The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think more material is going to be released just like last year. Might take a little while but I define that as still going/not over.  We got something to chew on this year in the form of the UYI box set so at least they're selling something other than merch and tickets.

Maybe next year Axl will release more tracks. If not next year, then the year after that and so on and so forth. He doesn't need to say a single word, just to be in the mood to release more music and that's still very possible imo.

I appreciate the optimism but the utter lack of communication from the guy up top means we'll never really know either way.

14 minutes ago, mystery said:

I appreciate the optimism but the utter lack of communication from the guy up top means we'll never really know either way.

lack of communication doesn't mean it's over when it comes to new music. Fact is that last year, finally, Axl has released more Chinese tunes. Factoring Axl's slow as shit pace, I think it's likely that more is on the way.

• Like 2

The guy has released 2 songs in 14 years.  It's obvious he doesn't give a shit about the hardcore fanbase.  Lots of legacy acts release new music solely for the hardcore fans and tour the greatest hits for the general audience.  And lots of legacy bands like the Stones, KISS, etc actually have an extensive catalog in the first place.  GnR have basically 4 studio albums of original material in 35 years.  He is haunted by the ghost of Appetite for Destruction and knows he will never top it, so he fucks around with mono room tones and Silkworms snares for 20 years while the housekeeper and the pool boy blow smoke up his ass as if Riad and the Bedouins is some grand artistic statement.

Edited by BillConnor_1982
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dean said:

Another favorite of mine was when a member was at a party of a friend who had a load of Portuguese friends in attendance and there was an unheard GNR song blasting through the stereo. The guy then attempted to break in and grab the CD but was caught.

Obviously it was all BS, but I laugh at how imaginative people are and the lengths they go to in order to attempt to troll. 

I also remember the one where some guy heard unreleased GnR songs getting blasted from a rooftop at a record label or something but obviously his phone wasn’t working correctly to record anything. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mystery said:

It's effectively over since Axl never ever says anything to the point Slash is basically the spokesman for the band. It reflects on his legacy that Chinese Democracy took over a decade to release and was joked upon by the mainstream press and that he hasn't done much artistically since.

Rolling Stone, SPIN and the All Music Guide all gave the album very good reviews.

The band still play several songs from it, nearly 15 years after its release. It's hardly a Van Halen 3 type thing. 

IDK why I'm even posting here. No one knows anything, myself included. Just endless speculation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

Back in the pre CD era, there was a young guy on here who claimed that he somehow played some GNR leaks from back then over his school P.A. system and "people started dancing in the hallways". Anyone remember that? That was pure comedy gold.

Yeah, pure lies.

We all know they were dancing to My World.

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, rosesandguns said:

Long time no see fellas. Nice to see the old gang still keepin the forum active 👌🏼

Talked this morning briefly with one dude who sang on Spaghetti Incident and played harmonica on Use You Illusion in the bus and he said that Slash has been saving riffs for Guns already before recording of ”4”. Also he said that even though fans are ”WTF” with the new stuf - the band is not and they have a clear plan on how things are gonna roll. He compared the situation to AC/DC where Brian has lost so much of his voice (listen to the most recent feat. live performances he did) that it’s physically impossible to sound like he used to at his best era (in my opinion the 90’s when Rudd came back) and then compare what the did with the latest album where he sounds great. Axl has full capability in sounding like his old self short periods of time in the studio, but pulling of tours like this (with even the voice/tone he is pulling now) will be impossibility in the near (5yrs) future. That’s a good hint on what they are planning.

and salute to all my old buddies at the forum!

So you talked with Michael Monroe 😎 Surprised that he was so open to talk about this kind of "inside" info but hey, glad he did. He's a cool guy.

Edited by LandOla

On 12/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

“Slash and Duff are the only people who can help write GNR music” is such a 2002 take lol

Tons of people love the work that was done for Chinese Democracy. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t make other people happy.

Saying there’s going to be new music is a 2002 take 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:26 AM, rosesandguns said:

Long time no see fellas. Nice to see the old gang still keepin the forum active 👌🏼

Talked this morning briefly with one dude who sang on Spaghetti Incident and played harmonica on Use You Illusion in the bus and he said that Slash has been saving riffs for Guns already before recording of ”4”. Also he said that even though fans are ”WTF” with the new stuf - the band is not and they have a clear plan on how things are gonna roll. He compared the situation to AC/DC where Brian has lost so much of his voice (listen to the most recent feat. live performances he did) that it’s physically impossible to sound like he used to at his best era (in my opinion the 90’s when Rudd came back) and then compare what the did with the latest album where he sounds great. Axl has full capability in sounding like his old self short periods of time in the studio, but pulling of tours like this (with even the voice/tone he is pulling now) will be impossibility in the near (5yrs) future. That’s a good hint on what they are planning.

How much stock do we put on this, so a new album is coming? 

12 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

Back in the pre CD era, there was a young guy on here who claimed that he somehow played some GNR leaks from back then over his school P.A. system and "people started dancing in the hallways". Anyone remember that? That was pure comedy gold.

THAT WAS THE BLUES AFTER IT WAS LEAKED THO EVERYTIME IHEER THAT STORRY I GET THE SAME VISUAL OF A GIRlIIN WHITE DRESS N BLACK SKIRT BEING SPUN AROUND ALL DAINTY

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

At least in that era there were actual song titles and occasions where Axl would play music for journalists. The tone would be so much different right now if a song title leaked or someone talked about the recording process.

