Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think it's Live Nation that has done most of the work there, and it's not because of TB that they've sold so many tickets.

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

I recall that episode. I have zero issues with TB, but he went super petty to be recognized in that moment. Like, come on dude, you and Del’s specialty is dealing with a talent as large as Axl, not managing a stadium tour. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

With all that's happening in the world... you guys can't selfishly expect anything! 

True, as fans of a band that's putting out albums every 2 or 3 years, we're very impatient and selfish.

And yes! COVID is the reason we don't hear anything new from the band. Otherwise in pre-covid time they used to spoil us with new material raining from all over the place.

On a serious note, Axl is musically impotent and Team Brazil is worst than COVID.
Team Brazil is a Parasite and nightmare for any professional musician who truely cares about his artistic career.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

True, as fans of a band that's putting out albums every 2 or 3 years, we're very impatient and selfish.

And yes! COVID is the reason we don't hear anything new from the band. Otherwise in pre-covid time they used to spoil us with new material raining from all over the place.

On a serious note, Axl is musically impotent and Team Brazil is worst than COVID.
Team Brazil is a Parasite and nightmare for any professional musician who truely cares about his artistic career.

It's not Covid, now it's the Capitol chapter! Shit is happening all the time, it's just us selfish GN'R fans who don't realize it! They gave us Saskatoon, HoB, the Village sessions... all carefully edited and mastered by TB. I mean, what more could we possibly ask for!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's not Covid, now it's the Capitol chapter! Shit is happening all the time, it's just us selfish GN'R fans who don't realize it! They gave us Saskatoon, HoB, the Village sessions... all carefully edited and mastered by TB. I mean, what more could we possibly ask for!? 

I'm no defending TB, but I don't think many of you know the real job description of a band manager! They are not the boss, the band is the boss and in this case AXL is the boss.

TEAM BRAZIL can suggest, but  it is AXL who decides about SELECTS, BOOKS and has the final saying in what, how and the worst WHEN!

There's no new music / record because AXL doesn't want to!

SO LET'S GO

Band managers are hired by music groups to handle the business aspects of the music industry. They guide the artists' careers, provide advice and act as a liaison between the band and others in the music business. 

A band manager works closely with a music group to help make major decisions regarding the creative and business direction of the band. The manager is the person the musicians put in charge of the business side of the industry so that they can focus on making music. Some band managers work for management companies, while others work independently. A manager often works on commission. Some take on more than one client; others work full-time with one band.

The duties required of a band manager vary greatly depending on the individual needs of the artist. Some managers focus exclusively on a few duties, such as advising the band on creative, business and personal decisions and assisting them in finding engagements. Others take on multiple roles, such as booking agent, promoter and travel arranger. Managers often negotiate recording contracts and help the band members understand their responsibilities.

So stop bitching about TM, which peoplo only do solely by the fact that they are Brazilians at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm no defending TB, but I don't think many of you know the real job description of a band manager! They are not the boss, the band is the boss and in this case AXL is the boss.

TEAM BRAZIL can suggest, but  it is AXL who decides about SELECTS, BOOKS and has the final saying in what, how and the worst WHEN!

There's no new music / record because AXL doesn't want to!

SO LET'S GO

Band managers are hired by music groups to handle the business aspects of the music industry. They guide the artists' careers, provide advice and act as a liaison between the band and others in the music business. 

A band manager works closely with a music group to help make major decisions regarding the creative and business direction of the band. The manager is the person the musicians put in charge of the business side of the industry so that they can focus on making music. Some band managers work for management companies, while others work independently. A manager often works on commission. Some take on more than one client; others work full-time with one band.

The duties required of a band manager vary greatly depending on the individual needs of the artist. Some managers focus exclusively on a few duties, such as advising the band on creative, business and personal decisions and assisting them in finding engagements. Others take on multiple roles, such as booking agent, promoter and travel arranger. Managers often negotiate recording contracts and help the band members understand their responsibilities.

So stop bitching about TM, which peoplo only do solely by the fact that they are Brazilians at this point.

I am aware of all this, and my grievances didn’t mean that I think it’s TB who decide about releasing stuff. (And btw, I couldn’t care less whether they’re from Brazil, Norway, or Egypt as far as I’m concerned.) Neither was my post predominantly about them – it was about the band constantly not giving us anything, plus their management making lame excuses in addition. Same old same old tiring crap. ;) 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I am aware of all this, and my grievances didn’t mean that I think it’s TB who decide about releasing stuff. (And btw, I couldn’t care less whether they’re from Brazil, Norway, or Egypt as far as I’m concerned.) Neither was my post predominantly about them – it was about the band constantly not giving us anything, plus their management making lame excuses in addition. Same old same old tiring crap. ;) 

Sorry if it looked like I was talking about you! I was saying in general!

