UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Someone told me that in this same interview slash also mentioned that the NITL boy-ray/ live album was still in the pipeline too.

Can someone here confirm whether or not that’s true? Did he actually say that?

No, Slash didn't say anything like that. I guess whoever told you misheard.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

GNR uploaded that

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I thought stuff uploaded to the band’s official channel was still OK. No?

That's my bad. There was a series of "playlist" videos that were posted here that seemed like they were from the GN'R account, but they weren't. 

In any case, my bad, carry on :)

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I hope they'll sell some of the boxset content separately like they did with the AFD boxset.

Live shows on blu ray are a must-have, but I won't spend 1000 bucks only to buy two shows.

I always thought a Ritz Blu Ray would have been awesome.  With remastered versions of the three 87, 88 and 91 shows.. Bonus features and whatever backstage footage they have.. That would be fucking gold..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

are the shows audio or video? I can see them running into problems with video, unless they were recorded on FILM. 

I don't know what the Vegas show was shot on, but at least the audio was professionally recorded. I've seen some decent remasters of that Yesterdays pro-shot so I think they'd at least be able to remaster the video at 1080p?

Ritz (and Pantages theatre, and possibly the Warfield theatre) were shot on film, so I would assume at least that show will be released on video, probably blu-ray.

It would be great if they did a compilation of the warm-up shows, even if it's just audio. I need to hear at least part of that Pantages theatre show, it's my UYI-era grail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tio Didi said:

I wonder if there's any footage of the making of Chinese Democracy. It would be interesting to see that.

You mean, videos of a bunch of hired hands creating music to then hand over to Axl to hopefully add lyrics to? 

That’s a hard pass for me!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know what the Vegas show was shot on, but at least the audio was professionally recorded. I've seen some decent remasters of that Yesterdays pro-shot so I think they'd at least be able to remaster the video at 1080p?

Ritz (and Pantages theatre, and possibly the Warfield theatre) were shot on film, so I would assume at least that show will be released on video, probably blu-ray.

It would be great if they did a compilation of the warm-up shows, even if it's just audio. I need to hear at least part of that Pantages theatre show, it's my UYI-era grail.

I need to hear Bad Apples from Pantages! 

• Like 3

Andy burns. Editor in cheaf in biff bam Pop

"Hi there - I did the interview with Slash, and he didn't say audiovisual material. You should update your post - "There's a bunch of cool live stuff on it, a couple shows. The Ritz from the early ‘90s and a show that we did in Las Vegas back in 1989, I think it was. And it’s actually the show that I met my ex-wife at."

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

16 minutes ago, walter22 said:

"Hi there - I did the interview with Slash, and he didn't say audiovisual material. You should update your post - "There's a bunch of cool live stuff on it, a couple shows. The Ritz from the early ‘90s and a show that we did in Las Vegas back in 1989, I think it was. And it’s actually the show that I met my ex-wife at."

I see that was in response to a post by Guns N' Roses Sudamérica facebook page. The post paraphrased what Slash said and put it in quotes (making it look like it was an exact transcript from the interview) , so I guess Andy Burns had to clarify it and post the actual quote. It doesn't mean it's audio only.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I see that was in response to a post by Guns N' Roses Sudamérica facebook page. The post paraphrased what Slash said and put it in quotes (making it look like it was an exact transcript from the interview) , so I guess Andy Burns had to clarify it and post the actual quote. It doesn't mean it's audio only.

The fans want video. So we get Audio. It's GnR.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, walter22 said:

Of course audio only.... what i was thinkin.

Fuck!!!