New song Slash,Duff, Matt and Kushner (Kings Of Chaos)

This song gives me the same vibes as the VR instrumentals that were released for singers to sing over and upload to audition for the band after Scott left.  Like, insert a generic Slash riff with some lead licks here and there, and the vocals done way after the fact

It just seems... uninspired to me.  I felt the same way with the track "Mr. X" that was a another one of the VR instrumental tracks that went around for years and nothing happened with until Cherie Curie added vocals to it and released it on her solo album

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Lol is that Matt singing?  Stick to the drums champ.

I saw a YouTube video with Sebastian Bach, Gilby Clarke and Matt doing a stripped back version of Patience. Matt sang lead and he's actually got an ok voice. This just comes across really try hard. Particularly the lyrics and vocals. I really hope when the King's Of Chaos album comes out it's a lot better than this.

29 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I saw a YouTube video with Sebastian Bach, Gilby Clarke and Matt doing a stripped back version of Patience. Matt sang lead and he's actually got an ok voice. This just comes across really try hard. Particularly the lyrics and vocals. I really hope when the King's Of Chaos album comes out it's a lot better than this.

I was pleasantly surprised with that Patience performance. I thought he sang it well enough but without much of a standout voice. I agree that here he's just trying way too hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Supposedly there's a whole album in the can with Corey Taylor on vocals, if I remember right

My understanding (from a Slash interview) is that it was a rough recording, not suitable for release as is. (Think demo) And it never got to a point of getting a proper, final recording intended for release. 

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Matts not a natural singer, he's ok as background but I don't think he has put the work into being a lead singer and so you get what we had here... his version of patience was just meh, he didn't really bring anything to it and his voice was a bit wavery too

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

My understanding (from a Slash interview) is that it was a rough recording, not suitable for release as is. (Think demo) And it never got to a point of getting a proper, final recording intended for release. 

I think a complete album was recorded but yeah, probably it wasn't mixed and mastered. I don't know. Iirc they almost announced Corey as their new lead singer but Slash pulled back last minute, saying something didn't feel right.

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Supposedly there's a whole album in the can with Corey Taylor on vocals, if I remember right

A whole albums worth of demos with Josh Todd & Keith Nielsen from Buckcherry from the early days as well. Not to mention all the outtakes with Scott that are unreleased including This House Is Alive which was recorded for the Monster House soundtrack. I would like be a VR box set with all this stuff but it will probably never happen. Instead we’ll get stuff like this. Wouldn’t even be surprised if some other unreleased songs ended up on a GNR release someday.

Edited by The Matinator

On 10/29/2022 at 3:49 AM, Ant000 said:

she's so tight she's dynamite

rollin down the highway make you feel alright

ohh yeah

You're making me hate rock music Matty baby... don't do that 

ugh I used to write stuff like that with my high school band. This is literally the most generic cock rock shit lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

So he pulls the Vanishing Point reference which was already done in "Breakdown" in 1991 and make a video based off Natural Born Killers from 1994. Glad to see he wants to stay relevant ;) 

And, as @Lio pointed out in the other thread, the whole concept is reminiscent of the concept for the Since I Don't Have You video.

On 10/30/2022 at 7:18 AM, The Matinator said:

A whole albums worth of demos with Josh Todd & Keith Nielsen from Buckcherry from the early days as well. Not to mention all the outtakes with Scott that are unreleased including This House Is Alive which was recorded for the Monster House soundtrack. I would like be a VR box set with all this stuff but it will probably never happen. Instead we’ll get stuff like this. Wouldn’t even be surprised if some other unreleased songs ended up on a GNR release someday.

And 3 or songs with Sebastian Bach on vocals. A VR box set would be amazing, or at the very least, a digital download of the VR vault.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, Free Bird said:

I think a complete album was recorded but yeah, probably it wasn't mixed and mastered. I don't know. Iirc they almost announced Corey as their new lead singer but Slash pulled back last minute, saying something didn't feel right.

I found the article where Slash talks about those recordings: (2015)

"Slash confirmed that Taylor recorded as many as 10 songs with VELVET REVOLVER, saying: "Corey came in, just like a lot of other guys came in. Of course, Corey's Corey, and he's probably one of the best guys out there. I love Corey. I just thought it was a different style than what VELVET REVOLVER was trying to capture. But, still, the songs are cool. But if we were gonna do anything with that, they would have to be re-recorded and… 'Cause, I mean, it was very raw and very, sort of, 'making it up on the spot' kind of deal. And so we'd have to revisit everything and then we'd put it together, I think. But that's not really a plan. I'm just saying if it was… I don't wanna get any ideas in anybody's head. That would be the only way that it could be released, [and] I'm not saying that it's going to.""

Source: https://blabbermouth.net/news/will-corey-taylors-recordings-with-velvet-revolver-ever-see-light-of-day-slash-weighs-in

• Like 2