Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I recall opening it, and showing it to my cat before he inspects it. I'm sure I don't go into 1/10 of the detail you would in a video. I barely even show the thing.  The vinyl seemed to be made the best compared to the CD and cassette. The latter felt cheap as hell. 

That's so expected but such a bummer to hear that the other formats feel so cheap. 

I only ordered the vinyl, so I'm relieved to hear that's the best of the bunch but I'm also bummed for fans that ordered the other formats. 

Just listened to the live tracks, they're quite compressed but at least they're in stereo... :lol:

The end of Don't Cry is rough, vocally. The way Fortus plays that song is annoying.

You're Crazy is fine. Duff and Melissa's backing vocals are nice, they're harder to notice in audience recordings. There's a pretty abrupt change to mickey vocals before the solo... this is probably one of the earlier performances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Neither of the private music trackers I have an account with have this up yet, which is slightly surprising, since everything gets uploaded literally minutes after release.

If you consider the slim percentage of potential buyers which would have to A. Be a member of a tracker and B. elect to upload it, that number is admittedly relatively small, however, many uploaded torrents are oftentimes also received from elsewhere on the web, in places the world over, and then uploaded to these private trackers, as well..

The fact that it hasn't yet shown up on either tracker gives some small indication, in my mind, that there currently aren't too many of these out there, outside of the die-hard bubble, which is. ok, I guess, since that's really who it's for.

The EP was just shared online about a half hour ago ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The EP was just shared online about a half hour ago ;)

LOL., welp, there 'ya go...Last time I checked was last night after watching Boba Fett and didn't see it.

Not that we ever advocate piracy around here.

• Like 1

For the love of God, man, Frank is a lovely guy, but, I really dislike his drumming style sometimes.  On the live You're Crazy, that hybrid version is screaming out for a sly little funky Meters-like greasy groove, and this guy is just so damned flat-footed and leaden.  No flavor, no spice...and for A CUBAN!!  So boring.

Axl wasn't the reason I couldn't finish a live track, for a change, so, there's that, I guess.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

For the love of God, man, Frank is a lovely guy, but, I really dislike his drumming style sometimes.  On the live You're Crazy, that hybrid version is screaming out for a sly little funky Meters-like greasy groove, and this guy is just so damned flat-footed and leaden.  No flavor, no spice...and for A CUBAN!!  So boring.

Axl wasn't the reason I couldn't finish a live track, for a change, so, there's that, I guess.

Yeah, he really isn't the right guy for this band. :/

sorry, Thunderfucker. :/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My tracking finally updated and said it will arrive on Monday. 

PLOT TWIST-

After saying it was coming from Ferndale, Michigan the tracking now says its coming from Pittsburgh! 

I was excited that I had an update from FedEx and expected it to be that it was moving but it was an exception telling me my label was damaged and that they had to apply another one. Now it has been sitting like this since last night. There is a real possibility that I am downloading the FLAC rip when I get home lol

image.png.4db5dce7306cf40c2253279079a5f337.png

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I was excited that I had an update from FedEx and expected it to be that it was moving but it was an exception telling me my label was damaged and that they had to apply another one. Now it has been sitting like this since last night. There is a real possibility that I am downloading the FLAC rip when I get home lol

image.png.4db5dce7306cf40c2253279079a5f337.png

Same exact thing for me. "Shipment Exception" in Oak Park, MI. "Barcode label unreadable and replaced." No update since.

This fuckin' band. lol

Edited by GnR Chris