Axl interview- Joe Rogan or Howard Stern?

Joe Rogan... Probably the one that wouldn't be scared to ask Axl difficult questions ...

But it isnt his style  to "confront" his guests...

And there's a problem... The way Axl is they will talk for 3 hours about Sedona, conspiracy theories and alternative treatments

Rogan. Stern is a better interviewer but is a complete cunt. I don't think I'd even watch the full thing though, I haven't found Axl very interesting the last decade. The only interview I'd like to see from him is an in-depth discussion of the songwriting of process of all the songs he's written, like the complete stories behind November Rain, Shackler's Revenge, The General, ect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beto 22 said:

Joe Rogan... Probably the one that wouldn't be scared to ask Axl difficult questions ...

But it isnt his style  to "confront" his guests...

And there's a problem... The way Axl is they will talk for 3 hours about Sedona, conspiracy theories and alternative treatments

What's the problem with that? I am so curious about all that part of his life in 90s & 00s. 

Like Axl said at China exchange, he has a book that he's writing but he doesn't know how to word it now that he's made up with Slash etc. I'd imagine there's also a fear of a freeform interview like Joe Rogan "what if he goes rogue and asks something awkward". End of the day, Joe Rogan isn't the greatest interviewer but he's proven that he can have a big star on and not go for the salacious scoops. Howard Stern would be my preference still. Howard has said for years that he would love to interview Axl, I think he'd ask a lot of questions about the break up and probably get more juicy details for nerds like us... but I just want to hear about past life regressions therapy, sedona and chemical peels😄

44 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Anyone and that includes Eddie Trunk :lol: But I think Howard would do a good interview.

Eddie would do the detailed interview, but he isn't going to push Axl too far. Joe Rogan doesn't give a fuck if Axl walks off, he'll have another guest the next day! Trunk has to play nice or he loses access to Slash and the extended GNR family.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Eddie would do the detailed interview, but he isn't going to push Axl too far. Joe Rogan doesn't give a fuck if Axl walks off, he'll have another guest the next day! Trunk has to play nice or he loses access to Slash and the extended GNR family.

I think Eddie is already on shaky ground with Slash etc. Wasn't there some drama at one of the festivals in 2019 or something?

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Brando or bust

Yes haha

My pick would be Dave Grohl, he knows how to have good conversations with these guys. Or Todd Kerns could do a video chat with him like he's done with his other friends.

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think Eddie is already on shaky ground with Slash etc. Wasn't there some drama at one of the festivals in 2019 or something?

Yes haha

My pick would be Dave Grohl, he knows how to have good conversations with these guys. Or Todd Kerns could do a video chat with him like he's done with his other friends.

There's a guy called Jeremy White, he does interviews with def Leppard and a bunch of others. He says anything😅 he was interviewing Phil Collen and he asks him direct about Vince Neil's voice. Most interviewers would be too scared to ask a tough question. Only catch is Axl hasn't worked with mutt lange😄

• Like 1

Stern would give the best interview that would really go into Axls mind set etc. 

Rogan would be fun bc they would just get high and talk about tigers or some 3rd party shit that noone cares about and yet for some reason is interesting.  

appetite for distortion gets my vote as the source who should interview Axl.  would definitely change some of the feeling that GNR hate their fans if they let a fan interview Axl.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1