The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

26 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

Is MSL still alive? What the hell does he do these days?

He is the manager of a wrestler who is a dwarf in MLW, I forget the wrestlers name. i dont think he has had any GNR releated stuff goin on for years

When I made comment about 4tus.  Don’t get me wrong I still prefer Slash in the band.  Always did. It’s why I play guitar myself.  Now (my opinion!) On a technical skill level, is 4tus better? 1000% yes.  I love Richard’s playing.  I think he’s a bit more precise, melodic in his own right and nails things.  Cool to watch too.  Better showman.  I think Finck/Slash would have been amazing.  On a feel and melodic sense I think Slash is better, but if you really think about it, we don’t really know what 4tus can do.  Unless you have the pale divine record which is cool btw.  But as far as guns goes until there’s a new writing session amongst current members we won’t know what the current lineup is capable of. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If there is such a Shackler’s, I hope we hear it eventually. 

When the 2008 leaks occurred, some people assumed they were the final mixes of the songs. I recall Bumblefoot responded by saying they were “older demos” so it’s possible and probably likely there are later mixes without Bumblefoot. I think Bumble joined in 2005, I do not know if he actually recorded anything that year or if they recorded his parts in 2006-2007. I assume his contributions were present by 2006 since the album was apparently coming that year at one point. And the Shackler’s that leaked earlier in 2008 had Bumblefoot on it and was close to the album version.

The Andy Wallace mixes leaked in 2008, aka the antiquiet leaks were from 2006 I believe. They didn't contain any Bumble or Frank parts so yes you're right, they were the last versions before the final album mixes I guess. 

Never particularly liked them. They were pretty lightweight. Compare that leak to the MSL leak in 2007 of IRS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

This forum is hilarious... You have Guns selling out stadiums with Slash back in the band. Every single review of the band is largely positive towards Slash in particular. 

And yet we have fans in here who want a session player to play lead guitar :lol:

It's not happening. He's lucky to be in the band. 

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

He's not even on the merch... 

He's a paid employee lucky to be there. 

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fortus has never been anything but an overrated gremlin. I really wish that rumor about Dave Kushner replacing him had been true.

I would've been down with that, always liked Dave in VR. He knew his place and wasn't trying to steal the spotlight. My favorite is Frank Sidoris though, he can play anything but he's super chill about it. 

Let's put it this way, Slash was on the Guitar Hero box, while Fortus was only known to people following NuGnR. He's lucky to still be there; if things had gone differently he might've been out and replaced by Izzy or someone else.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

He is the manager of a wrestler who is a dwarf in MLW, I forget the wrestlers name. i dont think he has had any GNR releated stuff goin on for years

Microman. I remember he agreed to talk to Rolling Stone only on the condition they put Microman's picture in the article.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting... The intro to the Shackler's "demo" and end both were definitely changed. I chalked it up to an editing change in the studio. I believe MSL tricked L!VE FREE (Brodie) into obtaining that song, so I wonder where he got it. L!VE did imply to me he did have the Rockband multis long before they leaked, so that supports your theory. 

Yeah, the sound on that Chicken Dinner track was muffled, almost as if it was recorded on cassete and not digitally copied. 

Not sure about MSL because I can't remember, but he claimed some leaks that were not his "work" too. 

47 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Ahh the classic old watermark technique. So paranoid people know who betrayed them. The first ITW remix leak has something like that on. 

It's just a theory. I don't remember the ITW leak, but the Village demos like Atlas and Perhaps def had some hiccups that could also have this purpose. 

44 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

That’s a great observation and one I’ve considered more and more since the locker leaks. Once the track listing for RM2(?) was leaked and we knew we were getting Shankler’s Revenge I was so excited as I thought we’d hear a very close demo, structure wise at least, to what we got on CD, but that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Your earlier comment too about the replacing of rhythm tracks on Riad, combined with the topic of Axl’s vocals and therefore the date being so late in the CD-sessions recording also leads me to believe these aren’t Bucket on the final version. However, the only thing that makes me think there was a close-ish version with Bucket on is the RB2 multi-tracks and that when you use the isolated lead guitar stem you can hear something that resembles an old solo buried in the mix. Now, is that confirmation of a Bucket solo? Not definitive, but think it’s a strong indication.

True, there is a faint solo that still can be heard (wonder why, seems like it may have a reverb layer forgotten by Caram/Axl). Still, it could be just some comped solo from several different takes, maybe from other songs too, and that's why Axl wanted to replace it with Bumble. Bucket's Scraped outro is awesome, but it's clearly at least 2 different takes combined. There's also some of his lead work that were resampled and used as some kind of synth effect - again, Scraped has it in the ending/outro after his own solo (it can be clearly heard on the stems, sound like a guitar lick looped and harmonized in layers) and Prostitute (that bit that plays when the full instrumentation ends and the mellow piano part starts). 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

After all the Team Brazil fuckery, deleting posts and dragging their heals officially releasing it, it would be pretty hilarious if The General finally just leaked this week. 😆

It would also feel like that one thing happening, would top even the Locker leaks of 2019.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Idk if it had anything added, but the initial leaks of ITW and Shackler's remixes were like a minute shorter than the real tracks.

I'd need to hear Chicken Dinner as it's been years since i have, but ITW didn't have anything added just taken away. The edit is the watermark. If for example you send a song to lets say 3 people with diff small edits on and it leaks out then you know where it came from. Lets you know who not to trust. 

I don't think it's something that was ever really done by people who had songs at the top rung of the ladder. But by people trying to climb it to get to the mystical A level songs it was.

2 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Does anyone know if Tom------ from that Facebook post got fired?

Don't know how to spell his last name.

Not sure but I doubt it. I believes it "Mayhue" & i'd be stunned if he was, he's worked for them for 35 years.

1 hour ago, Nick85 said:

After all the Team Brazil fuckery, deleting posts and dragging their heals officially releasing it, it would be pretty hilarious if The General finally just leaked this week. 😆

The band aren't going to do any promotional work, TB don't deserve to make any money from another botched release. I hope it leaks and they're all mega pissed off. It would be called karma. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I always think when listening to antiquiet or locker stuff and wonder wtf was wrong with any of those mixes.  Even the one back in the dated 1999-2001 locker stuff on disc 1.  Kind of blows me away that wasn’t “good enough” but why? What was missing?

The locker discs didn’t have many guitar solos, apart from the ones that Brian May did. The Antiquiet versions were better, but the rhythms and such that Bumble eventually added to the Final Cut are interesting, at least.

2 hours ago, beardedranga said:

Yes, I believe he obtained a position of some importance related to sports. I forget specifically, but I think he's an announcer or commentator. He's doing well, had a GF for a while, they seemed to be doing well, he lost a lot of weight and looked good, and most importantly, happy. I hope they are still together and doing well. I was never very close to him, but we have had some conversations. 

2 hours ago, beardedranga said:

Last time I remember him chilling in GNR fandom related areas was with the Village Session leaks, he as well as Nemus were on the (now defunct) GNR discords for a bit