Is it worth buying a ticket for 2021?

1 hour ago, Ant said:

You would risk Bill Gates’ microchip vaccine for NITL’s fifth year??

💉 

Do people actually believe that nonsense?! I'd take any vaccine to be honest (maybe not Putin's) if it worked and helped get things back to normal. But even with a vaccine I don't think I'd fork out £100+ for a ticket for 2021. The economic future of mine and my wife's careers are very uncertain to say the least.

• Like 4

I wouldn't, no. 

If the shows happen it will be very easy to get a ticket a couple of days before, as sales are very weak, and you'll most likely get one for a cheap price. 

I'm having tremendous difficulty getting my money back for a cancelled show, so personally wouldn't buy anything now if it's less than 99 per cent likely to happen. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Nope.

Not without a vaccine.

LOL.   Zero cure for common cold, cancer, aids, influenza....I wouldn’t hold breath for a vaccine anytime soon for this.   And I wouldn’t take it either.  

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I wouldn't, no. 

If the shows happen it will be very easy to get a ticket a couple of days before, as sales are very weak, and you'll most likely get one for a cheap price. 

I'm having tremendous difficulty getting my money back for a cancelled show, so personally wouldn't buy anything now if it's less than 99 per cent likely to happen. 

Yep. I got my money back and as soon as we are back to normal and shows are a for sure then I will re-buy tickets.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Suit yourself by "LOL" ing at my views, but my wife is pregnant, I have a breathing issue, and two members of my wife's family have died of COVID. So people can LOL at me as much as they want, but until there's a vaccine I wont be sharing a sweaty mosh pit with 10,000 others.

Well I’m sorry for your situation but I just wouldn’t hold breath for a vaccine.  They’ve been working for decades on other vaccines and no go.  Good luck.  

• Like 2

If you never saw Axl or Guns N' Roses live, 100% yes. But if you saw NITL already.. absoluty no. I will sell my tickets for Hamburg and Munich if the tour is the same, no new songs. Leipzig was very good, a nice summer gig. Weather was nice. I should leave it at that.

6 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Do people actually believe that nonsense?! 

Yeah man. Qanon, microchip vaccines, we’re through the looking glass. 

I guess that means I also need to clarify that I don’t believe that... I’m just a hilarious comedic poster, ya see... 🙃.

There’s at least 6 good vaccine candidates in phase 3 so we should be good. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people who prefer CD over AFD are also anti-vaccers, though, so maybe a GNR show is still dangerous for a few years...

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

If you never saw Axl or Guns N' Roses live, 100% yes. But if you saw NITL already.. absoluty no. I will sell my tickets for Hamburg and Munich if the tour is the same, no new songs. Leipzig was very good, a nice summer gig. Weather was nice. I should leave it at that.

You might want to get rid of that Hamburg ticket.....the gig was cancelled about a month ago! 

As I said to someone else who had asked this question, I would wait if I were you. You don't know what the situation will be in a year from now. Hopefully, there will be a vaccine or some type of medical treatment. I bought my tickets at MetLife before the lockdown. The only thing my childhood friend and I were concerned about was if GNR would actually reschedule. The new date works for both of us. I also got really good seats.  It's in the section where I usually sit for NY Giants games. 

I am curious what the concert situation is going to be like next year, I get the feeling sports will allow fans back in attendance but I am sure at a reduced capacity (maybe 40%?) and there will be social distance safeguards, I can't imagine the concert industry wanting to take another year off so I am guessing it is going to be a similar thing, but for events that have been postponed and they already sold like 80% of the tickets how are they going to determine who gets to go, my guess is they are probably going to give everyone a refund and just sell the tickets at an inflated price to try and recoup the losses

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Thanks, I shall wait.

If you’re in the UK there’s not much harm in buying now, you’d be able to get a refund from Ticketmaster pretty easily if the worst happens. Up to you, if you want to go and have the money now then logic dictates you should buy a ticket. I already have (for the cancelled shows), if I didn’t I’d probably want to get my hands on a ticket now. Something to look forward to right?

Regarding the arguments against (the possibility of picking up something cheaper nearer the time), if everybody did that there would be no show, although I do understand the incentive. It would make it easier to plan the weekend in London (if you’re in Durham) with tickets in hand now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carburetta said:

If you’re in the UK there’s not much harm in buying now, you’d be able to get a refund from Ticketmaster pretty easily if the worst happens. Up to you, if you want to go and have the money now then logic dictates you should buy a ticket. I already have (for the cancelled shows), if I didn’t I’d probably want to get my hands on a ticket now. Something to look forward to right?

Regarding the arguments against (the possibility of picking up something cheaper nearer the time), if everybody did that there would be no show, although I do understand the incentive. It would make it easier to plan the weekend in London (if you’re in Durham) with tickets in hand now.

....or if everybody waited for cheap tickets they might get the impression tickets are way too pricey and reduce the price even quicker! And consider that in the future when setting their prices from the offset. 

I genuinely can't see one reason to buy a ticket for any gig right now. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Suit yourself by "LOL" ing at my views, but my wife is pregnant, I have a breathing issue, and two members of my wife's family have died of COVID. So people can LOL at me as much as they want, but until there's a vaccine I wont be sharing a sweaty mosh pit with 10,000 others.

Then dont. But we will.

• Like 1