The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, Tommy's demos have been added recently for sure, but people say that Ashba's demos have been there for a while. I guess that's what happened with Tommy, because he said that he was trying to get them back from GN'R. Ashba probably registered his when he left the band.

Axl didn't do anything with Ashba's demos, so why would Slash and Duff?

When I did a meet and greet with Tommy before a show in January, he specifically said he'd been asking the band for some of the songs back since his tenure in the band ended. He wasn't upset, jusat said that like everything else in GN'R land, it took forever for anything to happen. He specifically said he considered "Goin' Down" a "good, but far from great" song. 

Would DJ have been able to register them when he left the band? I figured, like Tommy, he would have to get the copyrights back. My assumption would be that any of the members of "nuguns" had to sign all their material over to Guns N' Roses. Again, speaking as a former IP lawyer, that would be my guess. Explains why Axl was able to re-configure the songwriters on "Abursd" and "Silkworms". I believe we've heard over the years that pissed off Buckethead after he left when he realized he couldn't use any of the riffs he brought to the band. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Once I bitched about new music in their Instagram and someone typed me that they don't need to do new music cause they made already good ones 30y ago and therefore they don't need to do anything more never ever. 

Makes sense :D

Do you remember the Monster album from Kiss? No one but their fans does. 

Legacy bands can release new music as much as they want. The average fan goes the concerts because of the classics.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Isn't that setlist just covering up Paradise City, so over eager social media people can say stuff like "Paradise F'N City!!!!", "Axl Rock N Roll Forever in Paradise City!!!!" and "Come to Paraguay, we love you!" ? That's all I get from that really. 

YUP. The vast majority of comments are “PARADISE CITY!!!”

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'm pretty certain they did. 

They did, I think it was Hard Skool though.

Don't think there's any correlation though. They were both on tour during each of these and it's just a generic thing to do. If we get new music anytime soon it's just coincidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They did, I think it was Hard Skool though.

Don't think there's any correlation though. They were both on tour during each of these and it's just a generic thing to do. If we get new music anytime soon it's just coincidence.

Not over reading into anything but it's just Hardschool was released exactly a year ago tomorrow. 

If they tweeted the same setlist question a year ago before that and there doing it again now... then.....

ahh fuck it maybe I am over reading into it 

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Wasn't that the early VR material that Weiland rejected for sounding like Bad Company?

This is the first I'm reading about them doing something that sounded like bad company. Damn, I REALLY wanna listen to these stuff now... Bad Co RULES!!!!

Slash jamming to wishing well with them is still one of my favorite performances of him! (I know that song is from Free, but you got what I mean)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Slash said in his biography that he, Duff, Matt and Izzy recorded some of the best instrumental material Guns ever did, does anyone remember that?

Yep, and Axl will never do anything with it. It’ll just rot away in the vault like everything else GN’R related. 

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Wasn't that the early VR material that Weiland rejected for sounding like Bad Company?

No, that was something different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

It must be a good sign that more and more countries get these songs

I would think so yeah. Can't think why it would be a bad sign

Unless I'm mistaken the first thing about UYI stuff came out from YCBM on Spotify. It's logical to think the same would happen if they drop new stuff & if the names are popping up in other countries then I'd say that's a very positive sign.

7 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yep, and Axl will never do anything with it. It’ll just rot away in the vault like everything else GN’R related. 

No, that was something different.

It was the early VR material. Izzy jammed with them for about 2 weeks around October 2002 (they already had Kushner then). So it's the same material that Weiland said sounded like Bad Company.

• Like 1