POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Funny thing about SI, i dont ever remember seeing any reporting that the band were working on what was SI, a covers album.

Oh, it was discussed in the media and the band talked about the "punk EP" as early as 1989. It naturally didn't get so much attention as the upcoming Use Your Illusion would, considering it was only a cover material, but still.

You can read about it here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p180-the-history-in-their-own-words#16052

18 hours ago, Rovim said:

internet connection is gonna be so fast and reliable that it will be too convenient to resist for most people. There is a lot of room for streaming services to evolve and maybe 30,40, 50 years from now I think there's a good chance the music industry/streaming services will find a better model so artists will get paid more. Even comparable in a way to how it was before Napster came along and changed everything cause the internet is not gonna be like the wild west forever.

my guess is that eventually laws will be made and enforced in such a way that it will be possible to sell millions of copies of individual songs digitally but it will actually mean something cause enough artists will be able to do that. (much better algorithms will need to exist but they're always working on that shit so even finding what you like will be faster and much easier.

I agree. And there will be no data caps, as this is already being discussed by mobile operators everywhere with commercial available 5G. Mostly because data is already a commodity, and the high capacity spectrum combined with fiber backhaul will make the whole concept of measuring speed and data kinda pointless. 

The music industry is another story. Currently they are trying to milk as much as they can with new artists with fucked up contracts that take some share not only from the records, but also the tour. And they are ripping off YouTube with those bullshit copyright strikes that are impossible to challenge (because if you lose, and you will, you'll have to pay for everything, so they win by fear). Check out last week's Rick Beato youtube channel and you can get the idea. 

IMO, the only way off is to get rid of record labels for good. One of my favorite artists, Meg Myers, managed to get somewhat a hit in alternative rock charts with her cover of Running up to that Hill. She's an independent artist and only managed to get her work recognized after she left the label. 

Guns N' Roses will not go in that way, tho. Axl is way too lazy to try to get anything done, and he would have to promote the fuck out of anything new to be released. And he feel he is entitled to still be consider a platinum rockstar that everyone cares about. Well, that's far from the truth now. 

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Here are reasons why I think we will get a new record at some point:

- Lots of music exist, it wouldn't be to start from scratch.

- All players involved have expressed an interest in releasing new music.

- Slash has confirmed they have worked on new music.

- jarmo seems to think it will happen.

- Fernando said it would happen.

And here are some reasons to think it won't happen:

- The band seems entirely content just touring.

- Axl is notoriously difficult to work with.

- A new record would likely not be a huge success in this time and market.

I am okay with people concluding either way, but referring to others as idiots for their conclusion is just childish. It must be possible to be cautiously optimistic without being referred to as a "delusional idiot", and also to think that it won't happen without that meaning that you sound "super smart". 

Everything else you said👍

Jarmo said...👎👎👎

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The band has zero issues right now its the most tight they have ever been

There was a glimmer of hope in 2016/17 that GNR was really 'back', and maybe they'd operate like a normal band again, but it's come across as 'NuGNR featuring Slash and Duff' for a while now unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Thats your opinon though

Of course it is. Do you disagree that it seems like NuGNR feat. Slash and Duff? Because really, all the do is tour the same show with declining quality, their only release was from the back-catalogue, and Richard and Slash give the same non-information in almost every interview. 4 years into a reunion, that wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for from GNR. :shrugs:

On 3/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, Millions said:

Imagine if Slash comes up with something really good - some brilliant riff, solo or song melody. At this point, with all the uncertainty, what is he likely to do with it?

Is he gonna give it to GNR, knowing it might be buried and disappear for ever, or will he use it with his solo career with Myles Kennedy??? Axl's bullshit is now in danger of directly affecting the quality of any forthcoming album. We're in danger of Slash and Duff getting to the stage where they just phone-in their live GNR performances for the cash, and use their solo careers to express themselves artistically. 

On 3/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, DTJ80 said:

Slash did say he had two separate buckets going for both bands. I don’t doubt that eventually stuff will ‘move’ from one to the other depending on how stuff moves forward.

Yeah I don't think he's going to let it sit around; eventually he'll develop it with SMKC. Imo it's in better hands with them anyway.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, AxlSlashthebest said:

let's be honest. how many song of the last album of Slash you still listen ? for me it's zero.  Slash know that Duff and Axl can move his composition to a next level

All of them. Still playing that record (and the live one).

On 3/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, RussTCB said:

Seeing as it's 2020, I looked at the streaming numbers. 3 songs from the new album are showing between 3.9 and 11.9 million listens. 

So moving 65k units isn't an accurate way to measure interest in new material. 

Yeah it's all about streaming figures now.

12 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I agree. And there will be no data caps, as this is already being discussed by mobile operators everywhere with commercial available 5G. Mostly because data is already a commodity, and the high capacity spectrum combined with fiber backhaul will make the whole concept of measuring speed and data kinda pointless. 

The music industry is another story. Currently they are trying to milk as much as they can with new artists with fucked up contracts that take some share not only from the records, but also the tour. And they are ripping off YouTube with those bullshit copyright strikes that are impossible to challenge (because if you lose, and you will, you'll have to pay for everything, so they win by fear). Check out last week's Rick Beato youtube channel and you can get the idea. 

IMO, the only way off is to get rid of record labels for good. One of my favorite artists, Meg Myers, managed to get somewhat a hit in alternative rock charts with her cover of Running up to that Hill. She's an independent artist and only managed to get her work recognized after she left the label. 

Guns N' Roses will not go in that way, tho. Axl is way too lazy to try to get anything done, and he would have to promote the fuck out of anything new to be released. And he feel he is entitled to still be consider a platinum rockstar that everyone cares about. Well, that's far from the truth now. 

I like Meg Myers too.

That's one reason I like Dirty Honey, they're independent and there's no record label telling them what to do or taking a cut from their profits.

• Like 2

Don't be surprised if this reunion fizzles out like the Stone Roses reunion did. 

Apart from a couple of mediocre new songs and a few megabucks tours, nothing came out of the Stone Roses' run in the 2010s.

The same will become of GnR - maybe with or without mediocre new songs. 

Actually, the parallels between the histories of GnR and the Stone Roses are quite remarkable. Both bands were even managed by Doug Goldstein at one point! But I digress. 

3 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

The same will become of GnR - maybe with or without mediocre new songs. 

I believe this is what will happen, eventually. Unlike most people here, I do believe they will release something. I just don't think it will meet people's expectations. 

The only way for the band to do something good by this point would be to cut the bullshit and release something unpretentious and straight forward. Just be honest and true to themselves. Ain't gonna happen tho.

6 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

No se sorrenda si esta reunión se desvanece como lo hizo la reunión de Stone Roses. 

Además de un par de canciones nuevas mediocres y algunas giras de megabucks, nada salió de la carrera de Stone Roses en la década de 2010.

Lo mismo ocurrirá con GnR, tal vez con o sin nuevas canciones mediocres. 

En realidad, los paralelismos entre las historias de GnR y Stone Roses son bastante notables. ¡Ambas bandas fueron incluso manejadas por Doug Goldstein en un momento! Pero yo divago. 

La canción de 2 nuevas rosas de piedra, son buenas, para mí, son muy buenas

Second coming is a fucking masterpiece, and last guns n roses leaks, some sound like second coming

Edited by Izzy squire

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Great keep coming up with bullshit opinions that have no basis in facts and let me see how that  works out for you

The only 'facts' we have are that no new music has been released since 2008. That's 12 years. 

There are no other facts regarding new music. Just speculation, statements and opinions.