09/16/21 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Anyone from the Chicago area- I'm coming in from Iowa on I-90. How much should I have with me for the tolls? This is my first time driving through Chicago on my own :lol:

The last time I drove through Chicago was when covid ramped up. On the way to my destination from Michigan (visited Minneapolis) I spent something like $15-$20 in tolls or perhaps more. The booths had people in them who I gave the money to. On the way back, they closed them all because of covid and you just drove through, then later went online where you look up your vehicle based on license plate (they have cameras) and pay it online. It's a major pain either way. 

Give yourself an extra 30-45 minutes and find a route without tolls, if possible before hand. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Anyone from the Chicago area- I'm coming in from Iowa on I-90. How much should I have with me for the tolls? This is my first time driving through Chicago on my own :lol:

Bring change. I don't know how much they are but unless things have changed from 2 years ago, sometimes you need exact change. Either that or you can pay the tolls online afterwards, just note the time and plaza. It's cheaper if you have iPass or something compatible with it but too late for that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

You tell 'em Russ, Chicago may be the Windy City, but Detroit is DETROIT ROCK CITY god damnit!

It's just such an easy target and way out of date. I take a lot of pride in being from Detroit. I love this city and wouldn't trade it for living anywhere else in the world.

I'm the type of person who always roots for the underdog, so it's been amazing to watch everything that's developed over the past decade. Very proud of my city and all the people who work hard to make it amazing :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Ha if anything it’s Chicago that needs a make over. I’m sure downtown is beautiful but the surrounding areas? Crime capital 

Clearly someone who’s not from Chicago. I live in the city outside of the downtown area. 

11 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Just curious where do u find these $59 pit tickets? Ticketmaster?

so I’m prepared for Baltimore. Not lookin good tho. The arena only holds 14K😞

For the Chicago show, the tickets can be had from the official source, which is the Cubs site. If Baltimore is sold through Ticketmaster, then yes, that’s where the discounted tickets will be leading up the show. Just filter out all the other bullshit like platinum tickets and resellers. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's 10am in Detroit. I'm going to debate this all day until 5pm. Dammit. Lol

Time is still on your side. It's a long drive, but I reckon should you convince your son to join you, those 5 hours with Absurd on repeat will fly by!

• Haha 3

I didn’t get much sleep these last couple of nights so I might fall asleep right before they finally play HardSkool lol.

Pretty crazy though that tonight we might finally get the first actual new song played live since 2009, and the first song played pre-release since 2006 (Absurd doesn’t fully count since it was played in 2001 as Silkworms).

Im trying not to get my hopes up though…

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Time is still on your side. It's a long drive, but I reckon should you convince your son to join you, those 5 hours with Absurd on repeat will fly by!

I could just put KOHD on from a recent show. I could listen to the first half on the way there and the second half on the way home! 

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I didn’t get much sleep these last couple of nights so I might fall asleep right before they finally play HardSkool lol.

Pretty crazy though that tonight we might finally get the first actual new song played live since 2009, and the first song played pre-release since 2006 (Absurd doesn’t fully count since it was played in 2001 as Silkworms).

Im trying not to get my hopes up though…

Oh snap. I didn't think about that aspect. I keep forgetting that Absurb was played so long ago. Shit, you're right. That would be cool. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I could just put KOHD on from a recent show. I could listen to the first half on the way there and the second half on the way home! 

Oh snap. I didn't think about that aspect. I keep forgetting that Absurb was played so long ago. Shit, you're right. That would be cool. 

Signed, sealed and....Enjoy the show livestream when they're on🤣

• Like 1