Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

Whatever happens, Axl deserves it. I hope you can appreciate this as a fan. He earned his position and will take no fuck or pressure anymore.

Contrary to a lot of artists, Axl doesn't need to release new material constantly. His past material + the tours make enough money. He also doesn't appear to waste what he's earned very quickly. He is careful and patient.

Look at what happened to someone like Johnny Depp. He was careless, spending too much with his lifestyle, leaving his longtime faithful girlfriend for some whore he married who took half of his fortune and tarnished his name. He was forced to sell stuff he owned because of this mess.

Axl is intelligent. We almost know nothing about his private life. When we did, it was out of his control. Some parasites tried to bring him down.

He is also a lot more perfectionist than most people in the business. When new music come out, it sounds awesome and it's not just "music for the moment" "i need cash so I'm releasing this garbage having no inspiration to do better, sorry". His work = timeless awesome songs (except for some which I don't like of course). I loved Chinese Democracy overall personally. I prefer one awesome album like that than 10 mediocre generic rock albums from, say... Slash.

I'd love to hear new music of course. But it will take the time it will take, or never come out. I accept it.

Who knows, he might be working very hard on new material right now. Or resting a bit. He has appeared happy and healthy for the last few years, he deserves some vacation and happiness. He is finally at peace. 

Over here in France, we have a french famous singer called Michel Polnareff, who is a bit like Axl when it comes to release music. Polnareff hasn't released a new album since 1990. He became a recluse in the 90's and went to the US to find some peace (true story... funny how it ressembles someone you might like). He released one song (that should be featured on his upcoming album) two years ago and this song was bashed. Because it had been so long, because he is one of the best talents we have in France, some people expected something impossible from him: release the best song ever. Polnareff admitted that the bad reception of this song broke something in him and made him fearful.

It looks like the album will finally be release later this year though ; )

So... You never know. Axl may come back better than ever musically in the years to come. Or not. Whatever happens, he's done more than enough to me, his work and personality had a huge impact on my life. I'm grateful he exists and is still alive and well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D.. said:

Whatever happens, Axl deserves it. I hope you can appreciate this as a fan. He earned his position and will take no fuck or pressure anymore.

Contrary to a lot of artists, Axl doesn't need to release new material constantly. His past material + the tours make enough money. He also doesn't appear to waste what he's earned very quickly. He is careful and patient.

Look at what happened to someone like Johnny Depp. He was careless, spending too much with his lifestyle, leaving his longtime faithful girlfriend for some whore he married who took half of his fortune and tarnished his name. He was forced to sell stuff he owned because of this mess.

Axl is intelligent. We almost know nothing about his private life. When we did, it was out of his control. Some parasites tried to bring him down.

He is also a lot more perfectionist than most people in the business. When new music come out, it sounds awesome and it's not just "music for the moment" "i need cash so I'm releasing this garbage having no inspiration to do better, sorry". His work = timeless awesome songs (except for some which I don't like of course). I loved Chinese Democracy overall personally. I prefer one awesome album like that than 10 mediocre generic rock albums from, say... Slash.

I'd love to hear new music of course. But it will take the time it will take, or never come out. I accept it.

Who knows, he might be working very hard on new material right now. Or resting a bit. He has appeared happy and healthy for the last few years, he deserves some vacation and happiness. He is finally at peace. 

Over here in France, we have a french famous singer called Michel Polnareff, who is a bit like Axl when it comes to release music. Polnareff hasn't released a new album since 1990. He became a recluse in the 90's and went to the US to find some peace (true story... funny how it ressembles someone you might like). He released one song (that should be featured on his upcoming album) two years ago and this song was bashed. Because it had been so long, because he is one of the best talents we have in France, some people expected something impossible from him: release the best song ever. Polnareff admitted that the bad reception of this song broke something in him and made him fearful.

It looks like the album will finally be release later this year though ; )

So... You never know. Axl may come back better than ever musically in the years to come. Or not. Whatever happens, he's done more than enough to me, his work and personality had a huge impact on my life. I'm grateful he exists and is still alive and well.

I prefer 8 awesome rock albums like Slash's than one turd that CD is.

