Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

41 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Unpopular opinion, but i'm happy with Frank. He can play whatever the band throws at him, whether that be AFD, UYI or CD stuff. He may not be the best drummer the band has ever had, but he works and doesn't complain or come off as arrogant.

He can play it yes, but not always particularly well. I'd rather a touch of arrogance but a better drummer. 

Edited by ToonGuns
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

He can play it yes, but not always particularly well. I'd rather a touch of arrogance but a better drummer. 

I guess it comes down to if people like Matt or Steven would be willing to put the effort into (re)-learning everything else (including whatever new material may come around). I suppose they could get Brain again (who probably still knows the stuff), but other than him and Frank, there would have to be a lot of re-learning and re-tooling (in band environment/management) involved.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If Axl, Slash and Duff still had beef I would say you're probably right but why should a picture of Axl bother Slash and Duff? No, that's no dig at them. 

Matt posts always random nostalgia pictures of the past. He was involved in one of the biggest tours in history and the UYI tour was his most successful moment of his career. Reminding his followers he was part of that, is simply to stay relevant. If I was part of something big like that, I would do the same tbh. 

Releasing a book, bashing the shit out of this time, is another story. And posts like that make it even harder to believe.

Sorry, i just come a it conclusion cause Forum menbers posted snippets of the Matt book, and apparently he put Axl in better light, cause he is more straight that Slash and Duff.  It isn't my opinion, it is just an description than Slash and Duff don't push too much for Matt, accord the Matt book.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Sorry, i just come a it conclusion cause Forum menbers posted snippets of the Matt book, and apparently he put Axl in better light, cause he is more straight that Slash and Duff.  It isn't my opinion, it is just an description than Slash and Duff don't push too much for Matt, accord the Matt book.

I know all that and still can't see why this should be a dig on them...

All Matt did there, is ... "look, who I worked with...." It's just self profiling. Nothing more.

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nah I don't want to hear his voice on VR stuff. Doesn't really fit and he doesn't really fit their vibe anyway.

He sounded pretty good whenever he's played It's So Easy with those guys in the past. I'd like to hear the stuff they did. It could've worked kinda like Nothing To Say, I don't really like A7X but that's one of the better songs on Slash's s/t album IMO, there's a good heavy energy to it. think some of the Corey stuff might've been similar.

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I know all that and still can't see why this should be a dig on them...

All Matt did there, is ... "look, who I worked with...." It's just self profiling. Nothing more.

Matt for two consecutive times posted Axl pics, some unusual to him, this is first time he post in GNR FB, and just to praise Axl pic. Maybe you're right, and Matt just suddenly back love to Axl..

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Matt for two consecutive times posted Axl pics, some unusual to him, this is first time he post in GNR FB, and just to praise Axl pic. Maybe you're right, and Matt just suddenly back love to Axl..

I think this is purely a case of being off the road and remembering "I did some cool shit".

He obviously is all the things you say too, but I think this is harmless... and If we know one thing about Axl it's that he holds a grudge like no other! posting a pic and saying a few words is not going to mend bridges, if there's still bridges to be mended.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Not everything is a big conspiracy

maybe not, but first Matt shits all over Slash, Duff, and Gn'R in his leaked book and then all of a sudden he delays it yet again cause "he doesn't want to come off jaded". This is after he created hype for the book by saying it was going to be the best book cause he got all the juicy details, basically promising he's not going to hold back.

I think it's possible the Gn'R camp contacted him and asked him to make changes to his book. It's kinda weird how he can both shit on them and look back fondly on the good old days.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

maybe not, but first Matt shits all over Slash, Duff, and Gn'R in his leaked book and then all of a sudden he delays it yet again cause "he doesn't want to come off jaded". This is after he created hype for the book by saying it was going to be the best book cause he got all the juicy details, basically promising he's not going to hold back.

I think it's possible the Gn'R camp contacted him and asked him to make changes to his book. It's kinda weird how he can both shit on them and look back fondly on the good old days.

Maybe Matt have the Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde Syndrome :lol: