The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Is this a joke, or fact?  if fact, how do you know?

Actually I like speculation, wish lists and so on...that's what this thread is (all) about... ;)

But Pele and CubanSkies Dummy are neither funny, nor do they know anything. Both are just a big pain in the ass and make this board less enjoyable. 

• Like 3

@Sweersa is right. (But I don't believe Monstrosity has vocals or so).

You're too optimist, @Pele.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, Sweersa said:

I do not believe these songs had vocals recorded in 1999. 

That's not CubanSkies Dummy word... That's SEAN BEAVEN'S WORD.

-__________________________________________________________________________________________

So, we're close to solve this mystery, guys. 

We're coming to an end here.

@Pele I agree with your list... but it's too optimistic.

Ladies and gentlements, this is MY FINAL LIST.

With the Sean Beaven interview from february 2018, we have solved the mystery. Reminder that Beaven is almost the DE FACTO produced of "Chinese Democracy".

LIST OF FINISHED CHINESE DEMOCRACY SONGS - chronological:

1. MADAGASCAR: 1998. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  2. PROSTITUTE: 1998. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  3. OH MY GOD: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Only official release from the "Beaven" album.
  4. THERE WAS A TIME: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Extended by adding a Buckethead solo in 2002. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002. Only bootlegged song from the "Beaven" album.
  5. I.R.S.: 1999.FINISHED AND RELEASED. Maybe another bootlegged mix from the "Beaven" album.
  6. CATCHER IN THE RYE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Brian May add guitar on this.
  7. RIAD N' THE BEDOUINS: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Brian May add guitar on this.
  8. STREET OF DREAMS: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  9. CHINESE DEMOCRACY: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Extended by adding a Buckethead solo in 2002.
  10. IF THE WORLD: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED.
  11. THIS I LOVE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Not included on the leaked Rough Mixes. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  12. ATLAS SHRUGGED: 1999. UNRELEASED. Brian May add guitar on this.
  13. PERHAPS: 1999. UNRELEASED.
  14. ABSURD: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED.
  15. HARD SKOOL: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED.
  16. SORRY: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Instrumental on the Rough Mixes. Sebastian Bach add vocals in 2006.
  17. SHACKLER'S REVENGE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Instrumental on the Rough Mixes.
  18. SCRAPED: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Not included on the leaked Rough Mixes.
  19. THYME: 1999. UNRELEASED. Instrumental. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002.
  20. GOING DOWN: Late 2002 / early 2003. UNRELEASED. Vocals by Tommy Stinson.
  21. BETTER: Late 2002 / early 2003. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Only song from the official album that the vocals weren't recorded back in 1999. Source: Sean Beaven, february 2018.
  22. THE GENERAL: Late 2002 / early 2003. UNRELEASED. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002.

-

LIST OF INCOMPLETE/UNFINISHED CHINESE DEMOCRACY SONGS - Chronological:

1. STATE OF GRACE: 1999. UNFINISHED. Incomplete vocals.
  2. OKLAHOMA: 1999. UNFINISHED. No vocals?
  3. SOUL MONSTER: 1999. UNFINISHED. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002. No vocals?
  4. SEVEN: Late 2002 / Early 2003. UNFINISHED. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002. No vocals?

We can expect, as much, 10 songs to be released by the NITL lineup from the Chinese Democracy sessions (counting OMG and the four unfinished tracks)

LIST OF LOOPS / OUTTAKES OR INSTRUMENTAL SKETCHES - Chronological:

1. QUICK SONG: 1999. LOOP / OUTTAKE. Some vox by Axl.
  2. ZODIAC: 1999. LOOP / OUTTAKE.
  3. TONTO: 1999. LOOP / OUTTAKE.
  4. CUBAN SKIES: ?.
  5. LIGHT MY FIRE: ?.
  6. MONSTROSITY: ?

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

In September, Dizzy would mention they had three CDs of material and that Axl was still working hard to finish Chinese Democracy:

I believe in Axl. We have three CDs worth of songs. Everyone contributed and it all goes into the mill. We did some touring about three years ago, but things are on hold for now. (Rose is) working hard to finish our first record in quite awhile.

I'm pretty excited about the fact that it might come out this year.

Being asked if they really have 32 songs:

Well... I actually thought that there are more... but if Axl says there are 32 then I guess. But what's already in the bank is unbelievable material. There's a lot. There's at least three dozen. There's a shitload of stuff. We've actually been doing stuff... we haven't been sittin' around. There really is a lot of stuff.

SOURCE: ROSE HIMSELF.

32 songs. @Pele was right. Kudos to him!!

The End.

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Actually I like speculation, wish lists and so on...that's what this thread is (all) about... ;)

But Pele and CubanSkies Dummy are neither funny, nor do they know anything. Both are just a big pain in the ass and make this board less enjoyable. 

That's true. Since these two dummys came onto this board, the forum became less enjoyable. And ignoring doesn't really help, when half the posts include replies to these dum-dums

Edit: Ok seriously. At this point he's just trolling. Can we ban him please?

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

7 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

-__________________________________________________________________________________________

With the Sean Beaven interview from february 2018, we have solved the mystery. Reminder that Beaven is almost the DE FACTO produced of "Chinese Democracy".

3. OH MY GOD: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Only official release from the "Beaven" album.
  4. THERE WAS A TIME: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Extended by adding a Buckethead solo in 2002. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002. Only bootlegged song from the "Beaven" album.
  5. I.R.S.: 1999.FINISHED AND RELEASED. Maybe another bootlegged mix from the "Beaven" album.
  6. CATCHER IN THE RYE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Brian May add guitar on this.
  7. RIAD N' THE BEDOUINS: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Brian May add guitar on this.
  8. STREET OF DREAMS: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  9. CHINESE DEMOCRACY: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Extended by adding a Buckethead solo in 2002.
  11. THIS I LOVE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Not included on the leaked Rough Mixes. Buckmaster added orchestra in 2002.
  16. SORRY: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Instrumental on the Rough Mixes. Sebastian Bach add vocals in 2006.
  17. SHACKLER'S REVENGE: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Instrumental on the Rough Mixes.
  18. SCRAPED: 1999. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Not included on the leaked Rough Mixes.
  21. BETTER: Late 2002 / early 2003. FINISHED AND RELEASED. Only song from the official album that the vocals weren't recorded back in 1999. Source: Sean Beaven, february 2018.
  22. THE GENERAL: Late 2002 / early 2003. UNRELEASED. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002.

-

4. SEVEN: Late 2002 / Early 2003. UNFINISHED. Beltrami added orchestra in 2002. No vocals?

We can expect, as much, 10 songs to be released by the NITL lineup from the Chinese Democracy sessions (counting OMG and the four unfinished tracks)

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

The End.

Erm.  Thanks, I guess?

But on a serious note - if Axl's quote of "working on 32 songs, 26 are nearly done" is correct - then yes, it's likely as above.

Edited by Pele

13 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

-

The End.

How are the mods allowing this in every thread? :laugh: @janrichmond@downzy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GNR 1991 said:

How are the mods allowing this in every thread? :laugh: @janrichmond@downzy

Please... don't be that mean.

That was my final list. 

Also, that message it's the result of years studying the Chinese Democracy phenomenom. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

Why don't you just zoom in the list and take the forum gossip away?

• Haha 4

Look - I don't really wanna be associated with this guy.

I made my position clear.

He fabricated a load of fake song titles, and a fake review for these songs.

However, for whatever reason, he now appears to match my claim and has come up with the FINAL LIST lol.

How about we sticky the final list somewhere.

If they release a song not from that list (which they won't), both of us leave forever (if he agrees).

22 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

This lunatic invades every forum, has been doing it for years. Bonham's forum simply mocks him, GNREvo banned him. Only here do people try to argue with the madman.

The crazy thing is, making so many random lists actually takes time and effort, more time and effort even the most dedicated trolls would not want to take the time and effort to actually do lol

2 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

So in other words, there is currently a 0.0% chance we are getting an album with any new material in 2022. 

Nah, there's never zero and never 100% with GNR (or much of anything else, really). But does it look bright? Nope.

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nah, there's never zero and never 100% with GNR (or much of anything else, really). But does it look bright? Nope.

For me, the moment has passed. I had hope with the reunion. Genuinely thought they might manage to put out something decent. A late career creative high if you will. Well it was a 5 year wait for Absurd... something I'd heard and disliked 20 years earlier. Will be interesting to see what reaction the EP gets. I'd be stunned if there was much interest out with fan groups.

Does anybody just find GNR one of the most frustrating bands ever? So many chances and so little return.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

For me, the moment has passed. I had hope with the reunion. Genuinely thought they might manage to put out something decent. A late career creative high if you will. Well it was a 5 year wait for Absurd... something I'd heard and disliked 20 years earlier. Will be interesting to see what reaction the EP gets. I'd be stunned if there was much interest out with fan groups.

Does anybody just find GNR one of the most frustrating bands ever? So many chances and so little return.

I would definitely say that especially with everyone from the Appetite, Illusions, and CD eras all still alive, that GNR is the band with the most wasted potential without having any band members pass away prematurely

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Isn't that pretty much the consensus around here, haha? 

Personally, I can't get frustrated about such things, it is just a rock band. It doesn't affect me. Additionally, I kind of expected nothing since UYI and everything we've got, CD, tours and entertainment, has just been a welcome bonus. The glass was half full decades ago. 

• Like 2