08/27/21 - Las Vegas, NV - Allegiant Stadium

Powerage5

I don’t see how they play hard school tonight. The band doesn’t even go on for a few more hours and they won’t even be 1/3rd done with before it’s midnight on the east coast. Odd timing for a release digitally unless they play it tonight and wait a week to release digitally? Idk just seems like odd timing. 

side note: hope Axl wears the football jersey tonight 

I read the stadium charges $80-100 for parking for the show. What a crock of shit. I mean I get you can probably take some kinda shuttle/bus from the hotels for less than $10 but still..it’s not like people are going to be tailgating outside as it’s over 100 degrees out. 

1 minute ago, GS67 said:

I’m not sure why people are so convinced HS debuts tonight 

Same here. The production company flying out can simply be because Guns will be one of the first big acts at this stadium, and maybe they want to check it out or help out. Meegan posting a clip of HS hardly means anything since it is an open secret and Fernando already confirmed it is in the pipeline.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GS67 said:

I’m not sure why people are so convinced HS debuts tonight 

It definitely has the vibes that something special could happen tonight but with GnR usually when it feels like something special will happen it doesn't happen for at least a few more shows, if at all lol

2 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I don’t see how they play hard school tonight. The band doesn’t even go on for a few more hours and they won’t even be 1/3rd done with before it’s midnight on the east coast. Odd timing for a release digitally unless they play it tonight and wait a week to release digitally? Idk just seems like odd timing. 

Absurd didn't come out the night they debuted it either. Bands play unreleased new material all the time, sometimes way before it comes out. That said this is GNR so don't put it past them to just do what they want and release the song any time without logical explanation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Absurd was on the setlist for Hershey but wasn't played for whatever reason, and was released a week later... they could play it tonight and release the digital version in a week. If they were gonna do it this week, it would've been at 12 AM today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

They played Absurd twice before they released it.

Also I'd like to think that they'll do a bit more of promo for this one before they release it, like post a teaser/snippet of it a week earlier to build up anticipation.

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

It definitely has the vibes that something special could happen tonight but with GnR usually when it feels like something special will happen it doesn't happen for at least a few more shows, if at all lol

I’m more curious on if the uniform numbers mean anything . 12 1 1 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

They played Absurd live days before they released it. Also you can release a song on YouTube or whatever whenever you want. It’s typically done on Fridays at 12AM (so basically late Thursday night EST time) these days but nothing is stopping you from doing it at a different time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

1) Axl never soundchecks on showdays so that has no meaning 2) that image is weeks old and 3) but you forgot the video creators of HS are flying out to this show after they were also there for the Absurd debut. 

That combined with the meegan HS clip where she left the audio on for the first time is atleast a 70-75% chance to me.

He did soundcheck when they added Locomotive and Dead Horse to the set in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

He did soundcheck when they added Locomotive and Dead Horse to the set in 2019. 

On the showdays specifically? You've got an amazing memory if you know that lol, or you didn't get that I meant specifically on showdays, not that he never soundchecks for new songs. If you read the thread I didn't think they were gonna play it tonight because Axl wasnt at soundcheck today, but then Blackstar said that Axl never soundchecks on showdays, so it has no significance that he wasn't there now (on the question whether they're playing it tonight)

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Judging by ticketmaster the place will be packed tonight. Not very many blue seats left

I think there were a lot of tickets left before today but I’d imagine they’ll get it looking pretty full by GNR time considering it’s Vegas and lots of people are around looking for something to do if you give them a great deal.  

Edited by Martin Riggs