The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

17 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I don't care if he is gay or bi but even this conversation is 5 times more interesting than bitching all day long about an imaginary album lol, actually, i see this thread more like an everyday GNR chat, there ain't no album guys :shrugs:

Bitching all day about a mythical album is preferable to entertaining a jocular narrative that a public figure is gay leading to offense to their fans? 

Edited by Sledge
Auto correct
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Oh FFS I made a small joke about Axl being in love with Ashba, the implication being that Ashba is so worthless that Axl must have had another reason to be as fond of him as he was. It wasn't even ha ha funny, just a sarcastic comment really. Didn't mean to start an avalanche.

Perhaps you were wrong... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Congrats. I've awarded you the ASHBA™️Badge of Shame

I've been itching to hand one of these out and you've made it easy. :lol:

The only other person who has one is @Dazey because someone had to be my guinea pig. :P

Oi! What did I ever do to you? 😂

To be fair I’ve earned that a thousand times over in the past so I’ll let you off. 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

What exactly were the Axl rumours? I think we all know he enjoys the kinks, But I was under the impression he just liked young beautiful women.

Did a quick search and all I could find was some articles about him partying at gay bars in 2006 and 2010. I remember some stories from when he was playing CD songs in strip clubs but I can't find them now so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it...

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Studio owner/engineer/producer, originally from LA but currently living in Oslo, Norway. He has been working with artists ranging from popband a-ha to black metal band Satyricon via Dweezil Zappa.

Source: https://www.discogs.com/artist/525277-Mike-Hartung

Probably just some Slash project. 

Didn't expect anything else. Every new Slash project is something positive from my point of view. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did a quick search and all I could find was some articles about him partying at gay bars in 2006 and 2010. I remember some stories from when he was playing CD songs in strip clubs but I can't find them now so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it...

In terms of being a fairly recognisable figure, it actually makes a bit of sense.
Probably much less likely to get hassled by folk in a gay bar.

Can just have a few drinks with friends and not be pestered all night by folk wanting to chat, get photos etc.

23 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just to clarify, they were separate rumours, not that they were together or anything. I think it was around 2006-07 (but could've been 2010) there were a lot of rumours about Axl when he was hanging out in NYC.

Manson blew Robin on stage, and yea Adler has been pretty open about some of the things he did for dope in the 80s...

Ah ok. When you said it, I thought you meant that there was a rumor of Axl and Pittman. 

I had read that Axl partied at a gay club in London around 2010. There is a possibility that he could have been bi. Also, it's no secret that his role models are Elton John and Freddie Mercury. So who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

In terms of being a fairly recognisable figure, it actually makes a bit of sense.
Probably much less likely to get hassled by folk in a gay bar.

Can just have a few drinks with friends and not be pestered all night by folk wanting to chat, get photos etc.

I don't know whether he'd be more or less likely to be hassled there tbh, my original post was more to do with the stories from when he was playing music in strip clubs but I can't find those articles anymore...

13 hours ago, wendirosez said:

Same thats where my unconditional love/support kicks in (ty M)

way i see that ,  ive spent my whole childhood with this band. Especially Axl.  Nothing will change regardless of any he said/she said.

At the end of the day you just want them happy, the way they make us.

Moving on! :)

To me it makes no difference! Axl will always be my childhood idol!!

4 hours ago, LandOla said:

I've always thought that Axl was gay for Slash. One of the main reasons he was so butthurt (pun intended) when he was out of the band.

Nothing wrong with that, he's probably bi.

This shit is weirder than Robin Fink's look in 2002, take a pause for the cause folks lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LandOla said:

I've always thought that Axl was gay for Slash. One of the main reasons he was so butthurt (pun intended) when he was out of the band.

Nothing wrong with that, he's probably bi.

Well in concert Axl did say Slash was in his ass.

Could have been more to this haha.

• Haha 2

So, since we all pretty much agree now that Axl is most likely gay, I have to say, it's nice to see only positive and nice reactions from the fans.

I thought it was great when Halford had his coming out back in the day and all Priest fans where like "So what? Give us a new album and a tour!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A thought I just had: Maybe there’s actually more songs with vocals than we realize, and the six or so they worked on during Covid are just the ones they’re planning to release “for now.” If it is true that some songs are being saved for later, that would explain why there’s been no sign of atlas. You’d think that woulda been the first one out the gate, but maybe Axl wants to save it for a more “meaningful” project.

Another possibility is that, if there are other songs with vocals, most of them are probably just “scratch tracks” like State of Grace, Nothing, Quick Song, etc., and therefore unusable.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1