But I also think they don't manage the band in the right way, I don't now if you saw this, but today they posted on Facebook another cryptic message "Pantiently Fn waiting...", which was their job to say "don't do it", they always do that, create expectations on the fans and nothing never happens.

Just don't say anything to fuck with our minds!

But I also said that "brazilian stuff", because they never gave a hard time on Allan, Goldstein, Merck, Doc and so on...

22 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Sorry if it looked like I was talking about you! I was saying in general!

But I also think they don't manage the band in the right way, I don't now if you saw this, but today they posted on Facebook another cryptic message "Pantiently Fn waiting...", which was their job to say "don't do it", they always do that, create expectations on the fans and nothing never happens.

Just don't say anything to fuck with our minds!

But I also said that "brazilian stuff", because they never gave a hard time on Allan, Goldstein, Merck, Doc and so on...

No problem man, and I agree. I think their post was merely about waiting for the vaccines so that the band can start gigging again. Could have been about president too, but the image of Slash in front of the crowd suggests the former. 
Yeah, as for those former managers… different era, no social media (on their part), it’s impossible to compare. As much as Merck may have damaged Axl’s endeavours, one thing I would believe – that if he was their manager now, maybe he would hire people competent enough to be actually able to communicate with the fans on a normal, nice level instead of acting like arrogant asses on most occasions.
Anyway…

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:35 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Uh oh, Frank acknowledged the joke this band has become. We know what happens to those who do this. He will be replaced on the next tour by a talentless emo chick who forum users will simp for and pretend is an upgrade.

Adler/Sorum return speculation starts now. 

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

Dude be careful with your statements specially when discussing professional careers. managerial positions ( IN ANY FIELD! ) is not that formulated and as per book as written above.

Since you have provided a checklist, let me provide you with another one regarding MUST-HAVE qualities of a manager and give me one example that either Fernando or Beta are matching with any of the below points: 

1. They help develop artists' careers

2. They have a deep and detailed knowledge of an artist's portfolio 

3. They are well aware of the latest trends, technological advancements and marketing 

4. They must have broad network of connections within the industry

5. Work ethic and drive

6. Creative problem solving and fast decision making

7. They handle pressure well

8. They communicate honestly

9. They are open to new ideas

10. They are a role model

11. They are creative minded

-- 

Give me only ONE example and I'll shut up.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I think he like all the comment without read it unfortunately !!

Frank could have went back and unliked, or even deleted the comment; no doubt in my mind that Fernando or someone else in TB was tipped off about this on his personal (and public) Facebook feed, and would have put pressure to remove it to keep everything harmonious.  Something's brewing, and it gives me some vibes of past band members that have taken off shortly after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Dude be careful with your statements specially when discussing professional careers. managerial positions ( IN ANY FIELD! ) is not that formulated and as per book as written above.

Since you have provided a checklist, let me provide you with another one regarding MUST-HAVE qualities of a manager and give me one example that either Fernando or Beta are matching with any of the below points: 

1. They help develop artists' careers

2. They have a deep and detailed knowledge of an artist's portfolio 

3. They are well aware of the latest trends, technological advancements and marketing 

4. They must have broad network of connections within the industry

5. Work ethic and drive

6. Creative problem solving and fast decision making

7. They handle pressure well

8. They communicate honestly

9. They are open to new ideas

10. They are a role model

11. They are creative minded

-- 

Give me only ONE example and I'll shut up.

Come on, man! Becareful with what? You ask me not to be be "as per book", but then you give me a list of what you "think" is the perfect job description for a banda manager? Puft! I'm bringing facts to the table, right or wrong, but fact, you're giving me wishes!

Not that black, not that white, my statement was a overall and very surfaced opinion!

The only thing you forgot to mention in your list is that they are not owners of the brand or the boss of Axl.

You could be all of that included in your list (which maybe they are not, if so they would be perfect humans) and even so they would need to have a GO from Axl.

They are not to blame, i'm sorry.

Edited by Legendador

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

Come on, man! Becareful with what? You ask me not to be be "as per book", but then you give me a list of what you "think" is the perfect job description for a banda manager? Puft! I'm bringing facts to the table, right or wrong, but fact, you're giving me wishes!

Not that black, not that white, my statement was a overall and very surfaced opinion!

The only thing you forgot to mention in your list is that they are not owners of the brand or the boss of Axl.

You could be all of that included in your list (which maybe they are not, if so they would be perfect humans) and even so they would need to have a GO from Axl.

They are not to blame, i'm sorry.

The other lack of respect to TB among the the fanbase is also around the YT takedowns. 

• Like 2