The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

The Duff quote intrigues me like none other in the band for sometime.  If correct, he is the last gnr member to use the word “soon.”.

When he played Hardskool on his sirius xm show the week it dropped, he commented on it like a gag order had just been handed to him.  Something like “That’s that , so….” 

This week he volunteers info (albeit a nugget) to a reporter about gnr’s imminent future plans?  Who is the author of the article?  Does the journalist have credibility in Germany?  Is his email listed below the article?  Maybe he would respond to a question.  My question would be “why was your article deleted three days after you published it?”

Edited by Macho Vidal
  • Haha 1

I remember back in the MSL days he said something about getting a call from Beta and she was saying something about “you all are going to drive him crazy (meaning Axl), you all demanding new music”

It’s been years ago so I’m sure the quote is off but it was definitely about the fans and new music.

And if history has proven anything every other member and ex member of the group has had no problems releasing new music on a regular basis. Definitely not on the level of their gnr releases but nonetheless new music. And Axl has released OMG, CD, Hardskool, & Absurd. 17 tracks since 1999. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I am kind of curious how much of the militant approach to this is truly Axl and how much of it is Team Brazil behind Axl's back. Like personally I find it more plausible that TB made them take down Duff's interview more than Duff himself who gave the interview, or Axl

Why? I dunno, but TB also really was dead set against working with the fanbase at the height of the Youtube takedowns and whatnot

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I am kind of curious how much of the militant approach to this is truly Axl and how much of it is Team Brazil behind Axl's back. Like personally I find it more plausible that TB made them take down Duff's interview more than Duff himself who gave the interview, or Axl

Why? I dunno, but TB also really was dead set against working with the fanbase at the height of the Youtube takedowns and whatnot

That's what I think too, it's mainly TB doing all this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I doubt Axl is aware of much of this, probably Duff and Slash too and they probably wouldn't care anyway. My guess it's TB being overly cautious. I wonder if the bad glasto review stuff may have re-soured them on media a bit also.

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Madness. I wonder if Duff is aware of the article being deleted? 

I also wonder if anyone in management 'has a word' with him. Difficult to see how he wouldn't be pissed off with being told what he can and cannot say in his own band. 

That’s not punk as fuck

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

When Slash and Duff leave for good, this kind of bullshit and no new music will probably be reason numero uno.

While I agree, and I don’t wanna jinx it, I don’t think they’ll ever leave again. I think they’re too old to care, so they’ll just deal with this bullshit until the band is over. That said, IF they do leave again, it’ll 100% be cause of TB. I have a feeling Bumble’s departure also had partially to do with TB.

Back on topic: I think the story of Beta telling MSL “stop talking about new music or else you’ll drive Axl crazy” is probably true. It sounds eerily similar to that one time in 2006 when Baz told Axl “it’d be great if you got the album out this year man” and then Axl flipped out on him. New music is definitely a sore subject for Axl.

Edited by rocknroll41

If they dont start to write together, or if they try and it doesn't work and they get frustrated then I would expect Slash would leave like he did before.

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If they dont start to write together, or if they try and it doesn't work and they get frustrated then I would expect Slash would leave like he did before.

Nah. He has to pay Perla $100,000 a month until she dies. He’s not going anywhere.

Plus, last time, Axl interfered with Snakepit, whereas nowadays he lets SMKC do whatever they want, pretty much.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Nah. He has to pay Perla $100,000 a month until she dies. He’s not going anywhere.

Is that a legit figure?