Jump to content
Gibbo

Matt Sorum's Autobiography

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

You don't know these people at all! Stop making assumptions and acting like you have them all figured out because you know as little as anyone else here.

Well that part is documented several times over. So it's not an assumption. We do our homework and we know our shit. Wtf is wrong with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LunsJail said:

I’d be interested to read that too. Slash denied the whole story at first but backtracked eventually. Scott and Matt bashed Axl in the press while sticking up for Slash. I would think they eventually realized the story was probably true. Maybe Matt didn’t want to highlight that Slash “hates” him.

Kudos to Matt for that because I have no doubt that Axl will read his book.

Matt could have singlehandedly brought down the reunion...

 

Edited by megaguns1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thats the same attitude hugh grant had when he was caught with that prostitute, and he was going out with liz hurley at that stage.

Im starting to think that all these models , actresses etc are hopeless in the sack and sometimes guys just want the girl next door so to speak.

Yeah didn't Denise Richards say she found a lot of dude videos Charlie had apparently?

Something must happen to these people when they can get whatever they want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, sofine11 said:

Next Fernando chat someone should ask him to confirm that it’s true Stephanie Seymour humped the whole band in 92.

I want to hear more details about the end of the relationship. I could practically quote what I know by heart 😂. I don't understand why he was so much more broken hearted over her than his Ex wife, who he dated for four years before they got married. It couldn't have just been able the kid.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Makes axl look like such a cuck. SS dates axl for 2 years, rubs matts balls tries to get with duff and axl is still writing love songs about her in the 00s. 

Wasn't he though? One of the songs in CD talked about no one telling him the truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, Drexl said:

It must suck donkey ass being Matt. Basically, nobody likes him, unless he's got some good dope. What a loser.

P.S. Axl, you really wanted to marry that whore? Damn...

My question is WHY did he want to marry her so badly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

I want to hear more details about the end of the relationship. I could practically quote what I know by heart 😂. I don't understand why he was so much more broken hearted over her than his Ex wife, who he dated for four years before they got married. It couldn't have just been able the kid.

Wasn't he though? One of the songs in CD talked about no one telling him the truth.

I'm glad he called out Fernando....that guy won the lottery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Kudos to Matt for that because I have no doubt that Axl will read his book.

Matt could have singlehandedly brought down the reunion...

Why could that (Matt writing about Slash's visit to Axl's house in 2005) have brought down the reunion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

My question is WHY did he want to marry her so badly?

Most of what has been said about this (apart from unnamed "friends" and "sources") is by Beta, so make what you will:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why could that (Matt writing about Slash's visit to Axl's house in 2005) have brought down the reunion?

Oh I meant Matt writing specifics about Slash talking shit about Axl in general and bringing undone their renewed friendship.

at this point I wish it was still the 02 lineup. Would have been more interesting 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Doug Goldstein also had his "moment" with Stephanie. :lol:

DOUG GOLDSTEIN: Their relationship was tumultuous. Axl loved that girl to death. I'd say Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship. The first time I met her, she opened the door naked. She goes, "No, you can come in." Sorry, gotta go.

"Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship"? Just let that one sink in.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rayno said:

Did he say that? Wow. I always thought Gilby is one of Slash's and especially Duff's best friends.

No they're not that close. Actually I think Matt and Gilby have gotten closer since the reunion.

About Axl and SS I can kind of relate to how he felt because I was involved with someone like that once. Toyed around with men etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go, found the groupie quotes:

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, Matt says in his book that he asked Slash to remove his parts from the record, and that he hated Eric Dover... Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Matt still in the video for Beggars & Hanger-Ons... With Eric?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amir said:

Here we go, found the groupie quotes:

:popcorn:

I thought Adler said Slashs dick was like an anaconda and only Steven Tylers was bigger and he got both hands around it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad he omitted the fact that Izzy returned to fill in for Gilby in 93 and the whole SFTD 94 session – could have been interesting too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Most of what has been said about this (apart from unnamed "friends" and "sources") is by Beta, so make what you will:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001]

Im surprised axl never saw this with how SS was with other men, or people who knew never took axl aside and told him. Then again im sure axl took advantage of many girls that frequented gardner st during AFD times. So some times karma comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sackxl said:

I thought Adler said Slashs dick was like an anaconda and only Steven Tylers was bigger and he got both hands around it 

Where is Axl8302 he is hilarious!  I find the folk who become offended at the sexual aspect of GnR really funny, I for one do find it interesting they are/were gorgeous guys...sex,drugs and rock & roll...

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im surprised axl never saw this with how SS was with other men, or people who knew never took axl aside and told him. Then again im sure axl took advantage of many girls that frequented gardner st during AFD times. So some times karma comes back.

Axl has spoke on a few occasions on how he likes to watch his partner have sex with other people so he can watch her orgasm...so maybe he did know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EricA said:

What has this thread turned into:rofl-lol:

Seems Matt hit the nail on the head with his bitchy stories. You're all a bunch of gossip girls:P

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Most of what has been said about this (apart from unnamed "friends" and "sources") is by Beta, so make what you will:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

To clarify: the part that Slash is not someone Gilby would expect loyalty from is my interpretation, not a paraphrase of what Gilby said. He did say that his relationship with Slash never felt like a brotherhood to him.

I don't think Gilby was ever too close friends with Duff, and at the time when Gilby was fired/quit they didn't have a relationship, because Duff was more on Axl's side about the Snakepit songs and it seems Gilby had words with him there. At one point their wives became friends, so they kind of reconnected.

Ok, fair enough. I remember many years ago Grace McKagan took over her father's blog in Seattle Weekly and sort of made a list of father's top 10 best friends. Andy Frontier was there, Jeff Rouse was No. 1 and Gilby was there too. As the only member of GNR. Doesn't mean much, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big takeaways from the book were  

1) didnt expect Axl to come off as good overall. 

2) Didnt expect any of the SLASH stuff, Matt really hammered home on him. I guess that quiet 'its cool man' persona has really suited him. I guess i just assumed with the VR stuff that Matt Slash & Duff were really tight, but it was really only Matt & Duff it seemed. Not a good look for our man Slash & the HOF stuff with matt was bullshit if true, he's just as much Gnr & Steven if not more. 

3) The Duff stuff really disappoints me, not standing up to have Matt the main drummer on NITL. Thats meant to be his guy, his brother, he was his groomsman & as Matt points out he has now lost them to the GnR machine & feels he cannot call on them, which is sad....Matt SHOULD be on the machine. He was my own personal favourite drummer of the band & i really wished he was on the NITL tour full time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

3) The Duff stuff really disappoints me, not standing up to have Matt the main drummer on NITL. Thats meant to be his guy, his brother, he was his groomsman & as Matt points out he has now lost them to the GnR machine & feels he cannot call on them, which is sad....Matt SHOULD be on the machine. He was my own personal favourite drummer of the band & i really wished he was on the NITL tour full time. 

And you really expect Axl would have rolled over on that one?? Push him too hard and you have nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing is, absolutely nobody comes off looking good here. 

Matt is an entitled little prick who wants to be validated all the time. 

Slash is a cunt who just goes where the money is. 

Duff is a backstabbing asshole in it for the money too. 

Axl is mad, which we already knew anyway. 

Lost to the GnR machine....that's an interesting take as well. The big bad GnR machine that just needs to roll on to make money and sell yoyo's.   

 

This further validates the whole GnR reunion as one big soulless cashgrab. It was already pretty damn easy to dislike them at this point. And still it got a lot easier after this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×