ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Will you host a similar party when the new album drops? If so, I can bring beer. Lots of beer. :)

The easy answer to that is yes because we have a music party at our house every Friday lol. 

So yeah, we'll be doing our regular music party if/when an album is released. We'll just call it a GN'R party on that particular Friday! 

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Tidal, I tried mailing you a direct link to the store, as it was a bit of a nuisance when I bought it (I'd never used it before), but your mail is full. Any issues, give me a shout.

I have Tidal and I plan to blast the highest audio quality version later. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Kinda disappointed in this release. The original version from the Village is just better all around ... Axl's screams, the chorus, the way it goes into that dream like state early then the song comes roaring back in ... The fact that there's an actual second verse ... Why does this official release just repeat the same verse 3 times? We only need to hear "pussy full of maggots" once lol .. My favorite line from the original "parasitic demons sucking acid from your heart" is missing :(

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Kinda disappointed in this release. The original version from the Village is just better all around ... Axl's screams, the chorus, the way it goes into that dream like state early then the song comes roaring back in ... The fact that there's an actual second verse ... Why does this official release just repeat the same verse 3 times? We only need to hear "pussy full of maggots" once lol .. My favorite line from the original "parasitic demons sucking acid from your heart" is missing :(

That line is still in 👀

I hated Silkworms, and wasn't keen on the live version they performed the other day but this single is now on repeat; it sounds like a decent evolution of Guns N' Roses' music. Different, and I don't think anyone can expect them to be stuck in the 80's. Slash's guitar sounds old-school Guns though, way better than his SMKC sound. Love it.

By the way, Siri can't find 'Absurd' by Guns N' Roses, but if you ask for the 'New Guns N' Roses Single' she finds it no problem, but pronounces it 'Absooth' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

@2020_Intensions

These are the lyrics according to this site. Can't say how correct they are

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gunsnroses/absurd.html

Ha-oww
Listen, motherfuckers, to the song that should be heard
Back down in the gutter is more than you deserve
Screaming fucking banshee, you know that's what you are
Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd

Dizzy little dreamer with your head down in the stars
Fucking little schemer, got yourself inside the art
Syphilitic priestess baby, I know who you are
Parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart
Absurd

Absurd
Absurd
Ha-oww

Ha-oww
Absurd

Absurd
Absurd
Ha-oww
Ha-oww

Just another life slips away

Ha-oww
Back down in the gutters, more than you deserve
Absurd
Ha-oww

Absurd
Absurd

• ABSUЯD 2

About a decade ago, a bunch of forum members created a spoof forum called Eat My Silkworms, dedicated to the genius of Chris “Mother Goose” Pitman. The origin of the bit was to take the piss out of how absolute utter shit Silkworms was as a song. 

Apropos of nothing, of course. Enjoy the new music, everyone 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Wow lol 13 years without music and we get Silkworms. Truly absurd. If it’s the first (wrongfully chosen) single off a new phase, i’m cool with that but if they chose to release this specific song as a “make up for lost time” release, man….

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

@2020_Intensions

These are the lyrics according to this site. Can't say how correct they are

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gunsnroses/absurd.html

Ha-oww

Dizzy little dreamer with your head down in the stars
Fucking little schemer, got yourself inside the art
Syphilitic priestess baby, I know who you are
Parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart
Absurd

Absurd
Absurd
Ha-oww

Ha-oww
Absurd

Absurd
Absurd
Ha-oww
Ha-oww

Just another life slips away

Ha-oww
Back down in the gutters, more than you deserve
Absurd
Ha-oww

Absurd
Absurd

I'm pretty sure @Oldest Goatconfirmed that it was "fucking bitch hate you" instead of "Screaming fucking banshee". Don't know how accurate that is, personally I think his hearing is fucked...:max::lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, axlslash said:

About a decade ago, a bunch of forum members created a spoof forum called Eat My Silkworms, dedicated to the genius of Chris “Mother Goose” Pitman. The origin of the bit was to take the piss out of how absolute utter shit Silkworms was as a song. 

Apropos of nothing, of course. Enjoy the new music, everyone 😂😂😂

A decade ago? Wasn’t that, like, TWO decades ago?!

• ABSUЯD 1

To me, this is similar to when Metallica released "Until It Sleeps" as the 1st Single off of the Load Album. The band had not released any new material since The Black Album, and when Metallica re-emerged with a new look and sound, the single automatically turned die hard fans off from the band, due to how drastically different it was from any previous material. A lot of people failed to give the Load album a chance as a result.

If a miracle happens, and GnR actually releases a "New" album, some people may be turned off prematurely, due to hearing this single, and thinking the other material will be similar. If you haven't released anything "new" to the mainstream, technically since the Chinese Democracy album, I just don't think this song was the right pick to begin with. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I'm sure the current line-up can put together something much better.

• Like 1

We know some of the caliber of songs they have in the vault. This feels as if they released My World as the first single from UYIs. I just don’t understand why. 

Like My World, the song grew on me and I have grown to appreciate it. But, objectively, it’s simply not their best work and, in context, can only be album filler. 

What just happened?

Is this an alternate reality? Is this real? Is anything real? Am I in a simulation?

There is no logical explanation for "GNR half reunion lineup releases new song from 20 years ago with 1999 vocals, it's "Silkworms", and leaves the parts recorded by guys who haven't been in the band since 2004"

God I love this band. They just can't be normal, can they?

• ABSUЯD 1

I’m reading a lot more positive reviews than negative and have seen a ton of “I’ve had it on repeat for hours”! This song is going to have crazy steaming numbers and be the #1 song of the week easily. Not a lot of great new music out this week. These steaming #s will hopefully convince AXL to get the album done and out there if it’s not already in the can !

• Like 1

After my initial shock:

- Just like HS, Duff and Slash made it "a GNR song"... to me this is for the first time proof that they are indeed the key to this, because I'm a massive CD fan.

- Disappointed, I wish there was a CD boxset with the 3 albums and 5000 demos and 5h of rehearsals and that would end the CD era for the band... because I feel like this is still the CD tour.

- I mean... I like the things they added to it, especially Fortus, he makes this song great, with the riffs under Slash in the chorus

- I NEVER would have thought I'd miss "What can I do... with a bitch like you?" in a song... huh.

- The mix is just terrible. Sounds like Slash recorded it as a Demo, but what do you expect when you're mixing parts recorded in 1999 with parts from 2004, 2006, probably 2014 and now 2020?

- I have a feeling it's not Duff on bass, just on the little lick they added at the end

- Hell yes Brain... on a part he recorded 21 years ago

- I'm playing the goddamn lottery today.