The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

How do you know what they've had to do? How do you know the record isn't finished? Ozzy released his album before the pandemic, ACDC haven't released shit yet, and Taylor Swift? Lol. Why are you so anxious? They will release music when they want to, are you holding your breath?

No one from Guns N' Roses have ever said that a "new album is imminent". Quite impossible and unreasonable to live up to made up promises, don't you think?

"new album in the next 6 months" is the very definition of "imminent". 

Not to mention the continual comments ever since CD came out that it's sequel would be with us very shortly.

Not sure why Taylor Swift writing recording and releasing a highly successful new album during pandemic is "lol" in your books. 

Rather abrasive for a new arrival aren't we? 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

How do you know what they've had to do? How do you know the record isn't finished? Ozzy released his album before the pandemic, ACDC haven't released shit yet, and Taylor Swift? Lol. Why are you so anxious? They will release music when they want to, are you holding your breath?

No one from Guns N' Roses have ever said that a "new album is imminent". Quite impossible and unreasonable to live up to made up promises, don't you think?

Fernando? Is that you? How do I know the album isn't finished? Well.. Because it's not in my hand fernando. If an album was finished it would be released. Thanks for dropping by, now please drop back off into Axls rectum. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Well it's almost a year now since Fernando told us that legendary "six months"-story

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

Same....I REALLY liked Matt!!  I thought he fit in pretty well. 

He seems like a cool enough guy too, someone I could have a beer with. Then again, I can have a beer with most anyone. He has the skills necessary to carry the band too.

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Isn’t it sad that AC/DC (with Brian instead of Axl) is getting an album out before GnR?

Sad? Nah, more like expected from Axl. 

On the positive side, AC/DC has a new album coming out and I can’t wait! And I don’t care if it’s as good as this album or that album they already released. It’s NEW MUSIC from a band I love! What an amazing concept.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

Sad? Nah, more like expected from Axl. 

On the positive side, AC/DC has a new album coming out and I can’t wait! And I don’t care if it’s as good as this album or that album they already released. It’s NEW MUSIC from a band I love! What an amazing concept.

100% this, and exactly my attitude! bands don't always have to reinvent the wheel every time, for me to enjoy all, or part of a new record. 

Axl and his dimwit management should watch and learn from AC/DC 1. they recorded all of this with minimal knowledge from anyone outside the loop (damn you Dee Snider!) 2. They have created a simple marketing scheme and people are excited. 3. AC/DC won't be able to tour, but I guarantee they will still sell a healthy amount of albums and get high streams for first week. 

Guns releasing an album this year during the pandemic is actually more likely to go in favour of it. People are starved for new content. 

Really looking forward to this new AC/DC record!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Izzy-Sorum is a great combo for this coming chapter.

There's no chance of Sorum. Unless he gets to be up front in the pictures with Axl Duff and Slash, he'll be a pissy teenager and make the whole thing miserable. We know he's a good drummer, but personality is more important in this case. It's like are you going to marry the person who is 10 in looks but they are an asshole? or an average looking person with a personality that compliments you? most would go with the latter and live happy ever after, other would go with the looks and end up divorced and penniless, it's an easy choice in my opinion😄

Just checked the Twitter post from 3 hrs ago.....crikey. What was once just an occasional request for new music has turned into most of the tweets being about new music or ‘flogging a dead horse’.

The ‘casuals’ are turning now......plus add in the negative response to Duffs Instagram post....interesting times ahead.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, axlvai said:

Izzy-Sorum is a great combo for this coming chapter.

Anything to improve this lineup... Izzy, Steven, Matt or even Gilby.. Watching these selects painfully showcase how stale it can be watching this lineup.  That said, Axl is usually the worst part of the performances.  I thinking having more classic members in the band would help to offset that..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Just checked the Twitter post from 3 hrs ago.....crikey. What was once just an occasional request for new music has turned into most of the tweets being about new music or ‘flogging a dead horse’.

The ‘casuals’ are turning now......plus add in the negative response to Duffs Instagram post....interesting times ahead.

Yep, I noticed this on Instagram. Every other comment is a complaint about new music and those comments get dozens of likes. They have shredded all their good will, and they don't give a fuck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anything to improve this lineup... Izzy, Steven, Matt or even Gilby.. Watching these selects painfully showcase how stale it can be watching this lineup.  That said, Axl is usually the worst part of the performances.  I thinking having more classic members in the band would help to offset that..

You just can't offset those vocals though, even with extra classic members. Even if the band is absolutely nailing it, and it's Steven and Izzy playing if Axl sounds bad, the band sounds bad.

I know you're saying it's a distraction from the vocal, but I wouldn't have any interest in hearing the AFD or UYI line up if Axl wasn't on form... I'd rather preserve 'some' good memories😄

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You just can't offset those vocals though, even with extra classic members. Even if the band is absolutely nailing it, and it's Steven and Izzy playing if Axl sounds bad, the band sounds bad.

I know you're saying it's a distraction from the vocal, but I wouldn't have any interest in hearing the AFD or UYI line up if Axl wasn't on form... I'd rather preserve 'some' good memories😄

What we've got now with Axl is what we're always going to have. I don't think we'll ever hear 2016 vocals or whatever again. I wouldn't care so much about it if Matt/Gilby/etc were there though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Yep, I noticed this on Instagram. Every other comment is a complaint about new music and those comments get dozens of likes. They have shredded all their good will, and they don't give a fuck.

But maybe those comments will show them that there's demand for a new record. That it's something requested... they didn't know how to release new music? Release it as a fucking record like you always did...

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

* The movie trailer guy’s voice * 

They have shredded all their good will, and they don't give a fuck.

ONE MAN

ONE DECISION 

THIS WINTER 

NEW RECORD

Are. You. Ready!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

* The movie trailer guy’s voice * 

They have shredded all their good will, and they don't give a fuck.

ONE MAN

ONE DECISION 

THIS WINTER 

NEW RECORD

Are. You. Ready!

I find it very positive that the casuals are now demanding something new. I hope one day they show those comments for the right person ;)

• Like 1