01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 hour ago, Dangom1 said:

To be fair to Axl, he's sounded worse at the start of tours, last night from what I've heard he sounded like he has since 2017, one minute he sounds like prime Axl (see the end of you're crazy, fucking brilliant) and then others he sounds horrific (Better) 

I

This was a good excuse when the mother fucker could still sing.

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Fair enough. If no new music at the SA shows it will be a standard setlist for europe with maybe  1 or 2 songs rotated.  Irrespective you should give us a review if you can.

Will do it’ll be my first time going to see them so I’ll enjoy it anyway no matter what 😀but new songs would just be the icing on the cake. For now I’m in the view of that there’s an album more or less done but it’s the fact that Axl has the last say in it doesn’t give me a lot of hope for now. But fingers crossed anyway. 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Will do it’ll be my first time going to see them so I’ll enjoy it anyway no matter what 😀but new songs would just be the icing on the cake. For now I’m in the view of that there’s an album more or less done but it’s the fact that Axl has the last say in it doesn’t give me a lot of hope for now. But fingers crossed anyway. 

Good for you. Just have fun . I think new songs would be the icing on the cake for everyone!. But have a good time no matter what. I agree new music would be done, just now a matter of when to release. We then have the illusion anniversary next year as well. New music would have to be released before the anniversary.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

this band has turned into something so lame i'm already feeling sad for having to see them twice on the european run. i can believe i bought tickets to see the fuckin same show i've been seeing for 4 years with a fat axl singing out of breath. so lame and i'm so mad at myself for falling to their bs again. i think i'm goin to sell them. this is  glorified tribute band with one set list. really disappointing

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

have fun no  matter what ppl say! It's going to my third show in Warsaw, and I'm going to have good time, no matter if they play same set list or not! :) ( including super crazy people I always meet :) )

• Like 3

Unless there’s a plan for the band to make a surprise appearance at the halftime show and debut something new, last night’s show was a massive disappointment. It’s just illogical, and insulting to the true fans, to roll out the same set list when a “new chapter” was being touted.

I didn’t want to believe that a tour in 2020 would be nothing but a cash grab, but it’s now difficult to think otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Unless there’s a plan for the band to make a surprise appearance at the halftime show and debut something new, last night’s show was a massive disappointment. It’s just illogical, and insulting to the true fans, to roll out the same set list when a “new chapter” was being touted.

I didn’t want to believe that a tour in 2020 would be nothing but a cash grab, but it’s now difficult to think otherwise.

Not sure if the next South American / Europe legs will be all new and different but I guess this Miami show was one just between the last leg and the next....not related to whatever and business as usual...
(...and for a first show after a time out it was very good....there have been worse first shows)

I guess the eye now shifts to SA. I kinda guessed last might would be the same old business as usual. I like that that they are moving into songs much quicker, those first 6 songs were played with no breaks. I didn't like that Axl was obviously struggling to keep up with the band. If I was in a band and the singer was having trouble keeping up with the music, I'd slow down the tempo to let them get their breath. If I heard them struggling to reach high notes, I'd transpose or tune down.... if I was the singer of a band and I was about to go on national tv, I wouldn't half ass the prep. 

Haven't seen many mention how bad the broadcast is going to be. It's not rio/bridge school... but jungle was poor which almost always gets aired, and so were the majority big big hits.

As for you're  crazy, it sounded like he couldn't decide how to sing, almost like he hadn't tried it before in rehearsals. 

Considering how could you're crazy sounded in 2012 this was far, far from good.

37 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If I was in a band and the singer was having trouble keeping up with the music, I'd slow down the tempo to let them get their breath.

In Axl's case slowing down the tempo definitely wouldn't help. Axl's at his best in fast paced songs like SOYL. It's much easier for him to sing with rasp in quick bursts of screams instead of long dragged out singing. Nice Boys is a good example of this. He always sounds great, strong and raspy in Nice Boys EXCEPT when he had to sing it in a much slower pace when he sang it with Angry Anderson. He sounded like Mickey when he had to sing it in a slower pace, but he always sounds badass on that song when they do it in fast tempo.

Rocket Queen is a good example of a slower paced GNR song. Axl never sounds good on it.

Going out of breath is not really Axl's problem. He has just permanently lost a bit of his voice and there's nothing he or anyone else can do about it.

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Amaya said:

No it is not the cynical Brit in you. Personally, I think it is just still unbelievable. Here in the USA, things are done overboard. I like how they dedicated KOHD, but why not a flash  picture of all 9 . These were Kobe's friends. His pilot. His daughters 2 friends.Rheir parebts. His daughter's coach.  I am sure Snoop had a dedication too..  We ain't seen nothing.  I am SURE before or after The National Anthem, there will be a dedication moment if silence. I know at half tume, Jennifer Lopez , will do a dedication. No you are not cynical, but yes, overkill with everone jumping in the dedication bandwagon,it seems tacky. 

Here in the states if you didn’t know that more died, you’d think it was just Kobe.  Hardly even a mention of the 8 others.  There was another family who lost the mom, dad and daughter leaving an  orphaned sister behind.  This tragedy involved more that the Bryant’s.