Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

13 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Those first  two albums were brilliant. The drop off after that was like they were written by a different band. First album had the dark mystery, second album had the more mainstream stuff. After that everything sucked hard

Prayers for the damned was really cool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I just listened to the Village version of Perhaps again...this really isn't a great song, not even a good one. 

I can't see why they'd choose it if they had anything better finished and ready to go.

Same reason they chose absurd. Axl likes it.

59 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Is it really confirmed? I mean, did someone isolated the vocals and compared? 

The ones on HS have what i think is an exaggerated flanger effect going on, and as much as i'd love if they didn't tore apart Eye on You, i think it really is on there. 

The most telling part:

Eye on you: 2:25-2:30 / Hard Skool: 2:45-2:50
There is some differences prior to that scream but i think they've probably just retuned some parts during the final 2021 mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I always imagined it as being Zodiac 13.

I hope you are right, Zodiac 13 is my holy grail and not The General. Slash and Duff should never touch that one, i want it for the posthumous CD box set.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

It's an old song by the Doors, likely a cover on that CD2 list from Guns. 

I suppose it could be a different song with the same name, or a working title, but I doubt it. 

I just learned this today lol, i always thought it was part of the "mystic unheard ones" like Cuban Skies or Soul Monster and the rest.

Well, one less to speculate about, at least.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I doubt theyd be releasing these songs if they had much stronger material.

Your theory goes out the door by the fact alone that ABSURD was the first song released instead of HS, Soul Monster or pretty much anything that isn't Absurd lol. "Quality" has nothing to do with it when you consider what Axl chose to release in this order

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Your theory goes out the door by the fact alone that ABSURD was the first song released instead of HS, Soul Monster or pretty much anything that isn't Absurd lol. "Quality" has nothing to do with it when you consider what Axl chose to release in this order

Absurd was released first, sure, but then retroactively became the “b-side” of Hard Skool. It seems like the same thing is happening again, and Perhaps will retroactively become a “b-side” for The General.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Absurd was released first, sure, but then retroactively became the “b-side” of Hard Skool. It seems like the same thing is happening again, and Perhaps will retroactively become a “b-side” for The General.

Why/how did Absurd become the "b-side" of Hard Skool?

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Absurd was an A-Side and a single when it was released, and when the decision was made what to release first. Anything what came after that is not relevant to the point the poster made

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

25 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Where is the info regarding the General? I have heard that there's an old forum member that suggested it was coming out in September, but as far as anything official I've seen or heard nada!

1 hour ago, gunsnchalupas said:

I guess I am not allowed to post links, but I will just say it was a weird creative choice for Axl to re-record the vocals using his Reggae voice. 

Duff's tambourine is also too high in the mix. 

They like people to remember Duff is back in the band by turning up his bass a few many too dB high throughout in spots. 

At least the drums are not Frank's! Probably Brain, I doubt they would have used Josh's take. Of course Slash's guitar is too high, but the solo is a C+ version of Robin's A+

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Where is the info regarding the General? I have heard that there's an old forum member that suggested it was coming out in September, but as far as anything official I've seen or heard nada!

I’m just going off the common speculation on here based on the setlist pics and whatnot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I wonder if Axl still has writers block from nearly 30 years ago. All these songs have unfinished vocal (yet released anyway).

Doesn't the official release of TWAT have a bit of inaudible lyrics? The whole "never mind who gave you head/near the man who gave you head/near the man who reaped it in" bit? I remember when it leaked for years we thought that was a placeholder. It's subjective of course, but TWAT was probably the "biggest gun" of all the songs in the war chest and it still had unfinished sounding vocals and lyrics. When it comes to interpersonal songs, Axl isn't the world's greatest songwriter, but there is something special there. He's definitely struggled to put pen to paper. Which is a shame, because he's clearly talented and can do more than write great rock lyrics. 

I felt with CD and the leftovers, he really wanted to become known as a great songwriter as opposed to someone who knows how to write a great stadium rock song.

Edited by bumbleslash69
incomplete thought

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

Pre-save lol. Man, the record industry is really hurting.

It may be hurting but not because of the concept of pre-saves lol.  Pre-saves are just so you can have it on your streaming library page already when it comes out, so you don't forget about it between then and now.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1