Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

13 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Slashs solo is awful,how can anyone think it improved the leaked versión?!?!

Axl must be very dissapointed

By my count this is at least the 3rd time you’ve posted this sentiment in the last few hours. Looking for attention?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Slashs solo is awful,how can anyone think it improved the leaked versión?!?!

Axl must be very dissapointed

"Perhaps" you didn't see my post a couple of pages back about how people bitch and moan when they hear the official version of a song that in their mind, doesn't measure up to the leaked demo that they NEVER SHOULD HAVE HEARD IN THE FIRST PLACE?

2 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Touch tunes....for someone not in the US, is it just an app or online jukebox ? Can you rip or download from it?

Never heard of it until 3 hours ago

It’s an app that connects to internet connected jukeboxes at various bars and restaurants.  You buy credits to play songs. The songs are on the jukeboxes, not your device or app.  Think of it as an online music menu at a pup.

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

How is that version on SoundCloud still up? I had a pretty clear recording I took. Went to upload it and literally immediately got flagged that it could be copywritten etc etc and my upload was pulled. 

The clearer it is, the bigger the chance that the system recognizes it and flags it. The soundcloud one is just shitty enough to stay on

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

The most frustrating part of this fandom is that no one seems to see Axl's vision with new music. He knows the true fans heard snippets of The General for the first time via a leaked snippet playing at a party, so it's only appropriate to start the latest release cycle the same way with Perhaps.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like HS is an ideal GNR single in this day and age. Am I on crazy pills? Guitar riffs, Slash solo that’s actually thought out and fits the song, lots of lead guitar, Axl screaming chorus…

What is there to not like?

Always felt the original leaked Hard School although it didn’t sound very “GNR” at least it had some interesting elements and had a bit of a menacing style. The released Hard Skool is OK but just felt a bit flat to me, it kinda felt like an imitation of classic GNR with the it’s so easy rip off bass intro, the copy & paste “hey, hey’s” and kind of generic guitar sound which doesn’t really fit with the harsh vocal style used by Axl on the song. And the school bell was corny as hell, as others have said.

It’s part of the reason I am not bothered about genuine new material from the reunited band, I don’t think they can replicate what they had “back in the day” and anything they do will just sound like a cheap imitation of classic GNR. At least Absurd sounded like something different, just a shame the lyrics on the song are embarrassingly bad as the underlying music actually sounds pretty cool, but I can’t imagine slash writing a song like that. The other issue is I can’t believe Axl could record new vocals worth releasing but that’s another discussion entirely.

45 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Random people at Waffle Houses and Bars hearing Perhaps blasting in full quality over loud speakers, having no idea what it is and that it hasn't even been released, and I'm here stuck sitting listening to a shitty cellphone clip. Lmao

It didn’t work, so I went to BW3’s and tried it there since it showed that the song was on their playlist and ready to load up, via the app.. Everything loaded up, but Perhaps. I’m 0 for 2 now, are people actually finding this at certain spots?