08/13/21 - Missoula, MT - Grizzly Stadium

alfierose

7 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Thanks but many setlists from setlist.fm are wrong.  This one looks to be inaccurate as well.  They played Patience prior to Paradise City, not Don't Cry.

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

Thanks but many setlists from setlist.fm are wrong.  This one looks to be inaccurate as well.  They played Patience prior to Paradise City, not Don't Cry.

Weird, it said Patience not Don’t Cry when I copied the link. Someone must be screwing with it. 

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That's where the paradise city video was shot

But why are people so sure that a full concert pro-shot exists?, didn't they record just the PC video?, I'm really curious because I just started seeing these petitions a week ago, so I guess there's news about it.

Patience (looks like stream video) and Slash solo/SCOM (new vantage point) are on the tube currently. Outside of the pit not being full it appears the rest of the stadium ended up decently packed. 

Edit: The Slash solo/SCOM vid is great sound and angle. Hopefully that person has more videos.

Edited by Martin Riggs

1 hour ago, NicoGNR5 said:

But why are people so sure that a full concert pro-shot exists?, didn't they record just the PC video?, I'm really curious because I just started seeing these petitions a week ago, so I guess there's news about it.

They shot a musicvideo for Paradise City but there are scenes from other songs (diffrent clothes, diffrent sun angle). I'm not talking about the Donnington Part. Maybe they shot the whole (1 hour?) set and create the music video for PC mainly with the PC performance but with other cool shots from other songs from the set. Who knows

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

They shot a musicvideo for Paradise City but there are scenes from other songs (diffrent clothes, diffrent sun angle). I'm not talking about the Donnington Part. Maybe they shot the whole (1 hour?) set and create the music video for PC mainly with the PC performance but with other cool shots from other songs from the set. Who knows

They played PC twice at Giants. That could possibly explain the sun angle but maybe not the clothes? 

I’m not sure if she streamed it but a night train has been uploaded shot from the stage where Meegan typically is sitting. 

Update: Definitely Meegan’s video as you can hear her screaming in parts. Always a beautiful sight to see Axl hanging on Slash while he’s ripping a solo…seemed impossible not that long ago.

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

They played PC twice at Giants. That could possibly explain the sun angle but maybe not the clothes? 

They didn't played PC twice. I have the audio bootleg. They played Easy, Brownstone, PC, Crazy, OTGM, Jungle, SCOM and UTLH. It was only a 1 hour gig. After that Deep Purple and Aerosmith played

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

They didn't played PC twice. I have the audio bootleg. They played Easy, Brownstone, PC, Crazy, OTGM, Jungle, SCOM and UTLH. It was only a 1 hour gig. After that Deep Purple and Aerosmith played

Thanks! Slash got it wrong in his biography:

Slash: We played Giants Stadium on that tour, with Deep Purple on the bill. That stadium is so huge and we had so much room on that stage that we could really run around; we were always good at that. We did a forty-five-minute set and we played "Paradise City" twice because we were shooting it for a video. The crowd just freaked. That stadium can hold eighty thousand, and even though it wasn't completely full, we'd never played to a crowd that large. The energy was incredible. It was one of those moments when I truly realized how popular we were becoming in the "real" world. It was a moment of clarity [Slash's autobiograohy, p 233].