Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

13 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

GNR missed the boat.

As usual. I really wish they had a proper video for “Hard Skool” ready to drop when they released it. 

My HS vinyl and CD were supposed to get here yesterday,  but it’s  now delayed till Tuesday. WTF, FedEx?! 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:19 AM, themadcaplaughs said:

To be fair, we got some pretty dire stuff from RHCP between John Frusciante leaving and returning. 

Yea, I didn't really follow the lineup with Josh but I like the song Encore, and that one with Elton John was alright. Didn't care for Go Robot or Dark Necessities at all though, and they got lots of radio play.

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, I didn't really follow the lineup with Josh but I like the song Encore, and that one with Elton John was alright. Didn't care for Go Robot or Dark Necessities at all though, and they got lots of radio play.

You mean the one where they realised they accidentally ripped off Elton John and had to give hime a songwriting credit?

On 2/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I heard the new RHCP single on the radio this morning and it really highlighted what a mess the GNR singles were.

This is what a legacy band's "reunion single" should sound like:

Classic RHCP sound with modern production. I'm sure this is gonna get tons of airplay over the next few months.

Hardschool on the other hand, didn't get much radio play because it sounds exactly like what it is - nuGNR feat. Slash and Duff, all sloppily pasted together.

Also probably helps that:

1. they released an actual music video, prominently featuring their very popular returning guitar player.

2. This song didn’t leak 3 years ago.

3. Anthony’s vocal tracks were not recorded during the Californication sessions.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Also probably helps that:

1. they released an actual music video, prominently featuring their very popular returning guitar player.

2. This song didn’t leak 3 years ago.

3. Anthony’s vocal tracks were not recorded during the Californication sessions.

Not only did the song not leak three years ago, but, it didn't exist, as in, 'ya know, it's a new song, as opposed to a "new" one.

It's an honest snapshot of where they are in 2022.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Mine is still at the export terminal in the US apparently. Is anyone else's package stuck as well? 

My shipment info was sent on the 26th, finally shipped on the 2nd, was sent to Ohio and has been sitting in Indianapolis waiting to make it up here to the Chicago burbs since Thursday. 

Edited by GoBucky

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

My shipment info was sent on the 26th, finally shipped on the 2nd, was sent to Ohio and has been sitting in Indianapolis waiting to make up up here to the Chicago burbs since Thursday. 

It's doing its very own GN'R tour. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

Yes, I think mine is the same situation   "Departed Processing Center" since Feb 1st.

Have no idea, but I haven't gotten my copy yet either.

I'm sure between covid and shipping problems and Texas had an ice storm for 2 days, mine is probably some where but not here.

Because of the ice storm, I didn't have a mail delivery for two days. Unreal.

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's doing its very own GN'R tour. 

lol thanks for making me laugh today! I needed to. 

Very clever observation. 

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I heard the new RHCP single on the radio this morning and it really highlighted what a mess the GNR singles were.

This is what a legacy band's "reunion single" should sound like:

Classic RHCP sound with modern production. I'm sure this is gonna get tons of airplay over the next few months.

Hardschool on the other hand, didn't get much radio play because it sounds exactly like what it is - nuGNR feat. Slash and Duff, all sloppily pasted together.

whilst i like hardskool and absurd and am genuinely more interested in everything written 98-2010, this does highlight how shite and irrelevant GnR are now. RHCP have 8m views on YT in 3 days. Gnr have 2.8m in 4 months on YT and 900k on the lyric video 2 months ago. For a song FT Axl and Slash that is truly pathetic and embarrassing. Any other management or marketing team would be sacked and never work again. My band has 12,000 views in 2 months on our music videos and we are fucking nobodies with no record deal. To not even get GnRs lyric video to 1 million. dreadful. I don't buy the 'GnR aren't relevant'. They are still selling out stadiums around the world and all other heritage bands are getting waaaay more. So obviously there is a market. 

19 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

whilst i like hardskool and absurd and am genuinely more interested in everything written 98-2010, this does highlight how shite and irrelevant GnR are now. RHCP have 8m views on YT in 3 days. Gnr have 2.8m in 4 months on YT and 900k on the lyric video 2 months ago. For a song FT Axl and Slash that is truly pathetic and embarrassing. Any other management or marketing team would be sacked and never work again. My band has 12,000 views in 2 months on our music videos and we are fucking nobodies with no record deal. To not even get GnRs lyric video to 1 million. dreadful. I don't buy the 'GnR aren't relevant'. They are still selling out stadiums around the world and all other heritage bands are getting waaaay more. So obviously there is a market. 

It's pretty simple, look at RCHP production value. It's an actually cool video, you would rewatch just to see the guys. A proper video and promotion go a long way. 

Hardskool is actually a good song, it's probably one of the most radio-friendly that they have. But they botched the release, they just put the song out there with a shitty video, and then they randomly followed that with a shitty lyrics video. It wont ever get higher number that way, it doesn't matter who you are. They have the resources, but they are not even trying to have a good release strategy.

The funny part is that Axl knows all of this. The NR video trilogy was his baby, and it helped them in being the biggest band in the world at one point.

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

24 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

It's pretty simple, look at RCHP production value. It's an actually cool video, you would rewatch just to see the guys. A proper video and promotion go a long way. 

Hardskool is actually a good song, it's probably one of the most radio-friendly that they have. But they botched the release, they just put the song out there with a shitty video, and then they randomly followed that with a shitty lyrics video. It wont ever get higher number that way, it doesn't matter who you are. They have the resources, but they are not even trying to have a good release strategy.

The funny part is that Axl knows all of this. The NR video trilogy was his baby, and it helped them in being the biggest band in the world at one point.

They also capitalized on the reunion with John by immediately working on a new album and releasing this single, not just going on an endless tour. If GnR had done this (along with a proper video etc) they might've gotten more views.

• Like 3