ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Why do you guys suddenly believe this hints a new album and SOYL didn't? What has changed? Same situation (touring, same songs), same non-promoted single (no video). I mean, I love the current excitement and definitely wish this means something, but there's not much evidence that this is different from a few years ago. 

SOYL was clearly just promotion for the AFD boxset. Absurd has zero to do with UYI, so the only conclusions are 1. They are releasing one single song for the tour. 2. They are ready to release a new album.

Either way it has a lot of eyes and ears back on gnr.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sorry I meant strictly from a creative, music standpoint. I realize, that this is a band that has been touring the same music and songs since 2008, lol.

Haha - yeah I know what you meant! I just couldn't resist saying it! 

I think there is a huge amount of people of the 'classic rock fan' type who have adopted GNR into that genre largely due to their inability to release anything new, when really they were always not that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

SOYL was clearly just promotion FOR the AFD boxset. Absurd has zero to do with UYI, so the only conclusion is 1. They are releasing one single song for the tour. 2. They are ready to release a new album.

Either way it has a lot of eyes and ears back on gnr.

Yes, I forgot the boxset. Still, as a promotion to a new album, this doesn't make too much sense. Hard School would. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Haha - yeah I know what you meant! I just couldn't resist saying it! 

I think there is a huge amount of people of the 'classic rock fan' type who have adopted GNR into that genre largely due to their inability to release anything new, when really they were always not that sort of thing. 

The fans who strictly like afd/uyi are probably going to get a few more surprises I feel robbed knowing what to expect. Nothing can top macdaddy so I can no longer be shocked. Surprised? Yes, example Absurd 😅

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Anyone reckon Absurd will get a physical release too? It'll most likely be through Nightrain if it does.

I'm not being funny when I say this, here's my guess:

Single sided 7" with etching on the b side for $45 

• ABSUЯD 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Why do you guys suddenly believe this hints a new album and SOYL didn't? What has changed? Same situation (touring, same songs), same non-promoted single (no video). I mean, I love the current excitement and definitely wish this means something, but there's not much evidence that this is different from a few years ago. 

SOYL features Axl vocals from 1986, and a mix of pre-Appetite tracks and new ones (at least the lead guitar track at minimum) - Absurd coming out lines up more with the theory that CD era recordings will be updated and used for a new album.  Plus SOYL was a tie-in with the AFD box set whereas this really seems to come out of nowhere

I still am skeptical of an actual album announcement, but to me this is the closest sign we have gotten to one actually being a possibility IMO.

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Yes, I forgot the boxset. Still, as a promotion to a new album, this doesn't make too much sense. Hard School would. 

Hardschool must not have been right? I don't know, I feel people would be a lot more receptive to it. 

The crazy thing is that the label heard Absurd and released it🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

The fans who strictly like afd/uyi are probably going to get a few more surprises I feel robbed knowing what to expect. Nothing can top macdaddy so I can no longer be shocked. Surprised? Yes, example Absurd 😅

I would absolutely fucking, (sorry F'N) love them to release that! 

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Jus listened on Spotify. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would, so there's that lol 

Gave it a few more spin and drove with it around town. I think I kinda like it now? In a "fuck them they got me, I got no choice" way. It's probably Slash. 

• ABSUЯD 1

I just looked at the GN'R website for the first time in years. 

It says "New F'N Song". 

Never change GN'R, never change. 

Just now, Dean said:

Abs...olutely shocking

....and I swear to God, if it's a fucking picture disc, I'll lose my goddamn mind lol

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Gave it a few more spin and drove with it around town. I think I kinda like it now? In a "fuck them they got me, I got no choice" way. It's probably Slash. 

The recorded version sounds better.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I would absolutely fucking, (sorry F'N) love them to release that! 

Your perversion knows no bounds🤣

• ABSUЯD 1

59 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Tryin' to decide if I'm still missing the "What can I do? With a bitch like you".

Rhythmically it makes more sense. They could have just replaced 'a bxtch' with 'someone'. There, fixed.

Edited by Gaanzer
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

SOYL features Axl vocals from 1986, and a mix of pre-Appetite tracks and new ones (at least the lead guitar track at minimum) - Absurd coming out lines up more with the theory that CD era recordings will be updated and used for a new album.  Plus SOYL was a tie-in with the AFD box set whereas this really seems to come out of nowhere

I still am skeptical of an actual album announcement, but to me this is the closest sign we have gotten to one actually being a possibility IMO.

Right, two people already reminded me I'd forgotten about the box set. Again, HS woulda been a way better choice for the new thing. 

Edited by jamillos

Just now, RussTCB said:

It says "New F'N Song". 

I absolutely love how they are censoring a word that is used in full right in the first line of the song and many times thereafter :lol:

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

I'm not being funny when I say this, here's my guess:

Single sided 7" with etching on the b side for $45 

Oh absolutely, but $45 would be pushing it, surely?! Although having said that 7" vinyl prices seem to be sky high now. Back in the late 90s I used to pick them up because they were always 99p (just over a dollar) and you could grab them as a way of testing whether you liked a band you'd maybe heard were good but never listened to. A lot of my paperound money went that way! 

Just now, jamillos said:

Right, two people reminded me I'd forgotten about the box set. Again, HS woulda been a way better choice for the new thing. 

No disagreements there lol I personally am baffled as to why they didn't pick Hard School.  My working theory is that Hard School may be coming soon too, and they wanted two songs to roll out slowly just to keep consistent buzz going for this tour to get people excited again

Just now, RussTCB said:

It says "New F'N Song". 

....and I swear to God, if it's a fucking picture disc, I'll lose my goddamn mind lol

A picture disc of Pitman, packaged in a towel, would fly off of whatever shelf it may be sat on. Maybe the inevitable horrendous sound would actually make you prefer listening on a picture disc anyway? :lol:

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

Just now, WhazUp said:

No disagreements there lol I personally am baffled as to why they didn't pick Hard School.  My working theory is that Hard School may be coming soon too, and they wanted two songs to roll out slowly just to keep consistent buzz going for this tour to get people excited again

Plus, Axl may be waiting till he can actually sing it live... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

A picture disc of Pitman, packaged in a towel, would fly off of whatever shelf it may be sat on. Maybe the inevitable horrendous sound would actually make you prefer listening on a picture disc anyway? :lol:

I could just use the pic disc as an excuse when people hate it. 

"great song, but the pic disc ruins it!" hahq

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1