08/27/21 - Las Vegas, NV - Allegiant Stadium

Powerage5

1 minute ago, Ak1nney said:

Yeah. A few thread pages back had a orange screen that said SKOOL and had a woman basically bent over in skimpy clothing in front of the words.

Oh.....I thought there was something from them checking with screens today b/c what i saw they were off.  That post you are talking about are from another sound check or something, I think it was posted before they even started sound check today.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Oh don't be grumpy City has never won Europe and never will......

i couldn't care less about city, I'm a SL Benfica (2 champions leagues and that is 2 more than city) fan. I was just excited to see what guardiola would do with cr7 in the team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

I think they've sounchecked hardschool at every show from this tour. No real reason to be excited now. 

Yes, I believe that is correct...not sure why everyone is fired up about it being tonight (it could be), but it's not any more likely tonight for any reason than any other show this tour as far as i can gather.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would definitely be more excited about and I have heard people around here mention that theory... But why would NuGnR record so many versions of it?  

They probably did have a few versions of it, like they did with everything else, but there's only one version of Hardschool from the Village leaks...

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, I believe that is correct...not sure why everyone is fired up about it being tonight (it could be), but it's not any more likely tonight for any reason than any other show this tour as far as i can gather.

Is that definitely right - I could have sworn it was only sound checked a few times?

Edited by DTJ80

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And all those points tells us that TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT. And if it's not, then the next show is the show. That's how this works maaaan.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I would definitely be more excited about and I have heard people around here mention that theory... But why would NuGnR record so many versions of it? 

We only know of one NuGnR version, the one that leaked. It's been speculated that there was a newer version, but it's unknown how different it was.

The theory is that it probably was mostly an Axl song (that he probably wrote with Paul Tobias) and Duff/Matt may have had a hand on the original version, but it wasn't finished since the band broke up, and then NuGnR rearranged it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I’m pretty sure this is the first time Hard Skool soundcheck has come directly from Meegan. So that’s cool, I guess. 

Did anyone see Axl in that clip? 

Maybe it’s because I’m trying so hard to temper my expectations and not get my hopes up, but there’s just no way Axl would debut a new song (especially this one) without soundchecking it first. 

Well for all we know, they may have soundchecked it with Axl in San Jose 2 nights ago…They play in about 4 1/2 hours so I could see why he wouldn’t want to be singing right now. 

Man Axl not being at soundcheck totally crushed my hope. But the fact those video people are flying out again to see this show after they were there to see Absurds debut, and that Meegan didn't mute the audio for HS like she always did before are still pretty solid hints there's something brewing.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1

People "magically" liking it only because it dates back to the Slash era would be hilarious :D

On topic: I don't think this IG story means much. It's been soundchecked almost all shows. If Meegan doesn't delete the story then it might mean something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

We only know of one NuGnR version, the one that leaked. It's been speculated that there was a newer version, but it's unknown how different it was.

The theory is that it probably was mostly an Axl song (that he probably wrote with Paul Tobias) and Duff/Matt may have had a hand on the original version, but it wasn't finished since the band broke up, and then NuGnR rearranged it.

Gotcha... I have heard a couple soundchecks, that cover band do it and some mashup of the soundcheck with Axls vocals over it.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I don't think they have. Only for the first couple of shows I think.

We know they did in L.A. The fact that we don't have clips from every soundcheck doesn't mean they haven't rehearsed it at every show.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Man Axl not being at soundcheck totally crushed my hope. But the fact those video people are flying out again to see this show after they were there to see Absurds debut, and that Meegan didn't mute the audio for HS like she always did before are still pretty solid hints there's something brewing.

It doesn't mean anything either way. Axl never goes at soundcheck the day of the show. If he goes, it's the day before.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

If they sound checked HS + Meegan sharing it on IG (with sound) we might get something tonight. When she shared the screen story it was deleted immediately 

Yeah the fact she intentionally shared HS being soundchecked w/ the sound seems significant to me as I think she knows what she’s doing…or I’m losing it.  

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah the fact she intentionally shared HS being soundchecked w/ the sound seems significant to me as I think she knows what she’s doing…or I’m losing it.  

I Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Am i the only one who cant make a note out of Meegans last ig videos? Thats supposed to be HS?

That used to be the part of the bendings after the solos, Slash changed it to play with a slide in that part

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

People "magically" liking it only because it dates back to the Slash era would be hilarious :D

No one said magically liking it because it dates back to the Slash era..  They asked if me and some others would be more excited about it.. Can't magically like or not like anything if you haven't heard it yet. From what I have heard of it,  it sounds better than Absurd and more old school sounding that anything on CD.. My point was just that nothing about covering NuGuns songs excites me.. Especially if it is composed of tracks pasted together from all different decades and lineups.. If either of that is what this is.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

18 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I think they've sounchecked hardschool at every show from this tour. No real reason to be excited now. 

I don’t think that’s accurate but even if it was..there are a few additional reasons/potential clues to heighten the excitement level. 

• Like 1