Axl interview- Joe Rogan or Howard Stern?

You have to think more outside the box. 

Zane Lowe, Apple music 1.

His interviews are outstanding as he comes from seeing things from the prospective, of being a musician himself.

The artists tend to more confortable answering questions, due to his approach and knowledge of the process of being a musician. 

Trent Reznor is not the most easiest person to interview, but Zanes approached allowed Raznor to be relaxed and comfortable.

His passion for music come out within the first 5 minutes of his interview with the pumpkins a few years ago and Billy Corgan ran with it.. That interview was amazing to listen to, due to the response of Corgan and his answers to questions.. 

Lowes musical career as part of Urban Disturbance and Breaks Co - Op is legendary in New Zealand, Australia and the UK. 

Amazing song writer.. 

Edited by kiwiguns

30 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

His interviews are outstanding as he comes from seeing things from the prospective, of being a musician himself.

The artists tend to more confortable answering questions, due to his approach and knowledge of the process of being a musician. 

Trent Reznor is not the most easiest person to interview, but Zanes approached allowed Raznor to be relaxed and comfortable.

His passion for music come out within the first 5 minutes of his interview with the pumpkins a few years ago and Billy Corgan run with it..

Lowes musical career as part of Urban Disturbance and Breaks Co - Op is legendary in New Zealand, Australia and the UK. 

Amazing song writer.. 

I 2nd this. Zane Lowe is a fantastic interviewer. 

48 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

His passion for music come out within the first 5 minutes of his interview with the pumpkins a few years ago and Billy Corgan ran with it.. That interview was amazing to listen to, due to the response of Corgan and his answers to questions.. 

Amazing song writer.. 

never heard of him, but thanks for the share. See, something good can come of a pointless thread. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Amazing song writer.. 

He would be a good choice too.

6 hours ago, eggers said:

Anyone but Rogan. 

Jamie? 

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Amazing song writer.. 

I don't know. I find him a bit "industry" ... "oh my god, this record is so amazing, although you always had the funk" paraphrased but that's the shite he said to Dave Grohl talking about the latest FF album. Listening to Nirvana and the majority of FF material I can say Dave Grohl is a great musician but there was almost zero percent funk before this album. ...anyway my point is Zane is a brown noser that does his research, but to me it feels a bit disingenuous. I remember watching him on MTV2 he used to be less "professional". I do enjoy some of his interviews though, he definitely isn't the worst by any means. 

I think Marc Maron might do a good job with Axl. Or Steve Austin. Steve Austin for the win!!

I think Rogan could be fun. It might end up a stream of consciousness as they flit from one random topic to another but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting. I think most here would be thrilled to have 3 hours of Axl talking about anything.

Stern might ask more pointed and relevant questions but probably wouldn't get the best out of Axl and Axl probably wouldn't do it in the first place. There's an outside chance he might agree to a Rogan podcast if asked.

Can’t stand Rogan (terrible interviewer) and love Howard, so easy choice for me.

But agree with others; would prefer Axl hit up Brando’s podcast since Brando knows his stuff.

Second choice would be Elton John’s Rocketman podcast.  It would be interesting to hear Axl interact with someone he idolizes and respects as a musician, performer, and songwriter.  Would love to hear a group discussion with Elton, Axl, and Billy Joel. 

• Like 3

NPR with Terry Gross, which at first I was half-kidding about but honestly I think she would think of some very thoughtful questions regarding the psychology of Axl's tendencies the past couple decades. 

It would provide us with more to digest than Joe Rogan asking Axl if he has ever done DMT or modern day Stern asking softball questions and letting Marianne from Brooklyn call in telling Axl how much she loves him

Edited by WhazUp

I reckon the 'book' he mentioned at the China Exchange is basically a sort of extended legal deposition detailing his side of events surrounding disputes, something that could in theory be expanded into an autobiography if it was made less to sound like a list of incidents of him being in the right. That's possibly how the Slash book began as well. But I don't think Axl has the appetite for an autobiography. I think he regards his (limited) lyrical output as his 'story' for the world. Slash is not a lyricist but was expressive in interviews so easy to see how a book suited him. Also to attempt to put all the questions to rest too, as he said.

Stern or Rogan hmm. Either might try to tease stuff out of him. Rogan more gently. Stern is quite full on but Axl already knows him. I don't think he'd do either though, he feels no obligation and it's not fun for him. 

Edited by Nice Boy

On 6/28/2021 at 6:03 PM, ronartest2004 said:

If Axl were to do an interview between either Joe Rogan or Howard Stern who out of those 2 would you want Axl to sit down with?

Both are going to kiss ass. So no serious question.

Only Kurt Loder has the ability and politics to ask Axl legit questions.

How about Marc Maron's WTF podcast? That could be cool too

Ultimately I don't think Axl would sign up for a "ask me about everything you think I have done wrong" interrogation no matter how much I would want to see that lol so I think it would be a matter of what personality can hang with Axl and have a fun chemistry together - of which I think Marc would.  I enjoyed his interview with Slash not too long ago

I really like Steve Jones (Jonesy's Jukebox), he may not come across as a professional interviewer but that's kind of the appeal, it's more like just watching him and another musician having a casual conversation, more natural in a way. He's not out to dig for a scandal. Maybe it's easier to vibe off him as as viewer if you're British too, sort of get what his personality and manner is about. 

4 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Have you? Serious question. 

Agreed, though I think Joe is a cool guy I cannot understand how anyone on Earth could think he is on any level a serious interviewer. Most of his interactions are cringeworthy.