08/13/21 - Missoula, MT - Grizzly Stadium

alfierose

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Thanks! Slash got it wrong in his biography:

Slash: We played Giants Stadium on that tour, with Deep Purple on the bill. That stadium is so huge and we had so much room on that stage that we could really run around; we were always good at that. We did a forty-five-minute set and we played "Paradise City" twice because we were shooting it for a video. The crowd just freaked. That stadium can hold eighty thousand, and even though it wasn't completely full, we'd never played to a crowd that large. The energy was incredible. It was one of those moments when I truly realized how popular we were becoming in the "real" world. It was a moment of clarity [Slash's autobiograohy, p 233].

you can listen the audio they only played it once. Maybe Slash switched or mixed his memory with Welcome To The Jungle. Because for Welcome To The Junge they played twice for the musicvideo.

Sorry for that off topic admins-- i know it's off topic

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

So far, the best show from the videos that i’ve seen (easy, brownstone, ycbm, scom, NR).

Axl’s voice cracked in the end of the fast part of YCBM. Man, that hurts. I feel sorry for him, at least he is trying so hard. 

The band is tight and Axl is improving show by show. It’s the best November rain since 2017, IMO.

Yeah he sounded decent for most of YCBM. NV was decent too! I mean he's still warming up, but the improvements he's made are working, slowly but surely. If this was the first show of the tour we would be flipping out right now

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Axl's definitely improved, at leased he's not skipping lines now in ycbm. The Live & Let Die video didn't sound too bad

Agreed. I am impressed because I thought that the elevation might have had an impact on him. I'm not too much worried about Denver now.

On a side note, Slash is doing more improvisation on guitar solos lately and I dig it.

Edited by Carne_asaDA
Because of merge, added transition.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I would agree if the shows were for free

This is the logic that gets you shows where the setlist is made up of the greatest and other safe choices.

You can't have it both ways.

If you want deep cuts and new music then Axl can't worry about how the audience will react because the audience is always going to react the most to SCOM, Jungle, PC, NR, KOHD, etc.

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

you can listen the audio they only played it once. Maybe Slash switched or mixed his memory with Welcome To The Jungle. Because for Welcome To The Junge they played twice for the musicvideo.

Sorry for that off topic admins-- i know it's off topic

He also could have mixed up the fact that there are some clips from Donington in the music video as well, so he may have been thinking of two performances on that front too.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Dead Horse really isn't working now, so yeah.

It was getting better.. Axl just needed to play it more. Just like You're Crazy gets better every show.. The first two, it was like he didn't even know the song.. By the Detroit show it was awesome.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I dig that they're doing that. It may sound like a minor thing, but it really helps the energy of the show when they do something as small as change the order of songs from night to night. 

I think ditching all the Pyro and click tracks allows them to do this. I never really had a problem with the setlists but this makes it even better. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

He also could have mixed up the fact that there are some clips from Donington in the music video as well, so he may have been thinking of two performances on that front too.

This shot is clearly from Giants Stadium and not from the performance of Paradise City, And there is more shots from diffrent perfomances of this gig in the first part of the video

1LqCtfK.jpg 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Agreed. I am impressed because I thought that the elevation might have had an impact on him. I'm not too much worried about Denver now.

On a side note, Slash is doing more improvisation on guitar solos lately and I dig it.

I keep saying this but you won’t even notice in person. It comes across so powerful in person that it’s the last thing you’re thinking about.

Great that he’s warming up though. His voice is so high pitched and unique it’s probably easy to pick holes in it. I still think he sounds great.