Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE UYI II song to be evicted   

172 members have voted

1. 1. Use Your Illusion II Survivor Round 11

• Civil War
    • Locomotive
    • Estranged
    • You Could Be Mine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2022 at 06:00 AM

It's rounds like this that push me over the brinks!

Pretty Tied Up...is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - My World
Round 2 - Shotgun Blues
Round 3 - So Fine
Round 4 - Get In The Ring
Round 5 - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Round 6 - Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)
Round 7 - Breakdown
Round 8 - Yesterdays
Round 9 - 14 Years
Round 10 - Pretty Tied Up
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

• Sad 1

That's a tough one.

Locomotive or Estranged. What I dislike on Locomotive is the effect in Axl's vocals. It takes the sobriety, the seriousness out of the song. That's the biggest issue when it comes to the Illusions. To much unnecessary bullshit going on.

Having said that, Locomotive is probably the song with the greatest outro ever imo... it takes you on a journey, it hypnotizes you, the piano, the drums, Axl's "Love's So Strange"... the GUITAR... :drool: it's just perfect. 

But as a whole, similar to Coma, I have to be in the mood to wanna listening through the first 6 minutes to reach the big final so I think that's why I have to go with Estranged here... ahh fuck it... You Could Be Mine... I'm voting You Could Be Mine.

Edit: I always was corious if Axl wrote the piano part for the outro or if Dizzy came up with it. Why isn't Dizzy listed in the credits when it was him? But why didn't Axl play that part if he had written it? :shrugs:

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This was painful. Between YCBM and Locomotive. Reluctantly chose Locomotive despite having one of the best GNR outros. I think overall YCBM is more consistently better through the whole song.

Same here. Locomotive has got the far better lyrics too.

Edited by lilacmess

YCBM…

I like, but never loved, this song.  Definitely a song I wouldn’t get too upset if I never heard it again. I think it’s the most AFD sounding song of the album,  but I prefer the bigger, more epic songs like Estranged and Locomotive.

Civil War has a better melody, in my opinion. 

If it were up to me Civil War would lose next, followed by Locomotive, leaving Estranged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

What a fucking masterpiece this song (and all the others left) is.

Fucking hell, it's so sad that we'll never gonna get anything like this from Gnr again, just uninspired Chinese leftovers written by some long gone replacements. Fuck.

I always thought Locomotive was a glimpse into what the future of GN'R would have been if they had stayed together. Some of my favourite lyrics and guitar parts across their entire catalogue.

• Like 1

Just now, SoundOfAGun said:

I always thought Locomotive was a glimpse into what the future of GN'R would have been if they had stayed together. Some of my favourite lyrics and guitar parts across their entire catalogue.

Yeah, I always felt that as well. It's next level shit, just awesome.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It seemed kinda obvious that these would be the final 4 songs. Time for Civil War to go, then YCBM can go next round, leaving the 'Axl epic' vs the 'Slash epic' in the finals.

The final is looking likely to be Estranged vs YCBM.

Estranged will win.

As it should. :lol: