The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

40 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

A new song dropping today would have created a lot of goodwill with me ahead of this astronomically priced never-ending tour.

Today....any day...
Still 3 months to go before the tour starts so it still could happen...

But I don't think it will happen....so I think I skip this tour.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong so I can get a last minute ticket.

24 minutes ago, avahland said:

But I don't think it will happen....so I think I skip this tour.

I don’t think it’ll happen either. I’d bet that the band is harbouring some resentment due to the bad reception received for the two singles released in 2021

Which is a shame. You’ll always get some dickhead criticising something online

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Am I out of the loop or something..? Why a new song today?

No, this is GNR and they will never do anything logical. I was just saying today ‘cause it’s Friday and it corresponds to the same day of general on-sale for their “new” NA tour. It would have made perfect sense. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I don’t think it’ll happen either. I’d bet that the band is harbouring some resentment due to the bad reception received for the two singles released in 2021

You’d think instead of resentment they’d really knuckle down on even just one badass song that would shut us all up and turn our brains to “mashed rice”. I’ll always believe that they are truly capable of it, I just don’t get why they won’t, it’s honestly just sad.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I paid about the same for my ticket to see them next month, but I have a good seat in the lower bowl. For reference, I also paid about 300 after fees for GNR tickets in the lower bowl in 2016-17. Unfortunately that's become a normal price for a stadium show.

I'm excited for the RHCP show though, their newest album is really good. I'm hoping they play Eddie and Carry Me Home.

I paid $180 with fees for the MetLife show this year. Same amount in 2016. Both in the 100 section. 2021 concert at Metlife I paid $130 with fees for mezzanine. I paid $180 with fees mezzanine for Metallica this summer. Lady Gaga was the same price as Metallica in the mezzanine section. 

In Ticketmaster checkout today I accidentally entered a typo in my zip code, thus canceling my $482 pit ticket. I saw it as a sign to just wait.

I’m hoping I can find those a bit cheaper soon. I’m really wanting to go all out this time around because I’ve decided it will be the last time I see GNR, so why not? On the other hand, I know damn well that during the 7 minute park of KOHD I will be asking myself if it was even worth it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

A new song dropping today would have created a lot of goodwill with me ahead of this astronomically priced never-ending tour.

Yeah the lack of new music really vacuums a lot of fun out of this year’s touring plans for me too.

Well, Godsmack just released a new single (Soul on Fire) and album. Haven't listened to them in ages. But they still rock. I like the guitar solo's on some of their new songs (solo on Growing Old is really nice).

I wish GNR would release a great rocker... but it just doesn't happen. There must be something in the vault Slash and Duff sound good on, come on.

PS I've already skipped the last GNR tour. I have seen them 3 times already. The only thing different was the lineup lol. It was nice to see Slash in the band, but I don't really know why I should go and see them again right now.

GNR Ahoy Rotterdam 2012 was probably the best concert for me. I did enjoy Nijmegen 2018 as well (Slash and the atmosphere, so many people). Gelredome 2010 sucked unfortunately... we had to wait and everyone started to become a bit frustrated. And when they finally showed up, it sounded horrible.

Edited by Lethalis

On 2/23/2023 at 3:42 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

Look man I believed in Axl and trilogy for a long time just up until 2021. I don't anymore. And I've of late come to the opinion that when Axl dies the vault still wont be opened. He'll have it all deleted or some crazy shit.

It's probably connected to his heart rate like some crazy bond villain. The minute Axls heart stops beating, the vault explodes and all the unreleased material dies with him. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Gelredome 2010 sucked unfortunately... we had to wait and everyone started to become a bit frustrated. And when they finally showed up, it sounded horrible.

Funny how opinions can be so different...
Gelredome 2010 was for me the best show ever. Band was great, Axl was great ("Thanks for the memories"), setlist was nice and sound was good.
Sound might depend on the place you are ofcourse.

I was seated....short side, lower ring, pretty low in the middle.

13 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Ten pages and no album? 🤦 Fuck this band. I bet we'll make twelve pages with nothing. That may sound crazy but we used to think ten pages was crazy too. 

Maybe we should change the thread title after, let's say 25 pages...