In fact I would prefer one Slash record over 10 CD's

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I don't mind Slash's meat & potatoes rock but what he's currently producing doesn't cut it as on the same platform as Guns N' Roses, therefore I'm glad Axl likes to push for that little bit extra when it comes to music for Guns N' Roses. CD might have not been everybody's cup of tea, but I liked it for what it was.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

If a new album is ever released, it will be Axl's 90's and 00's lyrics and melodies from the chi-dem sessions combined with some possible new (or reworked) music from slash and duff (with possible contributions from current gnr members or others), which would be best imo. I doubt Axl will record new vocals or write new lyrics, but do we want him to? What's he going to write about NOW? he may be creatively bankrupt (most signs point to YES). hopefully slash and duff contribute to what Axl has already written and they release something at some point, and if they do, I think it'll be great.

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It’s been a month since the tour has finished (and it hasn’t even quite ended yet).

Yet Slash managed to find time to make a new album with Conspirators. Sorry, I think that's telling us a lot about current affairs regarding GN'R 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yet Slash managed to find time to make a new album with Conspirators. Sorry, I think that's telling us a lot about current affairs regarding GN'R 

He’d been working with the Conspirators & some material before, while Guns have just been touring. Incomparable. Another pointless debate.

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

He’d been working with the Conspirators & some material before, while Guns have just been touring. Incomparable. Another pointless debate.

At this point fans settle for an EP with some CD leftovers. Why is it so hard to be able to make such an album? GN'R would be Slash priority in that case

As long as Axl keeps on touring Gn'R Greatest Hits with Slash and Duff, life is good. A new record to me sounds a bit like a mirage in the desert to be honest. But one can never underestimate what goes on Axl's idiosyncratic mind.... 

I think Axl will definitely release new music and it will most likely be with the (semi) reunion lineup, since any other configuration would be risky. It might be a while before it emerges, but it will. One of the driving factors will be that like all musicians, Axl is concerned about his legacy, and won't want to end his career having not produced anything else. I also think negative fans are speculating too much that Axl is lazy/unwilling to release more stuff; the reason for no music since CD is likely to have a lot to do with legal problems and issues with the record company, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I know there is every intention from all the key players to release a new album at some point.  

I don't think it's a question of motivation but one of execution.  

As I understand it, u have a good reputation on here so if u say that is the case then happy to go with that. In fact, I may be right in saying you commented in the past there were rumours of ‘activity’ actually happening?

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Why do I think there will be no new Guns n’ Roses music from this lineup? Simple. The cycle. What do I mean? Look at the patterns from the past 25 years. A band member, including Axl, says something vague like “we will be working on something new hopefully soon”...yet nothing comes of it. This includes every band member. Slash. Duff. Dizzy. Dorris. Axl! Pitman. Stinson. Bumble. Finck. Every band member hopes for new music, but yet nothing ever comes of it.

The argument in this case is the 2008 album, Chinese Democracy. This album being released is a near-miracle. There was so much pressure to release this album in coordination with the leaks to the point where Axl was cornered and had no choice but to throw it out there. I solely believe he would’ve tinkered with it for another few decades if he wasn’t nearly forced to release it. 

The sole thing preventing a release of this album is none other than the ringleader, the man who’s username I replicated when I joined (hell, my username in general is very ironic regarding this topic..). That’s right, Axl Rose. He is the number one thing blocking and crushing any minor hope of a new reason. 6/7, or in the Nu days, 7/8 of the band could pray for a new album release and it still would never have a prayer of happening due to his inability and moreso, his lack of desire, to release new music. Bumble, back in his days of being part of the band, did everything he could trying to get a new release. He suggested to management they at least tour with a new single. He was shut down. In an ironic way considering his latest album release, Axl is not running a democracy.

And I love Chinese! Great album, in fact, my favorite Guns album! But I don’t ignore that it was a living nightmare to release and in fact, damaged the guns name.

If Axl wanted to release something, you would’ve heard it by now. Simple as that. No, there’s no arbitrary contract deal with another company, none of that crap. He simply does not wish to release music. He says otherwise, but yet ironically we haven’t heard anything of substance since Chinese. 

Could you imagine if him, Beta, or Fernando outright said “no, no more new music. We’re going to tour the hits forever.”? They would get backlash up the ass. Instead, they play it safe and clever. They tease the forefront of new material without ever following up upon it. 

Let’s not forget Axl is in no rush to release music like he was in the CD days. He’s satisfied with his life. He’s made amends with most of his demons and enemies from the past. He’s entering his 60’s and his golden sunset years. New music is not a priority!

You think I’m kidding? We heard leaks upon leaks upon leaks during the Chinese era. Now? We get some crappy remixes from the DJ Ashba era and thats about it. There are no signs pointing to new music.

