Did you order a physical copy of the Hard School release?

Did you order a physical copy of the Hard School release?   

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes. I've spent $0 on Guns since the Appetite remaster was released so I figured a $6 CD was perfectly justified. :lol:

Cut and pasted old songs or not, the band is putting out something and it's exactly the type of thing I want to support. I ordered the CD and the Vinyl.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 9:36 AM, James Bond said:

Yes. I've spent $0 on Guns since the Appetite remaster was released so I figured a $6 CD was perfectly justified. :lol:

Cut and pasted old songs or not, the band is putting out something and it's exactly the type of thing I want to support. I ordered the CD and the Vinyl.

These were my thoughts. For years, I was among the fans whining for them to release literally anything and I'd buy it up. They did just that, and I will stick to my word. While I cannot say I am particularly enthused for these releases (although I am happy, if that makes sense), I figured it's a "vote with your wallet" type thing. Hopefully if they feel they have good response with this release, it will encourage more new music down the road. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

Just like I still have a sealed copy of Chinese Democracy I purchased at Best Buy on it's release day for sentimental reasons, to me this Hard Skool/Absurd CD will be a memento of a snapshot in this moment in time for me.  I am cool spending 6 bucks on such a thing, even if I wished there was more there to really cling onto sonically

1 hour ago, Pele said:

No of course not, and people saying "i bought it to support the band" are culpable in allowing Rose to carry on with the charade that he will one-day release an album. 

Who is handling the distribution of these?

How about people who bought it because they like the music? 

I think GNR can manage just fine without my 'support' (they're not a charity case or a football team that deserves unfaltering benevolence or loyalty) but I do happen to like their music and will happily buy it on the astonishingly rare occasion they choose to sell it! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How about people who bought it because they like the music? 

I think GNR can manage just fine without my 'support' (they're not a charity case or a football team that deserves unfaltering benevolence or loyalty) but I do happen to like their music and will happily buy it on the astonishingly rare occasion they choose to sell it! 

They are fine.

I'm specifically referring to those who said they bought the CD to 'support the band'.

44 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

So, the village lunatic has gone from simply spamming threads to basically harassing every commenter offering a different opinion. Can we trade this guy for Warchild?

Haha Warchild still exists.  Speak to Cineater if you want to find him.