Ryan Gosling Sings Barbie Song “I’m Just Ken” with Slash on Guitar

11 minutes ago, Rayno said:

What was the old Axl's quote about Slash playing with literally everyone who asks and destroying/embarassing the GN'R legacy? I remember he said something like that.

Micheal Jackson to Space Ghost i believe

2 hours ago, Rayno said:

What was the old Axl's quote about Slash playing with literally everyone who asks and destroying/embarassing the GN'R legacy? I remember he said something like that.

The Macdaddy singing about pussies full of maggots probably does more damage.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Micheal Jackson to Space Ghost i believe

The quote was about Axl being worried for Slash's personal legacy, not GNR's

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears like that...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

But keep in mind that Axl also said this about slash's collaborations

"It's like the first time I met Slash, I said, "The world's gotta see this guy." That's why when he plays with other people or does solo things it totally gets me off and makes me happy. It secures his place in rock history as a guitarist." [Hit Parader, June 1993.]

To me, it seems like Axl was more bothered by who Slash was collaborating with, not by Slash doing a lot of collaborations in general. Particularly the Michael Jackson songs, considering people close to the band have (Sorum and Goldstein) have both said that collab was a particular sore point. To be fair to Axl, if MJ had actually gone down for those child molestation allegations, it would have been a huge stain on Slash's career (much like actors being buddy-buddy with Weinstein was a stain on their careers). Thankfully that didn't happen.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rayno said:

I don’t think that sorta shit bothers Axl anymore. If anything, it now keeps GnR somewhat relevant.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

That’s what was predicted for Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Destiny. It didn’t happen.

Dial Of Destiny was tracking to really underperform before release from respectable industry outlets and journalists. 

Barbie is tracking for a pretty big opening. The Barbenheimer meme has become a legitimate cultural event with a lot of people online, plus the film has been really smartly marketed. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:19 PM, Carburetta said:

Demi Lovato song w/ Slash coming out this Friday.

I'm listening to an early version of it right it now. Called Sorry not sorry. It is very boring

On 7/11/2023 at 8:36 AM, meadsoap said:

The quote was about Axl being worried for Slash's personal legacy, not GNR's

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears like that...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

But keep in mind that Axl also said this about slash's collaborations

"It's like the first time I met Slash, I said, "The world's gotta see this guy." That's why when he plays with other people or does solo things it totally gets me off and makes me happy. It secures his place in rock history as a guitarist." [Hit Parader, June 1993.]

To me, it seems like Axl was more bothered by who Slash was collaborating with, not by Slash doing a lot of collaborations in general. Particularly the Michael Jackson songs, considering people close to the band have (Sorum and Goldstein) have both said that collab was a particular sore point. To be fair to Axl, if MJ had actually gone down for those child molestation allegations, it would have been a huge stain on Slash's career (much like actors being buddy-buddy with Weinstein was a stain on their careers). Thankfully that didn't happen.

Slash worked with MJ like two years before the allegations, so I doubt that had anything to do with why Axl was annoyed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Slash worked with MJ like two years before the allegations, so I doubt that had anything to do with why Axl was annoyed.

He worked with Micheal Jackson both before and after the children made their sexual abuse claims. But even before the 1993 lawsuit was filed, there were pervasive rumors about MJ that I personally remember clearly. We have multiple sources that confirm Axl objected to Slash's continued working relationship Jackson, and Slash implied it himself when defending his choice to appear with MJ after the child molestation allegations were made public.

ETA: Not trying to make any value judgements on who was right or wrong in this situation. Regardless of whether you believe MJ was innocent or guilty, it makes sense that Axl would be very uncomfortable with what MJ has been accused of, given the events of his childhood. It also makes equal sense why Slash would think Axl was being unreasonable. It's not unbelievable that it would have been a disagreement between them, even if not a major one.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1