I’d love a new album. I’d be the first person in line to buy it. But we need to face reality guys. There’s no such thing planned and the sooner we accept it, the sooner we can all move on. Life’s too short. There are other albums and musicians who tour with new songs worth your money. Hell, Duff and Slash in their solo bands are some of them. But Guns simply, are not one of those bands. Face the music. Or in this case, the lack thereof.

A whole lot of blablabla, but at the end it means nothing. If they want to release an album they will. If they don't want, they won't. Chances are 50:50. So whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

At this point fans settle for an EP with some CD leftovers. Why is it so hard to be able to make such an album? GN'R would be Slash priority in that case

As they’ve just barely finished a 3-year long tour, maybe we could give them some time to relax as a band, because they are human beings (unlike Slash, who is a beast) and not music robots and have life outside GN’R, too...

Also, this is not some Slash’s solo band, this is a behemoth and the whole world will be closely watching, so they won’t just whip out some B-side songs but take some time to do it properly.

Etc. I feel like lately I’ve been just repeating the same shit here.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Why do I think there will be no new Guns n’ Roses music from this lineup? Simple. The cycle. What do I mean? Look at the patterns from the past 25 years. A band member, including Axl, says something vague like “we will be working on something new hopefully soon”...yet nothing comes of it. This includes every band member. Slash. Duff. Dizzy. Dorris. Axl! Pitman. Stinson. Bumble. Finck. Every band member hopes for new music, but yet nothing ever comes of it.

The argument in this case is the 2008 album, Chinese Democracy. This album being released is a near-miracle. There was so much pressure to release this album in coordination with the leaks to the point where Axl was cornered and had no choice but to throw it out there. I solely believe he would’ve tinkered with it for another few decades if he wasn’t nearly forced to release it. 

The sole thing preventing a release of this album is none other than the ringleader, the man who’s username I replicated when I joined (hell, my username in general is very ironic regarding this topic..). That’s right, Axl Rose. He is the number one thing blocking and crushing any minor hope of a new reason. 6/7, or in the Nu days, 7/8 of the band could pray for a new album release and it still would never have a prayer of happening due to his inability and moreso, his lack of desire, to release new music. Bumble, back in his days of being part of the band, did everything he could trying to get a new release. He suggested to management they at least tour with a new single. He was shut down. In an ironic way considering his latest album release, Axl is not running a democracy.

And I love Chinese! Great album, in fact, my favorite Guns album! But I don’t ignore that it was a living nightmare to release and in fact, damaged the guns name.

If Axl wanted to release something, you would’ve heard it by now. Simple as that. No, there’s no arbitrary contract deal with another company, none of that crap. He simply does not wish to release music. He says otherwise, but yet ironically we haven’t heard anything of substance since Chinese. 

Could you imagine if him, Beta, or Fernando outright said “no, no more new music. We’re going to tour the hits forever.”? They would get backlash up the ass. Instead, they play it safe and clever. They tease the forefront of new material without ever following up upon it. 

Let’s not forget Axl is in no rush to release music like he was in the CD days. He’s satisfied with his life. He’s made amends with most of his demons and enemies from the past. He’s entering his 60’s and his golden sunset years. New music is not a priority!

You think I’m kidding? We heard leaks upon leaks upon leaks during the Chinese era. Now? We get some crappy remixes from the DJ Ashba era and thats about it. There are no signs pointing to new music.

I’d love a new album. I’d be the first person in line to buy it. But we need to face reality guys. There’s no such thing planned and the sooner we accept it, the sooner we can all move on. Life’s too short. There are other albums and musicians who tour with new songs worth your money. Hell, Duff and Slash in their solo bands are some of them. But Guns simply, are not one of those bands. Face the music. Or in this case, the lack thereof.

If Chinese Democracy is your favorite GNR album, them I guess you don't really know or like GNR.

I get it that you like it, but to say it is your favorite (the whole world says it doesn't sound like GNR). Well...

The priority was a reunion and for most of us it was more than anybody was wishing for.

One thing is right, move on! Let's move on and maybe we´ll be surprised in the future.

My guess is new music in the next two to three years.

Up to there I keep on dreamming that Stephen Chesney is an Axl Rose persona and that this is really Axl and GNR:

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Also, this is not some Slash’s solo band, this is a behemoth and the whole world will be closely watching, so they won’t just whip out some B-side songs but take some time to do it properly.

This is exactly why nothing has happened with the current lineup yet. Axl has always struck me as one of those artists who holds himself to a very high standard when it comes to new material (obvious exceptions- Riad, OMG, Silkworms, etc). It's good that he has high standards, but it's incredibly frustrating at the same time considering he only releases something every 10 years or so.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87