The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

On any new album I’d hope that the majority of It would be of a more ‘epic’ style with a couple of straightforward rockers thrown in.

I'd really like the next song we hear to be a 6-7 minute epic, or longer.

We've not had an original GNR song break the 7 minute barrier since UYI.

Edited by jackparker123

10 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

You've got 3 over 6 mins on CD?! Length doesn't equate to quality! 

4 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

You've got 3 over 6 mins on CD?! Length doesn't equate to quality! 

Agreed a long song doesn't automatically mean great song, that can be said about a few CD songs and a few UYI songs. I think when someones on about a long song they are thinking about NR, Estranged etc. those classic songs that build and build right to the end. Some songs on UYI and CD are long and feel long, CD is less guilty of this (for me) but UYI has a lot of times where I tend to think "they should be wrapping this up right about now", even songs I enjoy like 'Breakdown' and 'Locomotive'.

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Agreed a long song doesn't automatically mean great song, that can be said about a few CD songs and a few UYI songs. I think when someones on about a long song they are thinking about NR, Estranged etc. those classic songs that build and build right to the end. Some songs on UYI and CD are long and feel long, CD is less guilty of this (for me) but UYI has a lot of times where I tend to think "they should be wrapping this up right about now", even songs I enjoy like 'Breakdown' and 'Locomotive'.

Yup! Civil War always went on too long for me. I'm a huge Locomotive fan but agreed it goes on too long. I really like that outro though! Totally out of place wae rest of song but I dig it.

29 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Yup! Civil War always went on too long for me. I'm a huge Locomotive fan but agreed it goes on too long. I really like that outro though! Totally out of place wae rest of song but I dig it.

I guess we're all programmed to want intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus-end so when you get a song with a different form it either sticks or it doesn't, but for me I've always loved Civil war. Agreed on the outro of Locomotive, great but felt like it was just an interlude to the next song... but the next song is So fine. Had the next song been The Garden and then faded out of Locomotive and faded into the Garden (kinda Wall/Dark side of moon type vibe) it would have been cool! I still like the part though, and the locomotive riff is one of my all time favourite Slash riffs... just a tad long for me.

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

The beauty of differing opinions! I've heard enough of Axl's piano epics to last me a lifetime!!! Give me some heavy brutal sleazy riffage any day over mid tempo, piano led, orchestral soaked, self reflective songs with whinny lyrics about ex-girlfriends from the early 90s! 

It doesn’t necessarily need to be piano-driven….Locomotive/Coma would be equally acceptable. IF (and it’s a big if) they can create some legit sleazy riffs then fair doos….it’s just how ‘real’ it would be coming from near 60 year olds. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I suppose it why Rocket Queen is IMO the best song GNR will ever do - it’s super sleazy AND epic. Just brilliant.

29 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

I want rockers! Fuck the epics

Fair enough - right to the point. 🤣

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Yeah - I’d actually be happy with anything but a more epic song would be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

It doesn’t necessarily need to be piano-driven….Locomotive/Coma would be equally acceptable. IF (and it’s a big if) they can create some legit sleazy riffs then fair doos….it’s just how ‘real’ it would be coming from near 60 year olds. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I suppose it why Rocket Queen is IMO the best song GNR will ever do - it’s super sleazy AND epic. Just brilliant.

Fair enough - right to the point. 🤣

Yeah - I’d actually be happy with anything but a more epic song would be great.

Maybe one or two it's okay. I want more rockers ... Easy/Brownstone/Nightrain/OutTaGetMe/Jungle/PC are among the greatest rock songs ever . In UYI / TSI / CD are missing those songs and that kind of vibe. I always go back to Appetite because You can't Match those ones . 

Hardskool it's a great rocker for me and it works 

7 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

If this band is capable of busting out anything close to resembling Nightrain or Brownstone at 60, I'll drive my motorized chair down the yellow line of a highway

if Gn'R is capable of matching Chinese in quality, I'll be happy. UYI wasn't as good as AFD imo. Still great. Same thing with Chinese. (for me)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Just now, Rovim said:

if Gn'R is capable of matching Chinese in quality, I'll be happy. UYI wasn't as good as AFD imo. Still great. Same thing with Chinese.

I'm hanging out with this guy.  Clearly enjoys all things GN'R for what they are, yet, still has reasonable & realistic expectations.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

if Gn'R is capable of matching Chinese in quality, I'll be happy. UYI wasn't as good as AFD imo. Still great. Same thing with Chinese. (for me)

From what I have heard, CD1 (2008) was a sampler (from a type of material standpoint) between the two albums that were done at that time. So if the next album is CD2, reworked, it should be as good as the 2008 album. Some say it will be a bit darker. There will be a few rockers, epics, and electronic songs. Some amazing, some pretty good, and likely a few less popular ones of course. 

26 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I hope we get a new album soon, I mean it's the next logical step for this down time they have now. But this is GNR, so there goes the logic ...

I really don't think we'll get more music soon.

Maybe we get another single. Eye On You with a re-worked Oh My God called Spiders as the B-side. :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Popcorn crew said:

Dolphins from Estranged video probably turned to be at least 40,50 years old now but yet there is stil no new apperances. 

Even them gone gnr on us.

They are just camera shy

• Haha 2

I definetly need one album more from them . They are My favourite band ever and their catalog is so short. I would love Slash n Duff convince Axl to put out 2/3 more albums. I don't mind if they tour or not but i need new music. Say what You want about Absurd/Hardskool and i maybe I agree but Anything new from them it's a Magic trip

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

I definetly need one album more from them . They are My favourite band ever and their catalog is so short. I would love Slash n Duff convince Axl to put out 2/3 more albums. I don't mind if they tour or not but i need new music. Say what You want about Absurd/Hardskool and i maybe I agree but Anything new from them it's a Magic trip

Yeah, the lack of material is what drives everyone around here mad. We know how great the band can be, but we just don't have enough from them.

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If i wanted straight generic rock, i would pick up the next SMKC album. I hope the next GN'R album has a healthy mix of rock and Axl's epic/experimental shit.

Bingo - this is what I hope it will be.

• Like 1