whatever high price for the show, let's put it as high as possible" rather than "well, it seems there are many wealthy people around, they are eager to spend money, so let's put appropriate price for them". And once more, suppose band or even management doesn't fully aware of all this stuff. They get their payment for the show and the rest is sponsor's duties. So, basically it's not Fernando or Axl who says "let's put sky rocket price here and extremely low here". Well, not Rose for sure - he is too busy drinking beer.  

Edited by nikothebellic

Im surpised with the amount for vegas tickets it isnt a sit down dinner and drinks affair like some of the dinosaur bands are doing where they have dinner and ticket deals. You had a table close to the stage with dinner and drinks while watching the band.

Edited by Sydney Fan

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You know what memory of my own makes me the most mad when I think about how much concert pricing has changed? I saw Pink Floyd on The Division Bell Tour two nights in a row. I paid $35 (face value) for each night. I got seats right about the 50 yard line for the first night and 4th row center for the second night. Now, someone could say "Yeah, but that was 1994 and that's 25 years ago already!" but I disagree. Take a look at these examples. This is the show they put on every single night. It's WAY more of a production than GN'R is presenting now, yet Floyd was able to turn a massive profit on that tour at $35 a ticket:

It's different now. Yeah tickets are really overpriced but someone like GnR would literally never be able to survive with 35$. The whole production cost is astronomical these days. 

Muse Drones tour had tickets around 40-80€ and it was literally sold out in the whole europe and they only broke even in the end. Then they went on a festival tour with nothing except like guitars to actually make money :lol:

Around 100$ should be more than enough tho

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Maybe not the shows in Vegas.  People paying $1k-$2k per ticket aren't interested in new material (unless they have another massive hit in them).  

But as a whole, new material would certainly bring out a lot more people who saw them in '16 and '17 and want to hear what a new Guns N' Roses album would sound like.  I don't have any doubts about that.  

I generally disagree with this statement. The level of one’s disposable income isn’t going to indicate whether they love GNR or are rabid for new music.  I am sure there are plenty of GnR fans who bought the cheapest seats on NITL just to hear the hits and didn’t give a fuck about Coma or CD songs

Axl and co should either release new music or give this reunion shtick a break. Definitely tarnishing the name and brand of a tour that  was quite special for many of us

There are so many things I want but can't bring myself to pay for because I don't think the price matches its value to me. That is just how it is for me and you and everybody. Fortunately in this case, I can just buy tickets for any of the other shows instead and avoid the LV gigs. Problem solved. (In my case I won't attend any of the shows.)

But then this might not be enough for some. They especially want to attend the LV shows. Because they are more attractive. Smaller venue. Maybe something new or special to be played. More exclusive due to being, uhm, exclusive. Bragging rights from shelling out so much money. And you can bet everyone attending will praise the shows. So hiking the prices creates a market in itself. People want to be there. People want to be able to pay ridiculous amounts of money for something that is likely more or less an identical product as they could get for much less. 

Is this wrong? I don't think so. Someone has to cater to that particular market segment of concert goers with more money than sense. And as long as the band also provide shows with more moderately priced tickets I find it hard to criticise them.

I feel too bad for those in LV who won't afford the tickets and can't travel elsewhere, but then again that isn't really much different from fans living in cities where the band isn't playing and who can't or won't travel to see them elsewhere.

• Like 2

The fans seem split between those who are content and actually endorse neoliberal corporate practices and are happy to fall back on a ''tough luck/that is life'' argument, and those who can never be quite content with Reagan and Thatcher. All I know is, I'm glad I don't really go to rock concerts any longer - for reasons including but not exclusive to the pricing; I'm glad I saw all these big bands when they were all commies charging £15 per ticket  haha. I got ''my fill'' early on, including two ''biggies'' in The Stones and Aerosmith.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. Both are worth listening to, it's CD that's not worth listening to, hence the 'since 91'. Just think a bit.

Its about personal taste. CD is not to everybody's liking especially in the GNR fan world...you get the 'Its not Slash!' Not its Buckethead playing rings round him. I like CD, mostly because it sounds fresh to me and its not just meat & potatoes rock n roll. 

• Like 2