Honestly how would a new album even work?

1 hour ago, denin said:

Josh Freese, Brain, Bucket, Brian May & Robin would like to have a word with you.

You just confirmed my words, lol. 

48 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

CD2 with Buckethead, Brain, and Robin would be amazing.

I'd love for this to happen. 

Someday the 2006-2008 CD2 with Bumblefoot and Frank parts will probably leak. 

I would rather want to her the pre-2006 versions 

22 hours ago, jamillos said:

Exactly, that makes no sense. The only case where this would be reasonable is some sort of a huge box set with a back-catalogue selection throughout all the eras, but I don’t see this happening as the upcoming release. 

They toured the best of (+ CD) in 2016–2019. No more, please. 

I hear ya- but just trying to keep it realistic. Just don’t see how Axl’s ever going to be comfortable that his art will be given full label support (even w/Slash n’ Duff back). As long as that’s the case- I think our best hope is that he agrees to toss in a few “new”/reworked tracks to a record assured to be successful, and marketed- like a Best Of...

On 4/27/2021 at 5:39 AM, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

I hear ya- but just trying to keep it realistic. Just don’t see how Axl’s ever going to be comfortable that his art will be given full label support (even w/Slash n’ Duff back). As long as that’s the case- I think our best hope is that he agrees to toss in a few “new”/reworked tracks to a record assured to be successful, and marketed- like a Best Of...

I’d say he can choose a different label and start anew. Any old binding contracts can be bought out; they made half a billion from the latest tour. What we really need is a new album and a gradual incorporation of new songs in the playlist. 

Edited by jamillos

On 4/26/2021 at 12:03 AM, Rovim said:

if Axl is emotionally attached to that material and thinks it's great shit, why would he not use it? we know what his approach was with Chinese. Maybe the quality of it is more important than how old the tunes are. I think it would take too much time, even more time for Gn'R to start from scratch compared to whatever Axl is doing now which could be trying to add Slash and Duff to what he managed to record with the previous lineups.

No offense but that is Axl's problem. Maybe he could work some of the lyrics or song themes into new compositions.

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

No offense but that is Axl's problem. Maybe he could work some of the lyrics or song themes into new compositions.

depends on the kind of album Axl wants to release and if it's anything like Chinese, maybe there are already songs in place that Axl wants to use and he already reached a point where he's satisfied with what it says musically for the most part so maybe he always had the intention to release that material and just wants Slash and Duff to be added to it.

Edited by Rovim

It get the point. Slash will be adding adding new parts. He won't play Robin or Buckets parts verbatim, just like he hasn't on the released Chinese material. 

I can't say for sure that Robin and Buckets playing won't appear anywhere on the album... but I'd be a bit surprised if Slash hasn't gone and put his stamp all over the material scrubbing them off it outside of times where Axl said "I really like this idea of theirs right here". 

It will be a frankenstein though, there's no question. However it might bridge the gap between Chinese fan and classic era because Slash will make it way more rock n roll sleazy.

5 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Guys, Robin Finck left Guns N Roses in 2008. Buckethead in 2004. What fucking planet are you lot living on to think that they would appear on any new GNR album when Slash is in the band now! Like, seriously!? What the actual fuck?!

The planet called W.Axl.Rose

I personally prefer
- CDII (pre 2006 Bucket/Robin/Brain) released at Christmas 2021 
- Current lineup proper new album released 2022 with a worldwide tour

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Guys, Robin Finck left Guns N Roses in 2008. Buckethead in 2004. What fucking planet are you lot living on to think that they would appear on any new GNR album when Slash is in the band now! Like, seriously!? What the actual fuck?!

Only the hardcore CD fans think like this. Won't ever happen. It was gnrs least popular era and obviously it didnt appeal to the masses otherwise they wouldnt of struggled to sell 500k copies and struggle to pack out stadiums after the release.

Slash and duff will completely redo their parts. Axl on the other hand who knows if he decides to use 22 year old vocals or actually record new ones. I just hope its not another over produced over layered mess like CD was. 

5 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

If they release anything, it wouldn't surprise me if the credits were intentionally vague. Like instead of saying 'Guitar solo - Slash, Rhythm guitar - Richard' it will just say 'all songs written and performed by Guns N' Roses'.