The "New Album"    The "New Single" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!
#StateOfGrace

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Maybe that's it Mister Gav, just compare the monstrous release of Metallica's first single, along with tours, and a bunch of cool stuff and compare it to the ridiculous release of Hard Skool, the music isn't bad, but the marketing failed.

Just read an article about David Crosby which contained an interview with him from last year. 

"If I can't make records I don't have new material to go out and play and I can't just go out and do my hits. That's just not OK, that's not good enough. Even at this late stage of the game." 

Just an ounce of that attitude would do wouldn't it? 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 3:20 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

As for new (not ChiDem) music, Slash said they would focus on that after the next tour (which has just been announced). So if we are going to take Slash's words at face value, the band will begin the process of writing new songs for a new album at the end of this year or sometime in 2024. This is the first time Slash (or any member of the band) has given a concrete answer on plans for new music. So it's really idiotic to continue to discuss/debate/argue over whether new music has been recorded, or if they plan to, or if they are going to ever, etc. Slash has confirmed there is no new music currently, and they haven't started writing new music, and they will begin that process after the 2023 tour. We have to now wait for an update. 

Sorry but calling any gnr fan dumb for being skeptical is a tad rich🤣 "wait for an update". I mean that's the update we've been prepared for since like 2011... Just be patient, Jeez!!🤣

The point you left out is that Slash said he finished recording his parts for Axls songs, and they are just being sat on... So there is "new" music, but they just don't want to release it. As for a brand new record, 2024 is a pipedream, they'll end up booking more shows next year and not get to the studio. Do they even have any songs to record in a studio??? Doubtful, as they don't really care about doing a fresh album, but they know they look like a nostalgia band right now, so they're dangling the carrot.

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just read an article about David Crosby which contained an interview with him from last year. 

"If I can't make records I don't have new material to go out and play and I can't just go out and do my hits. That's just not OK, that's not good enough. Even at this late stage of the game." 

Just an ounce of that attitude would do wouldn't it? 

but what's the point in wishing Axl had the attitude of a much more prolific person? 15 years after Chinese, at age 61, I don't think it's very likely. 

it's difficult to change your attitude, even a little, when you don't have the interest to do so. Axl is nothing like most musicians. He is not prolific for whatever reason.

the list of prolific musicians like David Crosby was is almost endless and completely irrelevant when it comes to Axl.

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but what's the point in wishing Axl had the attitude of a much more prolific person? 15 years after Chinese, at age 61, I don't think it's very likely. 

it's difficult to change your attitude, even a little, when you don't have the interest to do so. Axl is nothing like most musicians. He is not prolific for whatever reason.

the list of prolific musicians like David Crosby was is almost endless and completely irrelevant when it comes to Axl.

Oh no point at all.

What's the point in this thread if we're being honest? We endlessly discuss a fictional new album even band members won't think about! 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh no point at all.

What's the point in this thread if we're being honest? We endlessly discuss a fictional new album even band members won't think about! 

even though it's a new album thread, I treat it like a new music thread. I believe we'll hear more music at he very least if not a full album so that is why there is a point to this thread for me, among other things.

the bitch crying about why Axl is still Axl and not someone else is not very interesting cause other than being a form of a coping mechanism for the more bitter fan, it doesn't have much value at this point imho, after all this time of it being the exact same shit when it comes to Axl and how some posters here respond to Axl not releasing any albums since 2008.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

even though it's a new album thread, I treat it like a new music thread. I believe we'll hear more music at he very least if not a full album so that is why there is a point to this thread for me, among other things.

the bitch crying about why Axl is still Axl and not someone else is not very interesting cause other than being a form of a coping mechanism for the more bitter fan, it doesn't have much value at this point imho, after all this time of it being the exact same shit when it comes to Axl and how some posters here respond to Axl not releasing any albums since 2008.

Well apologies for posting a quote from someone out of mild comparative interest! 

It's clearly been very traumatic. 

Back to discussing things of apparent value.....music we'll likely never hear! 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Well apologies for posting a quote from someone out of mild comparative interest! 

It's clearly been very traumatic. 

Back to discussing things of apparent value.....music we'll likely never hear! 

I think a Slash solo would make State Of Grace a better tune, Just keep the same vibe the guitars give it, but with a mean solo. Kinda like how I think Chinese, I.R.S, and TWAT improved after Axl added Bucket's solos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1