The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Whell I did bro and "Did Kiss release one good album at all" part doesn't seem to be only about Psycho Circus. 

...I never said that. Did you quote the wrong person or something?

Kiss has released MANY good albums. I was just talking about Psycho Circus, since that’s their “reunion” album, which is the situation we’re in now with gnr.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Paul McCartney just announced a new album, written and recorded entirely by himself during the lockdown. I wonder if Fernando is going to tell him he should respect what's going on in the world?

You think Fernando doesn’t get it? What’s he supposed to do? What’s anyone to do? Axl just “isn’t ready”. Fernando tries to lie to himself to accept the bizarre circumstances, but he knows he’s lying to himself. He’s essentially living off the leavings of Axl, he had to respect his space and he must do his bidding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Someone should buy billboards saying things like "release Soul Monster" and "release The General" in every direction from Axl's house, so he has to drive past them. 

Years ago there was a fund raiser to buy a billboard near a Coke plant to bring back Surge. Said something like: "Dear Coke, we couldn't buy SURGE, so we bought this billboard instead."

That, among many other efforts over years, finally worked! Surge has been back to many markets since 2014. It was discontinued over ten years prior.

10 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

You think Fernando doesn’t get it? What’s he supposed to do? What’s anyone to do? Axl just “isn’t ready”. Fernando tries to lie to himself to accept the bizarre circumstances, but he knows he’s lying to himself. He’s essentially living off the leavings of Axl, he had to respect his space and he must do his bidding.

Well said. Sums the situation up nicely. Fernando the ‘manager’ of Guns N’ Roses has no real input in regards to new music. Just like us, he’s waiting for Uncle Axl to decide when the time is right for new music. Unfortunately for all of us, Axl was reticent to release music as a younger man. I fear that now he’s gotten older and is staring down the barrel of 60, he may be even more obstinate. 

At this point I genuinely suspect there might not ever be a new record. It’s just so fuckin’ easy for the band to keep making money off its past successes.

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Doesn't justify his shitty way with fans, not a bit. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Well said. Sums the situation up nicely. Fernando the ‘manager’ of Guns N’ Roses has no real input in regards to new music. Just like us, he’s waiting for Uncle Axl to decide when the time is right for new music. Unfortunately for all of us, Axl was reticent to release music as a younger man. I fear that now he’s gotten older and is staring down the barrel of 60, he may be even more obstinate. 

At this point I genuinely suspect there might not ever be a new record. It’s just so fuckin’ easy for the band to keep making money off its past successes.

I was told that the some of the original leaks (early 2000s) were traced back to Fernando, I always thought Fernando/TB thought some of the songs were great and ready to release but Axl didn’t feel the same way. I think that Fernando took things in his own hands and leaked some of the tracks to try to motivate axl to do a proper release of an album, but of course Axl didn’t appreciate that approach once it was traced back to Fernando. 

I think Axl has everyone where he wants them-

the band- keep your mouths shut about gnr related items and you’ll keep getting paid.

Fernando/TB- don’t try to pressure me to do anything I don’t agree with or you’ll find yourselves on the outside looking in.

Axl is the end all be all of new music being released.

• Like 1

Year passes on. A rock n roll band hasn't figured out how to release new music for the public. Yet "top scientists" has now figured out how to make safe and a working vaccine for COVID. It really is "ROCKET SCIENCE", putting out a song or a two I mean....

Edited by ThePreacher
  • Haha 4

If they are not going to release anything I wish they would say and end all this frustrating specullation.  It has decided that the touring of arenas will not happen until next fall/autumn maybe not until 2022, there is so much to deal with from insurance, mass cleaning etc  it is going to be very expensive for bands,  I wonder if, as a conseuence,, they decide to call it a day.

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

If they are not going to release anything I wish they would say and end all this frustrating specullation.  It has decided that the touring of arenas will not happen until next fall/autumn maybe not until 2022, there is so much to deal with from insurance, mass cleaning etc  it is going to be very expensive for bands,  I wonder if, as a conseuence,, they decide to call it a day.

There’s still too much money to be made for the Appetite For Illusions Of Democracy tour. They’ll come up with some plan to tour at some point in 2021 and have it coincide with a speculative album. Axl will be thinking somewhere in the latter half of 2022. Of course as that date approaches they’ll find another excuse. 

On 10/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, ronartest2004 said:

I was told that the some of the original leaks (early 2000s) were traced back to Fernando, I always thought Fernando/TB thought some of the songs were great and ready to release but Axl didn’t feel the same way. I think that Fernando took things in his own hands and leaked some of the tracks to try to motivate axl to do a proper release of an album, but of course Axl didn’t appreciate that approach once it was traced back to Fernando. 

I think Axl has everyone where he wants them-

the band- keep your mouths shut about gnr related items and you’ll keep getting paid.

Fernando/TB- don’t try to pressure me to do anything I don’t agree with or you’ll find yourselves on the outside looking in.

Axl is the end all be all of new music being released.

I agree totally. Here’s my take on it:

TB are on the gravy train and are happy to continue while Axl finances their lifestyles. I doubt they give a shit about GnR or Axl for that matter.

it’s really sad that the truth is IMO, if Steph seymours baby sitter never came into Axls life, we may have a functioning band who releases music.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

.. .- — -.. —- -. . .— .- .. - .. -. —. —- -. - .... .. ... -... .- -. -..

^this is Morse code for “I am done waiting on this band.”

Maybe, if we speak in Morse code, they’ll actually listen!!

Most of this forum is full of hardcore GN'R fans. (Obviously) Our opinions really don't matter that much to GN'R camp, I'd imagine. Casual listeners and fans are their target. 

Most casual listeners and fans probably don't even know who's in the band now. A majority of people who bought or listened to Chinese Democracy probably though Slash was on that album. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Most of this forum is full of hardcore GN'R fans. (Obviously) Our opinions really don't matter that much to GN'R camp, I'd imagine. Casual listeners and fans are their target. 

Most casual listeners and fans probably don't even know who's in the band now. A majority of people who bought or listened to Chinese Democracy probably though Slash was on that album. 

...Yes, but, if we talk to them maybe they will listen!! :P

5 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Didn't you hear?

There's a new album hidden inside the pinball machines, all you have to do is 1) buy the pinball machine, and 2) take a sledgehammer to said pinball machine in order to access the new album.

It sets you back only a few thousand dollars! What's not to love?

Only a few thousand? Put me on the list. :D