Slash will handle almost all the leads of course, but the rhythm guitars or maybe the odd lick here or there could be a patchwork of Richard, Slash, Paul, Axl, Robin, Bucket or whoever else, especially if they're CD era songs that have been 'done' for 15 years. Nothing about this band is logical...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

The planet called W.Axl.Rose

I personally prefer
- CDII (pre 2006 Bucket/Robin/Brain) released at Christmas 2021 
- Current lineup proper new album released 2022 with a worldwide tour

Keep smoking that crack. How many would they sell? 10k records for the CD fanboys and upset everyone else who was waiting for a slash/duff/axl release. Also no touring off that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vloors said:

Only the hardcore CD fans think like this. Won't ever happen. It was gnrs least popular era and obviously it didnt appeal to the masses otherwise they wouldnt of struggled to sell 500k copies and struggle to pack out stadiums after the release.

Slash and duff will completely redo their parts. Axl on the other hand who knows if he decides to use 22 year old vocals or actually record new ones. I just hope its not another over produced over layered mess like CD was. 

Don't start with BS sales figures that you can't back up. The suggested sales worldwide are min 2million, look it up and stop looking at American specific figures. Not going argue that they struggled to sell tickets from 2012 on, but before that outside of America they were doing good business 2006-2010. Everybody knows what happened!

Next.

Axl doesn't view the record that way, he considers it a success in some ways. So yeah, he will be running with the other material he wrote before Slash returned. Hopefully not JUST his material though, hopefully he collaborates on some new Slash material too. 

Robin/Bucket etc. Yep, in any normal band they wouldn't even be a thought when it comes to a new record 10/20yrs after they left the band. Gnr are not normal. When CD came out Brain played on the majority of the record even though Frank was the current drummer... there are songs where Frank and Brain both play where Frank could have easily played the whole (album) thing but Axl really liked Brain's part here and Frank's take in other spots. So yeah, the idea that past members could be somewhere on there is not that out of the question. My personal preference is they wipe the slate and let Slash/Duff/Richard retrack the parts.

Anyone hoping to hear an official version of the 2014 CD2, you're out of luck never happening outside of the eventual emptying if the vault in 20/30yrs and we'll all be too old to care by then! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

That isn't a crazy idea however i would release the new album first then release the CDII stuff as a kinda side-solo project deal.

Or maybe as the bonus disc of a box set? 

• Like 1

Here's the deal, you'll never hear any finished material with Finck and Bucket. Maybe when Axl is long gone and the Lebeis family needed to milk on something... but then again the general mass won't buy that shit.

Slash will probably re-do the solos like he did with Back Off Bitch(a tobias song btw) and etc...

Edited by GoForJMark

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they release anything, it wouldn't surprise me if the credits were intentionally vague. Like instead of saying 'Guitar solo - Slash, Rhythm guitar - Richard' it will just say 'all songs written and performed by Guns N' Roses'.

Slash will handle almost all the leads of course, but the rhythm guitars or maybe the odd lick here or there could be a patchwork of Richard, Slash, Paul, Axl, Robin, Bucket or whoever else, especially if they're CD era songs that have been 'done' for 15 years. Nothing about this band is logical...

WTF! My God, do you realise how bloody difficult it is to mix and EQ that scenario? Like it is just easier to re-record one guitar player playing the parts. I am going to assume you are on the wind up here as that is just bizarre what ya said there!

Yep, a box set comprising all eras is the only way we could ever hear the original recordings with Bucket/Finck etc. Thinking that Axl would leave this stuff on the new record is bordering on ludicrous, whether because of royalties or the fact that people haven't waited for Slash for over 2 decades just to receive an album with some guys from Axl's solo era, as many view it undoubtedly; that would make no sense. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 4:12 AM, Draguns said:

The one thing that we do know about the next album is that Hard School will probably be on it. Otherwise, they wouldn't have rehearsed it.  

They rehearsed Oh My God for Rock In Rio 2011. But didn't make on the setlist 2011 - 2014. For me a killer track and one of the best songs Post-UYI 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

They rehearsed Oh My God for Rock In Rio 2011. But didn't make on the setlist 2011 - 2014. For me a killer track and one of the best songs Post-UYI 

Plus they'd played it live, but it didn't make it on the album. Yeah, them rehearsing HS doesn't necessarily mean it will be on the new record. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yep, a box set comprising all eras is the only way we could ever hear the original recordings with Bucket/Finck etc. Thinking that Axl would leave this stuff on the new record is bordering on ludicrous, whether because of royalties or the fact that people haven't waited for Slash for over 2 decades just to receive an album with some guys from Axl's solo era, as many view it undoubtedly; that would make no sense. 

Bang on pal! 100% agree with that rational view. As an aside, I'm never entirely sure if people advocating some of the more whacky views on here are just at the wind up or not!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

As I previously said, this time Slash and Duff rehearsed it with Axl. A bit of a difference