• Like 1

GNR died in 2011 at Rock in Rio. CD was released, a full tour had been completed and been (relatively) successful. all the new members had been making noise about new music. And we got that horror of a show with no new music, just estranged. It would be another 10 years almost to the day, when we finally got absurd. Everyone was so excited about that rock in rio debuting a couple new songs for the next phase of what a normal band would do. When it didn't happen, a part of the band died forever. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

GNR died in 2011 at Rock in Rio. CD was released, a full tour had been completed and been (relatively) successful. all the new members had been making noise about new music. And we got that horror of a show with no new music, just estranged. It would be another 10 years almost to the day, when we finally got absurd. Everyone was so excited about that rock in rio debuting a couple new songs for the next phase of what a normal band would do. When it didn't happen, a part of the band died forever. 

Night of the yellow rain coat too, right?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Atlas19 said:

Yes.

And not 100% sure but the show when bumblefoot wear a stormtropper helmet too

That is correct. I watched the live stream. Not only was the show bad, the stream quality was too. 2011 would of been a good year to drop CD2 and the remix album so that chapter of the band could be closed to then make room for the reunion.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

“Slash and Duff are the only people who can help write GNR music” is such a 2002 take lol

Tons of people love the work that was done for Chinese Democracy. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t make other people happy.

"tons"?  I dont think so.  Nu-gnr had trouble selling tix and the CD was a flop.  I am a HUGE fan, so of course i like it because Axl was singing.  Now look at the big 3.  I believe they are doing TONS better as far as touring success.  You cant replace Slash and Duff, they are on the cds  that made Gnr what they are, period.  

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, rosesandguns said:

any chance you go where he went off in the near future?

it is not a matter of what they want, it is more a matter of what they can.

fact is, without Izzy/Matt/Gilby/Adler they are simply incapable recording anything worthy of GNR moniker.

Hardschool, Absurd type stuff you can hear in 3 local bars in any block anywhere on this planet.  Perhaps the no names have even better numbers up their sleeves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

any chance you go where he went off in the near future?

it is not a matter of what they want, it is more a matter of what they can.

fact is, without Izzy/Matt/Gilby/Adler they are simply incapable recording anything worthy of GNR moniker.

Hardschool, Absurd type stuff you can hear in 3 local bars in any block anywhere on this planet.  Perhaps the no names have even better numbers up their sleeves.

This is possibly more a General Musing, but I would be fascinated to hear them at least -try-. I'm not interested in AFD part 2, I want to hear where they're at now. But with bands it gets tricky. Everyone's rich and has their own manager. Everyone lives in different cities. Look at REM hanging out in Athens in 81 vs REM in 2005 fighting terminal boredom to record Around The Sun or whatever...Shit gets weird. Doubly so when your singer is Axl!

I'd be thrilled to see them accomplish something along the lines of the Stones Blue & Lonesome. Not gonna happen, I know, I know...

Edited by merryfnchristmas

On 12/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, Trin9498 said:

I didn’t say there was gonna be new music, I’m pretty vocal about the fact that I don’t think there will be a new album. I do think we’ll probably get one or two more leftovers but even that I’m not sure on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I agree. 2011 was the moment where Axl decided GNR was to be a legacy band. The 2009-2010 tour was justified since they just released a new album and Axl sounded great. The biggest GNR mystery to me is what the fuck happened in those 9 or so monthes off the road that turned Axl into what he is now.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree. 2011 was the moment where Axl decided GNR was to be a legacy band. The 2009-2010 tour was justified since they just released a new album and Axl sounded great. The biggest GNR mystery to me is what the fuck happened in those 9 or so monthes off the road that turned Axl into what he is now.

His voice was sounding much thinner by the end of 2010 so I think we would've got 2011-12 vocals regardless of Axl's level of motivation, he couldn't sustain that 2010 voice for years.

As for why he stopped caring around 2011... it could be because a CD re-release was rejected, could be meds, could be any number of things. I guess one of the big things that happened was the Azoff lawsuit, Axl lost and had to play arena's that Live Nation (or whoever Azoff was associated with) owned and I think some revenue went to paying him?

Not touring on his own terms, having to pay an ex-manager, and not releasing the remixes, bonus tracks, alt artwork, CD2 or whatever... It's not exactly surprising that Axl said 'fuck it', as childish as that seems. But we'll probably never know what happened between the end of 2010 and Rio 2011.

• Like 1

EVERY TIME I SEE THAT RAINCOAT I THINK “GUM” IL GO LOOKIT UP BIT IS THAT  EVEN ATHING? iT LIKE I CAN  FEEL ITS THICK TEXTURE THRU MY SCREEN THEN I LOOK AT AXLS OTHER RIR N HE KNOW BY THIS POINT RIR , KNOW TOO HOW VEIWED OVeR NOVER THEN OVER AGAIN THEY WHERE AT ONE POINT DID HE PUT THAT COAT ON NSAY “YEAH ROCK ON” OK IT WAS PURE LASHING BUT EVEN BETTER HOW BAD ASS TO JUST BE THE SAME ASS THE FANS GET WET PRIMAL UR IN BRAZIL …THAT “GUM!?” JACKET KILLEEd AXL N THE BANDS COOLNESS TTJE STORM TROPER BIT WAS JUST THE BROWN SAUCE ON A SHITE QUESADIA…OH NO THATS MESICO….CORNED BEEF 

Edited by HOLDEN CAULFIELD
  • Confused 1