jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

Is the Miami show going to be the first “all new show” show? I don’t generally keep up to speed on tour dates but I see this is kind of a one off show. 

I think we’ll get a better idea of GNR 2020 after that show/weekend. 

On 25/01/2020 at 11:09 AM, WildStar said:

Well Aye

Played Trilliams myself a few times back in the day. Once saw Gazza in there, trying to avoid the papparazzi when he was supposed to be in rehab. 

• Like 1

There is zero excuse not to play anything new. I don't understand how Axl doesn't get bored playing the same stuff for twenty years.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

23 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Played Trilliams myself a few times back in the day. Once saw Gazza in there, trying to avoid the papparazzi when he was supposed to be in rehab. 

Oh yeah I saw Gazza in their too. Off his face. 

I also saw Gilby 

1 minute ago, WildStar said:

Oh yeah I saw Gazza in their too. Off his face. 

I also saw Gilby 

It was a "Radge Against the Machine" geordie RATM tribute act night that I saw him if I remember correctly. With 5 bellies also, or whatever his name was.

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

It was a "Radge Against the Machine" geordie RATM tribute act night that I saw him if I remember correctly. With 5 bellies also, or whatever his name was.

I was at the Radge show. That must have been when I saw him. 

This trip down Trills memory lane is much more fun than the New Album mystery nonsense 

What do you guys think, can a new Guns N' Roses album suck? I mean, is it possible that after all this time and drama a new album really does get released and...is complete shit? Think Phantom Menace for example.

I think it could happen. Of course, the guys won't forget how to play their instruments, but all great music has one thing in common - Inspiration. 

So, if they take the easiest route and their hearts ain't in it the new album could very well end up a monumental turd imo.

It'll be generic and bland (if Slash and Duff have their way). Hope I'm wrong...

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

It'll be generic and bland (if Slash and Duff have their way). Hope I'm wrong...

I agree but if Slash reworks some of the CD II tracks at least we'll get to hear Axl's vocals/lyrics for those instrumentals.

10 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I agree but if Slash reworks some of the CD II tracks at least we'll get to hear Axl's vocals/lyrics for those instrumentals.

I'll take what we can get....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

What do you guys think, can a new Guns N' Roses album suck? I mean, is it possible that after all this time and drama a new album really does get released and...is complete shit? Think Phantom Menace for example.

I think it could happen. Of course, the guys won't forget how to play their instruments, but all great music has one thing in common - Inspiration. 

So, if they take the easiest route and their hearts ain't in it the new album could very well end up a monumental turd imo.

every Gn'R album was inspired, including Chinese imo. Inspiration or quality is not the problem. The only failure was to not release more music. I remember Axl saying before Chinese was released how he/they didn't want it to be like a Godfather 3 situation.

I don't think his high standards have changed much and even if they're older now, I still believe the 3 of them with the current line up can create and release a great Guns album.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Everyone would be fine with a VR/Myles kinda album with Axl, but it needs Sorum or Adler in drums and Izzy in the lyrics to be really good. 

• Confused 1

It's obvious that no new music will be played this January. Nothing is happening. No new music either and that Jarmo guy has zero creditability. I don't see why we're getting hyped for this like something is on its way. 

I bet you all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

It's obvious that no new music will be played this January. Nothing is happening. No new music either and that Jarmo guy has zero creditability. I don't see why we're getting hyped for this like something is on its way. 

I bet you all. 

Probably.  We'll see in about 5 days..

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I bet you all. 

I bet you're wrong.  Something is brewing and I'm pumped.

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

There is zero excuse not to play anything new. I don't understand how Axl doesn't get bored playing the same stuff for twenty years.

Money talks. Tommy Lee said on that MTV or VH1 documentary of their 2004 reunion how he didn't wanna do the reunion cuz playing the same old songs from 20 years prior does nothing for him. 

Guess what? He's doing it again this year. 16 years after he said that. 

If we don’t at least get “Hardschool” at this show, I’m convinced that we’ll never see a new album. 

It’s a shame that we have to wait for leaks every few years just to hear previously unheard material. 

Guys - we WANT to give you our money. Help us out. 

17 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

If we don’t at least get “Hardschool” at this show, I’m convinced that we’ll never see a new album. 

It’s a shame that we have to wait for leaks every few years just to hear previously unheard material. 

Guys - we WANT to give you our money. Help us out. 

Live shows. Thats it. There is the money... or a big % of it.

10 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl has a more than a few million reasons to not get bored

50 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Live shows. Thats it. There is the money... or a big % of it.

Yep and new music is the difference between 5-10,000 seat arenas/amphitheatres and 50,000 seat stadiums, and most of the people on here going to more shows. 

The thing is, I’d still support Guns if they said they had no interest in making music and just wanted to tour until retirement. It would be disappointing, but I’d actually appreciate the honesty. At least we’d know then. 
Instead they constantly mention it but never deliver 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Creed said:

Everyone would be fine with a VR/Myles kinda album with Axl, but it needs Sorum or Adler in drums and Izzy in the lyrics to be really good. 

So ... A GNR album? lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

The thing is, I’d still support Guns if they said they had no interest in making music and just wanted to tour until retirement. It would be disappointing, but I’d actually appreciate the honesty. At least we’d know then. 

Yep, same here. If they have no intention of releasing new music, I'd be happy to support them if they would just inform their fans.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I wouldn't. Axl is the one with the hang up about new music, and he doesn't have to make any, he said he had a whole album completed in 2014. Just let Slash rework it, WTF is the problem?